“Great Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Vibe Hotel North Sydney

Save Saved
You added Vibe Hotel North Sydney to your Saves list
Vibe Hotel North Sydney
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 Alfred Street, Milsons Point, Milsons Point, North Sydney, New South Wales 2061, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Milsons Point
Northampton
“Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

We stayed here whilst we were in Sydney and found the location great, there is lots of small eateries in the vicinity (the other side of the railway station) and as you walk up from McMahon pint (the other ferry point across Lavender Bay).
We were there 5 nights but purchased a 7 day ticket for the Metro system which gave you all buses, local trains adn ferries and was the equivalent of two 24 hour passes - so this was very good value for us.
It is worth walking across the bridge one day.
We didn't eat breakfast here, but used the restaurant one evening - make sure you pick up the little information booklet that gives you one main meal free.
I would happily stay here again.
it is i

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Julie G, Manager at Vibe Hotel North Sydney, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear jec01,

Many thanks for letting us know about your stay! You have included some fantastic tips on transport and dining options around Sydney which I am sure other travellers will find most useful.

Thanks again for posting your feedback and we hope that we will be able to welcome you back to Vibe Hotel North Sydney in the future.

Regards
Julie Gibson
Assistant Hotel Manager

559 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Birmingham, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with 2 friends for New Years in Sydney. It is just the other side of the Harbour Bridge making the walk to the main centre of Sydney a pleasant one. It is also conveniently located opposite Millsons Point train station. The staff overall were helpful and the room was clean and comfortable. The food in the bar/cafe was good quality if a little overpriced but this is Sydney. The buffet breakfast was also decent quality. The only problem we encountered was we were informed breaksfast was available from 6.30am during the week, and due to us booking a trip to the Blue Mountains we had an early start on Tues 2 Jan. When we went to the breakfast room it was shut. We returned 10 minutes later and it had been opened but only because some other guests who also had an early start had complained! Overall I would recommend this hotel and I would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear dawn16ac,

Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about your NYE 2012 stay here at Vibe Hotel North Sydney!

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and do apologise about the error in opening hours for Curve Restaurant. I am very pleased to hear that you were able to enjoy breakfast on this day - even though there were initally some problems.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again to Vibe Hotel North Sydney in the future

Kind Regards
Julie Gibson
Assistant Hotel Manager
Adelaide, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We found the location obviously quite handy and staying six nights this was crucial to get around. Checking in and the staff member seemed distracted and even though we handed over a lot of paperwork/id we really weren't made to be that welcome. On our first night we discovered bugs crawling and when we reported it the next morning they promised to check it out but when we returned that evening no note was made to let us know it had been completed. Being there for six nights it just felt like the rooms weren't that clean hence our concerns regarding bugs/insects being well founded.
We checked in for our airline and paid $6 for the pleasure of printing in the lobby and could not find a log off button but then upon checking out after the staff member commented " are you ready to go" we then were told we "consumed" one hour of internet on the first night we checked in. After explaining like most people we have mobile phones we were told " a third party does it and it's only a hour" we again re-iterated we didn't use it "but we will contact the third party".
So overall we can't fault the location but we felt there really wasn't any "vibe" to our visit.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Jillien_Quinan, General Manager at Vibe Hotel North Sydney, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Dear EnuffTravelled

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback following your recent stay. I was somewhat surprised to read some of your comments and sincerely apologise for any inconvenience caused. This is certainly not indicative of the regular feedback that we recieve.

Your comments regarding bugs are alarming. I can assure you that any report we have, we immediately investigate and follow a strict code of conduct to ensure we comply with Australian standards. That being said we are very fortunate not to have had any problems of this nature. I was surprised to read you were not offered a room move to ensure your comfort during your stay and will certainly follow this through with my Team.

With reference to internet our Hotel provides 30 minutes free internet access on your own device each day in our Lobby area. There is also a kiosk available in reception that is $2 for 20 minutes. Other options are available for longer periods in guest rooms.

