“Very clean and great customer service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Metro Hotel Miranda

Save Saved
You added Metro Hotel Miranda to your Saves list
Metro Hotel Miranda
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   522 - 524 Kingsway | Cnr Jackson Avenue, Miranda, Sutherland Shire, New South Wales 2228, Australia (Formerly Metro Inn Miranda)   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Bonus $20 cafe voucher
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Miranda
Sydney, Australia
“Very clean and great customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

We stayed here in December while moving house. We stayed in the apartment which is very well equipped and great for a family. The apartment and rooms are very clean and the staff are very helpful. Will definitely recommend this place to others. Don't expect 5 star luxury, the rooms are a bit old fashioned, but squeaky clean. A credit to the staff there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of the apartment at Metro Hotel Miranda. The apartment is ideal for families,and for guests who need a longer stay, the apartment with the kitchenette is ideal and with the 2 bathrooms it works for families. I appreciate your kind review especially in regard to the cleanliness of the Hotel as my housekeeping staff all work very hard to keep up the standard.
Thank you for staying with us at Metro Hotel Miranda.

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

Stayed here recently in one of the 4th floor renovated rooms, so I can't comment on the older rooms...

Spotlessly clean room and linen, great bathroom with good hot shower, comfortable bed, best hotel pillows I've had in a while, and a good sized TV. Easy free parking, location right next to huge Westfield. Our room was literately right next to the lift, and we didn't hear a thing. We were warned very clearly by staff at check in regarding the issue with mobile phones and the keycards, however we didn't have any issues.

The room wasn't huge, but big enough for myself, my wife and our baby. If you need any more room than that, pay up and get an apartment style room rather than complain about your studio room! Given the lack of other options in the area, the price was reasonable.

Getting a cab was a little difficult, but hardly the hotels fault. Not many taxis in the area at all.

Will happily stay here again any time we need accommodation in the area.

Room Tip: 4th floor renovated room worth the money.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for your kind review.
My staff and I appreciate your thoughts and I agree with your comments. It can be very difficult at times especially when we all work so hard to make our guests feel happy and secure at Metro Hotel Miranda. My house keepers are a good team and in my opinion, clean and service the Hotel rooms to a high standard, thank you for your comments in regard to the cleanliness of the Hotel.
All the very best to you happy travels to you and your family.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

We expected a bigger room and balcony or at least an opening window for what we paid for a superior room. We questioned the size of bed but were assured it was a queen so would have to say it was definitely the smallest queen bed we have had in any accommodation! There is a shortage of convenient power points to charge phones etc as well as bench space in the room and bathroom to put bits and pieces. Overall the superior room was quite cramped. Other family stayed in standard rooms, also overpriced for what they were; old and tired looking although they did have a balcony for fresh air, even if it was shared with other rooms on that floor. Every family member in the standard rooms felt the beds were too hard and they all heard the lifts going up and down, and even some early morning calls for staff to report somewhere. Key cards in the lifts and rooms were a continual problem. After advising staff they weren't working, we were told you can't put them next to your mobile phone, keys or coins so basically you have to have a pocket or place just to keep your key card. Either advise guests of this on arrival or improve the programming on the key card! One of our key cards was kept in our room the whole time and it wouldn't work after day two, so don't know how that one can be explained! Although not Metro's problem, the taxi service for this area is shocking and guests should be warned that booking a taxi does not guarantee you one at the time you want, allow an extra 30 to 40 minutes to be on the safe side and hopefully you won't miss most of the wedding you travelled here for! I have given Metro Miranda two stars; one for Dale the night manager who was helpful enough and seemed to have her hands full dealing with a few other situations, and the other star for good housekeeping. No stars for value for money, but given that accommodation in this area is rather scarce, don't expect that's going to change.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review. Before staying at any accommodation it is always advisable to read the Hotel description as we clearly state the superior floor have amazing views however all rooms have air cons, we never advise that that these rooms have balconies.
The bathrooms have 2 shelves, so for a night or 2, I would have thought that was adequate.
These Superior rooms are not cramped, it is possible you should have booked one of the apartments, which would have have given you 2 rooms.
All the beds in the Hotel are brand new, they are SEALY BEDS made to a MEDIUM standard HOTEL Commercial. In the feed back I have received they are very comfortable.
Our key cards are causing some issues with guests but we are so concerned about the security and my guests safely until the lift company can change the system this is what we have to use, however if these keys are used correctly they are are an excellent system, only a small percentage of guests have problems with the system. I am aware of the Hotel / Motel prices in the Sutherland shire and METRO HOTEL MIRANDA is actually very reasonably priced for value for money. Happy travels to you I hope you will find accommodation in the future that suits you.
Gold Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

