“Lovely day out” 5 of 5 stars

Visit Taronga Zoo like an insider
Top Rated
$79*
and up
Small-Group Nura Diya Aboriginal Discovery Tour...
Ranked #2 of 14 things to do in Mosman
Activities: Viewing wildlife, Walking, Camping
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Taking a ferry directly from Circular Quay to Taronga Zoo, located in the suburb of Mosman, is the first unexpected joy of visiting the animal park. Once there, the leisurely trails and opportunity to see some of Australia's distinct wildlife become apparent, as does the striking view of the Harbour Bridge from the seating at the aerial bird show. Advance booking can give you the chance to see koalas up close, or stay overnight and 'camp' in the zoo.
South Coast NSW
16 attraction reviews
“Lovely day out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2011

Taronga is an excellent zoo. For something different and because we had an American tourist visiting we went a different way to what we normally would, we went via the Aussie animals.

Very enjoyable day. I like that they had reasonably priced healthy foods as well as the usual deep fried options.

It is an expensive entry fee however I think most people would agree it is justifiable.

• Indonesian first
San Francisco, California
54 attraction reviews
“Lovely zoo”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2011

Lovely zoo with all the native australian animals. The cable car ride in the park made it special for my children. The variety of animals is great and facilities are very child friendly.

Seattle, Washington
11 attraction reviews
“Wonderfully Done”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Really one of the best zoos I have been to. The exhibits are very well done and the flow/path really great. Getting there could not be easier as the Ferry drops you off basically at the front steps. I was shocked at the price, but we certainly got our money's worth - spent the entire day strolling around. Don't try to be quick, because you'll miss so much. I LOVED the aviaries and the very interactive design. Got some great pictures just inches from some of the animals. Certainly go, but don't be shocked at the ticket prices! :)

Visited September 2011
Birmingham, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
“Enjoyable day, try and take your time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

The best thing about the zoo was the Australian animals. I think it is worth lingering over these areas, like the koalas, kangaroos, other marsupials, platypus, and the excellent reptile house. I really liked the snakes. Also it is good to wander slowly through the bird enclosures and have a look for them. The African animal area was shut when we were there which was a shame but I have seen this elsewhere anyway.

Some people have complained about the lack of food stalls but I must say I quite liked the fact there wasn't a heaving busy fast food outlet on every corner.

It is expensive so I took my time and got my value for money, I think! Arrived just after 11am and stayed until 4.

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Very disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2011

It was hard to find the animals! And the signs and directions were poor. Food facilities poor. The only saving grace is that it is in a great location. I shall not be taking my grand children on our next visit. The zoos in the UK and the States are much better.