“Excellent facilities and accomodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Hotel North Sydney

Save Saved
You added Vibe Hotel North Sydney to your Saves list
Vibe Hotel North Sydney
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 Alfred Street, Milsons Point, Milsons Point, North Sydney, New South Wales 2061, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Milsons Point
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent facilities and accomodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Well presented and clean. Well positioned for business or family, due to its location making it accessible to most locations by public transport or by foot. Staff were friendly and conference facilities were ideal.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Julie G, Manager at Vibe Hotel North Sydney, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Dear alfcharm

Thank you for staying with us and for leaving us delightful comments about the hotel.

The team will be thrilled to hear that your stay and use of conference facilities met your needs well and that our wonderful location assisted in making your time at the hotel enjoyable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again and appreciate the time taken to post a review on our page.

565 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here a while ago when on business, and found it to be very comfortable. The rooms are a little small, but well appointed. They have a really nice bar and restaurant and the location in fantastic, situated literally just up the street from Luna Park. The 5 minute walk takes you to the bottom of the bridge for sensational views back to the city and Opera House. Just a note though, when I stayed here, the pool wasn't heated....and yes I found out the hard way.

Room Tip: Try to get a room at the "front of the building" for better views.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Dear michaelwebster65

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay - it pleases me that even though you stayed with us in 2012, you still have taken the time to post a review - again, thank you!

The hotel is in a fantastic location and we are very lucky to be situated just up the road from beautiful Sydney Harbour, I am very glad that you were able to take time out from your business to visit the foreshore and take in the view.

Micahelwebster65, we look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe Hotel North Sydney!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was my first visit to this hotel, I stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is situated in good location but that’s the only good thing that I can say about this hotel. I was totally surprised by how small the size of the rooms were, the double beds are small and mine was creaky. My room was tired looking and had mould on the ceiling photo attached, bathroom was below average and it seemed like eternity for the hot water to get going which is really not an efficient use of water. You can hear the toilets being flushed next door and water running etc. If you are expecting a view of the harbour from your room as per the pictures on their website or promotional material you would be very lucky as they must be limited, the hotel is surrounded by other buildings so that makes it hard to see the harbour. Thirty of us stayed here and only one person had a view from their room and that was the person who booked the hotel. The breakfast area had a great view but the atmosphere is hallow and cold and its appearance has a canteen feel. The service is non existent staff are really good at saying sorry, the bar closes very early around 10.30pm. The check in and check out staff are trying to be trendy rather than provide a service. A special mention for good service to Cindy. One of the nights I was there we were evacuated as the fire alarm went off and it wasn’t really clear what was happening from staff, very disorganised. I am surprised by how good the other reviews are on this hotel. There are so many better options in North Sydney.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Julie G, Manager at Vibe Hotel North Sydney, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear SCTC

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback in regards to your recent stay with us.
It was extremely disappointing to read that the serviced received throughout your stay fell short of exceeding expectations and that the cleanliness of your room was not satisfactory. Many thanks for bringing this issue to our attention and I can assure you that the problem has now been rectified.
As per the title of your review, the location of the hotel is superb. Unfortunately, due to other tall buildings around us, we are only able to offer views from the Eastern and Western sides of the building. Three of our four room types do offer water views over Lavender Bay or Kirribilli.
The comfort and service offered to all of our guests is very important to us and I would like to personally apologise on behalf of the team here that we did not achieve our goal in making your stay with us memorable.
If possible, I would like the opportunity to speak with you further about your feedback and can be contacted on the following number - +61 2 9955 1111.
Once again, thank you for your comments and I look forward to being in contact with you and hopefully welcoming you back to the hotel.

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

At first I was disappointed in the size of the room and bathroom ..... after traveling extensively over the past 6 years and returning to Australia just last year, this was my first experience of an Australian Hotel for quite a long time.

I have been spoilt in the past with the size of the rooms in most hotels / resorts in Asia ... so my first reaction here was disappointment due to the small bathroom and small basic bedroom.

BUT ...... all that aside, there are other conveniences that make up for the 'size of the room', when after all, its just to sleep in at night. The staff are very helpful and friendly. We stayed here for 3 nights and all staff over that period of time were very pleasant and helpful.

The room was clean and comfortable and contained all 'the usual' conveniences like Tea & Coffee, Shampoo & Conditioner, Iron & Ironing board. I don't like showers over the bath, but it was a small bathroom, and really, the only 'complaint' if one considered that even a 'complaint'!!

I have read other comments about it being noisy .... in our three day stay we did not find it noisy at all..... it may have helped that our room was at the back on the 7th level. We slept really well and only heard our neighbours return late one night when the door slammed just that one night. What I would consider 'normal hotel noise'.

There is WiFi to the rooms, but it seems to be common in most Australian Hotels that one has to pay extra for this 'service'. But it was certainly 'fast internet' ... so was happy!

The restaurant provides an excellent evening dinner .... service was good and once again, the staff were helpful. Breakfast was included in our booking and was a full buffet style breakfast. The choice of hot, cold, savoury and sweet breakfast foods available was better than expected.

The hotel is in a very convenient location .... right opp the Milsons Point Rail Station. The staff at the hotel helped us with information on how to get train tickets and also the ferry tickets as there is a Ferry Terminal also within walking distance.

Overall .... hotel is clean, comfortable and convenient.

Yes ..... definitely would stay here again.

Dear LFSingapore

Many thanks for such a comprehensive review of your recent stay at Vibe North Sydney. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your time with us and that we will see you again!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Located across the road to milsons point train station, convenient access to Luna Park a 5 min walk. Didn't get a room with a view so was disappointed, my room's air conditioner wasn't working and although I reported it I'm not sure what was done to fix the problem, so the room remained hot and stuffy! Bed was hard and air conditioner was very loud so I did not get any sleep.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Carm7220

Thank you for providing feedback about your recent stay. I apologise that the maintenance issues encounted with the airconditioner were not rectified during your stay. I have shared your review with our team and have highlighted the importance of keeping our guests up to speed with actions being taken in regards to their rooms.

I hope that we are able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I spent one night here and it was a nice place to stay. It's right next to the harbor bridge and has great views of Kirribilli and Lavendar bay. The room was a good size, basic but very comfortable. It's also next to the train station and a ferry dock so great transport links.

The staff were helpful and very nice (although long waits because there was only 1 person on and she was over worked).

I'd recommend this for personal travel or work.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear axe50

Thank you for staying with us and for providing us with comments about the hotel and local area.
We are lucky to be in such a convenient location. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel again in the future and appreciate the time you took to write a review on our TripAdvisor page.

Wollongong, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

Well located for activities in North Sydney and the CBD. Didn't have a view but we were only there one night. Breakfast was in a very pleasant room.Staff very friendly but we left a phone with the desk to charge overnight and got it back dead flat next morning which was a bit of an inconvenience. Walls are a bit thin as I was kept awake by the person in the next room snoring most of the night which certainly was not what I was expecting. The actual bed was very comfortable though.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Austimum

Many thanks for letting us know about your recent stay and I apologise for the small issues you encountered during your stay. Please do not hesitate to let our team know at any time during your stay if you encounter noise issues and we can see if we can either fix the problem or move you to another room.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Vibe North Sydney.

Regards
Assistant Hotel Manager

Been to Vibe Hotel North Sydney? Share your experiences!