Stayed here for 1 night for work, arrived in the evening and was given an awful room on the 2nd floor. It was a disability access room, the bathroom resembled a hospital bathroom, but uglier. The room itself was ok, the usual Mercure room. Older hotel, rooms renovated to the same style. To top it off my room was located outside the lift and other guests of the hotel allowed their children to run up and down the hall screaming at 11pm. This was obviously not the fault of the hotel.
I thought the location was bad, but I don't know the area and why people may want to stay there. I had business in Parramatta, but the walk to the city was a little far (20 minutes would normally be ok but not when carrying work). I had a decent wait for a taxi in the morning followed by a taxi driver who was annoyed at having to drive me a small distant. Across the road is a supermarket, some fast food (McDonald's I think) and a Hooters (yes, a Hooters) not really what I was after for dinner. I ate at the restaurant where the food was ok but overpriced (however to be expected in a hotel restaurant). I also had breakfast at the hotel, unfortunately there was only a choice of continental or full buffet. Standard choices, nothing flash. I especially loved the poster saying all the bread was home made when obviously it wasn't!
Staff at the hotel varied, from the stoney faced night manager to the lovely restaurant staff. I would not stay here agin, especially considering the cost of the room. The bathroom was totally unacceptable and the place just didn't have anything going for it from my perspective.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mercure Sydney Parramatta offers spacious and contemporary 4 star accommodation on the fringe of Parramatta CBD. Attending an event? We are in prime position opposite Rosehill Gardens, a 10 minute drive from Sydney Olympic Park and only a short distance to Parramatta City Raceway and Eastern Creek. Mercure Parramatta is the perfect place to relax with our welcoming M Restaurant and Bar open 7 days. With suites and interconnecting rooms why not bring the kids along they will love the use of our Pool, spa and tennis courts on site. So what are you waiting for? ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, ACCOR and Tingo so you can book your Mercure Sydney Parramatta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mercure Sydney Parramatta Hotel Rosehill
- Mercure Hotel Sydney Parramatta
- Mercure Hotel Rosehill
- Mercure Sydney Parramatta Rosehill