room key cards kept causing greif, we came back one night and the card wouldn't unlock our door. The after hours lady blamed us by having our phones too close when I have had my phone in my pocket and key card separately in my handbag/wallet the whole time. Also the rooms are average for the price you pay. However the Polish cafe underneath was great and I would return there, but not to this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, November 25, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry you had a problem with the keys, however if your key in your bag was by your mobile it is possible to wipe the data on the cards.
The Hotels offers 3 .5 star and 4 star accommodation, the choice is yours of course. As for the rate for the room provided it was a bigger room as you had 3 people in the room and at $65.00 per person for the first night, It was not over priced. The 2nd night was based on week end rates it was again your choice to move to a smaller room and pay a reduced rate for a balcony queen room. I do agree the cafe is excellent thank you. Happy travels to you..
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Compared to other options nearby, this hotel is pretty good value. We stayed in one of their non-renovated rooms, which was clean and fine but very tired. We didn't want to spend $160+ for a 'renovated' one, which frankly just doesn't seem good value. Why they don't take enough pride in their establishment to renovate all the rooms (which, based on the pictures, doesn't look like more than a lick of paint), I don't know. Their electronic key system is rubbish, the person at reception laughed and said that everyone has problems with the system - which I would think should encourage them to fix it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write your review. You begin your review with the prices at this Hotel being reasonable, and you are correct in this statement, how ever you are incorrect in the rates that you quoted.
At Metro Hotel Miranda we offer guests a choice on accommodation between 3.5 star and 4 star, why should every room have to be identical, that would stop my guests having a choice in room type and price. Actually the top floor took a little more than a coat of paint it was a totally new floor to this hotel with amazing views over Sydney with modern facilities and decor.
The key card system in the lift can for some guests be difficult to understand if you remove the card to quickly it cannot read all the data on the card which I assume you have may have done.
The key card system is serviced on an regular basis and does not have to be fixed.
Thank you for staying at Metro Hotel Miranda, Happy travels to you.
Berry, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Booked to stay two nights.. We had a room on the second floor, which was very dated and in much need of an overhaul. The room was on the corner of the building and as such was close to the Kingsway. The road noise was a problem as we had to keep the balcony door open. The airconditioner whilst it worked, was more like a 737 in the bedroom so that was of no use. The most uncomfortable nights sleep I have ever had at any hotel I have stayed in. I travel regularly within Australia and overseas. We left our key at reception (was not open when we had to leave the hotel) and couldn't face staying another night. Two nights accommodation paid for only one nights stay. Im sure other rooms are in better condition (by reading other reviews). Just make sure you get one of those if you decide to stay here and make sure its on the quiet side of the hotel. Very disappointing!

Room Tip: Stay away from the Kingsway and make sure the air conditioner is in good order (quiet).
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Guest ,Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am very sorry you did not find Metro Hotel suitable to your needs. Unfortunately you did not speak to myself or my staff to voice your concerns, I am contactable 24 hours, all my contact details are in all rooms. If you do not communicate with me, I cannot assist and resolve your concerns. My reception is not 24 hours as this is not required at this Hotel however reception is open 14 hours a day. The Hotel is located on a busy road, however there have been major road works over the last few weeks due to West field makeover.The air conditioner has been checked it was adjusted to fan mode and this was vibrating, if you had contacted me I could have corrected this for you. Once again I am very sorry you did not contact me and very disappointed, you just departed and did not notify myself or my staff. If in the future you need accommodation in this area please contact me and I will personally look after your reservation. Happy travels to you both.
Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This hotel was OK, but no more. Paid 160$ for one room with one double bed and one single bed, for Saturday night. Bed was comfortable, room was clean. But room key cards kept not working, and lift was also temperamental (also room key card operated) - would not stop on lobby floor for us or others. Cathy on reception was friendly and helpful but a bit stretched with so many things not working. Breakfast would have been 20$ each (pretty steep) and although there's a McD round the corner, you cannot get into it till 10am Sunday. Parking was on rooftop, included in room rate, OK.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Dear Guest, Thank you for staying at Metro Hotel Miranda, and taking the time to write this review. At Metro Hotel we do offer 3.5 star and 4 star accommodation. The $160.00 rate on a Saturday is based on Occupancy there fore we would have been fully booked over the week end you were in Miranda. You do have the option of the 4 star accommodation which are rooms on the top floor and only 18 months old. The breakfast that you mentioned in the cafe are priced from $6.95, the most expensive breakfast which is the big breakfast is $16.95 and is massive and delicious.
The key card system we use in the Hotel can be a little tricky at times however it is usually the guest not using the card system correctly, usually pulling the card out of the reader in the lift to quickly so the data on the card cannot be read .It is also a shared lift with other businesses at this location which can sometimes confuse our guests. Once again thank you for staying at Metro Hotel Miranda.

Been to Metro Hotel Miranda? Share your experiences!