If you would like to contact me at the Hotel or via email jquinan@toga.com.au I would be more than happy to look into the internet usage on your account.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and we hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again to Vibe Hotel North Sydney in the future.

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've stayed at the Vibe many times for work, it is the closest hotel and it's within walking distance so it's purely based on convenience. The rooms are always clean and I'm generally lucky enough to get a room with a view over Lavender Bay. I don't eat breakfast or dinner here, preferring the many atlerntatives across the other side of the station in Kirribilli. The last time I stayed, I lined up for 25 mins to check out. Whilst the reception staff were apologetic, it really wasn't a positive way to end my 4 night stay. Perhaps they could have offered express check out if they knew they were going to be busy, or put more staff on. Surely they would be able to see by their bookings that it was going to be a busy morning. I'll stay here again, but only because work pays for it. I think it's overpriced and I wouldn't stay here if it was coming out of my own pocket.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Lavender Bay
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear CassandPaul

Thank you for providing us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. I am pleased to hear that you enjoy the location and our wonderful surroudings and that it is close to your work.

I sincerely apologise for the delay in checking out. This is certainly not a common occurence and we certainly do plan rosters around the number of guests arriving and departing each day. I can only imagine that other Team Members were perhaps called away to assist other guests and that this caused this delay.

I sincerely hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again to Vibe Hotel North Sydney and that your check out is more expedient on that occasion.

Thanks and kind regards

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at the Vibe on business, and it was hard work. i got in early on a Thursday from Hong Kong and despite booking for Wed night, the room wasnt ready. I had to spend two hours by the harbour at Milson's Point (which is a tare pleasure just not one i prefer after an overnight flight).

The room itself was basic, and so were the other amenities. Which is fair, for a mid-range hotel i think. They had to struggle to find a travel adaptor and were scrabbling when I asked for an ironing board. I'm not sure if they pitch themselves to be a business hotel - probably not. I wouldn't bank on it.

• Stayed May 2012
Dear Narayanisms

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. Your comments have alarmed me somewhat and I would like to discusss matters further with you.

If you pre-registered and paid for the room on the Wednesday night then there should be no reason that the room was not ready upon your arrival on Thursday morning. If this was not the case, please contact me at the Hotel or via email jquinan@toga.com.au to discuss.

I look forward to discussing your feedback in more detail.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We booked a room at the Vibe through their website at short notice. We knew it was a good deal, however the room we were given was on the side of the hotel, about 20 feet from the building next door. As we were only there for 1 night we didn't complain, but there was almost no natural light as the building next door was so close.
The room was well appointed and clean, and the bathroom was clean and fresh.
The staff were very pleasant, but appeared to be a bit more focused on their own activities. Having said that when approached they were very helpful.
this hotel is in an excellent location - right near the train station and a short walk up to North Sydney

Room Tip: Make sure you don't get a room on the side - very dark
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear frothygirl

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback following your recent stay at Vibe Hotel North Sydney.

We are very fortunate to be located in a wonderful neighbourhood, close to public transport and great road access, not to mention the amazing Sydney Harbour just a short stroll away from us.

Our building is rectangular in shape and has rooms on all sides of the buildings. For a small upgrade fee, guests can opt for rooms that overlook Lavendar Bay or Kirribilli.

We do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back again to our Hotel in the near future.

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days. The hotel has very basic amenities. The common areas (corridors, lobby etc.) are in dire need or a facelift. The room, however, was both clean and comfortable.
This hotel caters mainly to business visitors, but still charges inordinately for internet services

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear wradhika

Thank your for posting your recent comments following your stay at Vibe Hotel North Sydney.

I was disappointed to read that you were not pleased with our public areas and guest corridors, this is not something we have recieved feedback about before, however I take on board your comments.

We do have different internet options available for our guests. We offer 30 minutes free internet each day in our Hotel lobby using your own device. Computers are also located in the lobby which is priced at $2 for 20 minutes. There are also a range of options available for internet use within your room.

Again, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and should you be returning to Sydney in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Jillien

Been to Vibe Hotel North Sydney? Share your experiences!