“A pleasant meal” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Grove Restaurant

The Grove Restaurant
Corner O'Riordan & Robey Streets | Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport, Mascot, Botany Bay, New South Wales 2020, Australia
+61 2 9317 2200
Dining options: Reservations
Mackay
“A pleasant meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

A seafood buffet was on the night of our stay. Although the seafood was limited is was a delicious. They also offered a selection of roast meats. Not a large selection of vegetables or salad which as a shame. The dessert bar had a very large selection but sadly for me their was only one gluten free dessert. My biggest complaint would be on being asked by the waiter would I like water I was then given a bottle of water not a glass and charged $14. Note to self next time specify that tap water is quite acceptable!

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Brisbane
“Stamford Plaze Restaurant - Sydney Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

OK if you don't want to leave the hotel and good value if combined with an hotel special offer credit.

Visited July 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Great Christmas in July Lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I went with a group of our Social Club members to the Stamford Hotel Sydney Airport for lunch. We have celebrated Christmas in July at The Grove Restaurant for many years. This year was no exception - Seafood buffet was exceptionally great - the quality of the seafood was excellent - and the variety was plentiful. The staff were very attentive and professional. Initially I had dealings with Maciej Rabenda (Grove Restaurant Assistant Manager); he responded promptly to every enquiry I had and made sure that all Restaurant staff were aware of our requirements.
Thank you all for making it a memorable experience. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Nadia W

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Perth, Australia
“Urgh.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

It was inedible. I had the chicken and potato curry puffs (ate 1 of 6 and then sent it back) and then roast chicken breast (not just the breast, managed a few mouthfuls), mashed potato (tasted like instant made in a dirty sock - worse than what I had on the plane) and ‘steamed’ vegetables (which were really greasy and gross). I didn’t even bother with breakfast because I didn’t trust them with a packet of cereal. I was so hungry after my nominal dinner I went to the convenience store next door and the only thing in walking distance not the airport. What a ripoff, $6 a piece for a magnum, cornetto and a bag of cheezles and was desperate enough to pay.

Visited May 2013
The Grove R, Owner at The Grove Restaurant, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear spiceg01,

It is most concerning to read your review of your disappointment with your recent stay. We take comments like these extremely serious at the hotel, and as such I have followed up on the issues you raised with our Director of Food & Beverage to address accordingly.

Since yuour last stay, further training by the relevant staff members hav been done; as well as an improvment in our food offering.

Rest assured this is certainly not indicative of the high levels of service to which we aspire, and I apologise for the lapse in our standards on this occasion.

We are committed to providing the highest level of service and delivery, and your feedback is truly valuable to allow us to review our quality of service and product.

Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I do hope you afford us the opportunity of creating a better impression by welcoming you back in the near future.

Guy Challis
Sydney, Australia
“Unassuming and Elegant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The Grove Restaurant in the Stamford Sydney Airport hotel compliments the overall Stamford experience. The breakfast buffet is exceptional and the evening meals are also very good - making it perfect for travellers in and out of Sydney as you never have to leave the hotel.

For me, I like these type of airport hotels to be empathetic with weary travelers - you want everything to be perfect, without fuss, from polite and attentive staff. Good food in a quite atmosphere so you can eat then stroll off to bed ready to continue journey in the morning - after a hearty breakfast that is.

The Stamford Hotel provides this and the Grove Restaurant fits the bill nicely. Unassuming and elegant. AW (Tony) Scott

• Visited June 2012