“Suited our needs, comfy bed for one night stay close to Caringbah Tradies” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Metro Hotel Miranda

You added Metro Hotel Miranda to your Saves list
Metro Hotel Miranda
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   522 - 524 Kingsway | Cnr Jackson Avenue, Miranda, Sutherland Shire, New South Wales 2228, Australia (Formerly Metro Inn Miranda)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Miranda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Indonesian first
ACT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

A good value for money hotel, with quiet rooms and good location. I stayed one night, prior to an appointment in Sydney, and I was impressed. The lady at the desk was funny and quite a nice person to deal with after a long drive. Considering I had literally just pulled in to Sydney, was good to deal with someone who wasn't stuck up or anything.
I did think it a bit funny that there were signs 'everywhere' for "Don't do this, Don't do that..." was a bit strange, but otherwise the place was quite comfortable. ESpecially the new rooms. Recommend these.

Room Tip: Get the refurbished upper floor rooms. They don't have a balcony - but they are nicer. They do c...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, November 25, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent review and your kind words. I am pleased that Metro Hotel Miranda was quiet and comfortable for you, during your stay.
The notices are just there to remind all guests to be respectful and quite and to consider all my guests so they can all have a peaceful nights sleep, as you did.
Cathy, the lady at front desk who checked you into the hotel is such a nice person. its all about customer service and that is what we all work toward at Miranda.
Palmerston North
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Our room was comfortable, quiet and we had the pleasure of cockatoos and another brightly coloured parrot on our small balcony. Staff were helpful and for its locality, it was better than I had expected.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review of Metro Hotel Miranda.
The local bird life is amazing and the birds do get spoilt by our guests.
I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us and the staff were helpful and friendly.
New Zealand is not so far away so hopefully we may meet again some time soon.
Once again thank you for choosing Metro Hotel Miranda for your destination in Sydney.
Dunedin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

On most occasions you get disappointed by a hotel. In this case I had simply booked as it was walking distance from a morning meeting. the out side of the hotel is a bit run down and you prepare yourself for the worst. Even the lobby is a bit shabby (like a hostel) but nonetheless I knew that they had charged me a very fair rate so I sent ahead. I had paid a little bit more for the superior rooms (4th floor) and on leaving the lift I was actually surprised. The room is small but clean, modern and very functional. It was quite and the trimmings were more than expected. This hotel keeps reminding me that it IS the small things that matter - very friendly (helpful) staff and a hot chocolate before dinner. Next time I have a meeting in Miranda I will stay here!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra for the top floor. it gives you a desk and is nice and quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review.
Your kind words are appreciated. I am so pleased Metro Hotel Miranda was, " a nice little surprise". and the Hotel suited your requirements.
You are so correct, its the little things that make all the difference and hot chocolate is definitely one.!!!
Thank you for staying with us, hopefully we may meet again in the future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

External parking very cramped, undercover parking almost impossible to get into with anything but a small car due to tight bends.
Bathroom very tired, broken tiles with black stains in grout. Lifts and passages quite dirty.
Would comment on the breakfast ordered but it failed to be delivered.

• Stayed November 2012
Dharlick, Manager at Metro Hotel Miranda, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Car Parking at Metro Hotel Miranda is always very busy however there are 3 levels of undercover parking under the building which is very easy to access. The top 2 car parks are the closest to reception which is why most of my guests choose to park at that location.
Always check with reception as in Sydney, Parking is always at a priority.
Lifts at this location are used by 8 businesses one being a Gym, the lifts are cleaned every day.
Bathrooms in our balcony queen rooms are being upgraded how ever I can assure you they are all very clean.
I do apoligise in regard to the breakfast not being delivered, if you wish to contact me I will personally look into this for you.
I am very sorry we did not meet your requirements if you wish to stay with us again please call me direct and I will personally look after your booking.
brooklyn
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I loved the fact that there was a microwave and fridge and tea kettle in the room as I stayed there for 10 nights. The hotel was very convenient to the train and right next to the mall. There were also several restaurants within walking distance that I ate at which were pretty good. I especially enjoyed the Irish Bakery. I stayed in an older (un-renovated) room with the queen and single beds. I was going to upgrade to a superior room, but it didn't make sense as the room I had was perfectly acceptable. The only problem I had was that a lot of people slammed their room doors which was super annoying especially when I was trying to sleep. Several guests were also very loud in the hallways even though there are 10 millions signs asking people not to be considerate! All in all, I enjoyed my stay and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: I would try to get a room away from the elevator.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest, Thank you for taking the time to write your review.
Also thank you for your kind words, my staff and I appreciate your feedback. I have tried to make all the rooms with in the Hotel user friendly, as many guests are here for work, all the added amentites are appreciated.
The Hotel doors are heavy doors due to being Fire Rated, I have, as you mentioned requested all guests to consider all my other guests however, I am very sorry to say this dose not always happen.
Yes I agree the Irish Bakery is excellent.
Once again thank you for your kind words, I look forward to meeting you in the future.
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

We stayed for one night at this hotel and paid a rate of $160.00 for a double room (queen bed and a single). We were on the second floor which I am guessing is one of the floors that has not been refurbished. While the sheets and towels and room were clean, the bathroom was extremely run down with chipped tiles, mouldy grout and a vent / fan thing in the wall that was covered in dust and very noisy. The door to the balcony and the window did not seal properly and therefore did not block out the general street noise, it was like sleeping with the door and window wide open. I honestly would not have cared about these few little issues if I had been paying around $100 per night but for $160.00 per night it is a rip off. I stay in Sydney in various locations at least once or twice a month and generally pay around the $140 - $160 rate per night and this is by far not worth the $160 they charge.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to add this review.
The rate of $160.00 is a week end rate, so not mid week as our mid week rate is from $115.00.
The hotel rate is subject to occupancy, therefore the rate does alter due to occupany.
The Hotel is a great location and is a very popular destination.
Please contact me as you mention you travel for business which I would assume is mid week, as my corporate guests can request a speical rate.
The house keeping issues you mention have been addressed.

Been to Metro Hotel Miranda? Share your experiences!