“Hard to Fault” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel

You added Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Arrival Court, Mascot, Botany Bay, New South Wales 2020, Australia   |
Special Rate
AUD229 (AUD)
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Mascot
Burleigh Heads, Australia
“Hard to Fault”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

It's so nice to finally have a hotel right at the International Terminal that offers a great product.

It was extremely hard to fault this hotel, infact my only gripe with it is the showers and their lack of temperature consistency; it seemed as if you were either being scolded or frozen, and it annoys me to no ends that this brand new hotel couldn't get something like this right.

Aside from that my stay was great, friendly staff, clean rooms and would highly recommend to anyone doing an overnight stay prior to flying out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
I really appreciate you taking the time to give us some feedback. I have noted down your comments in regards to the shower temperature and have asked our engineering department to look into this.

It is very pleasing to see that you enjoyed your overall stay with us.

I hope we can welcome you back to Rydges Sydney Airport again soon.

Tish

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Indonesian first
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Our family of 4 adults stayed in a 2 bed room for the night prior to our son moving to Canada. The location is great - opposite the bus drop-off and within the airport carpark. Our room was more than adequate with enough of everything for 4 people, space for our son's large amount of luggage & the bonus of a rain shower! We were able to have a delicious dinner & coctails in the sportsbar, easily walk to check bags & come back for breakfast. The rest of us could then watch his plane take off before checkout. Car parking is 50% off but still very expensive but this would be my only complaint. I have already recommended this hotel to my family & friends & we will definitely be staying here again! Our view of Sydney city at sunrise was wonderful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
It is wonderful to see that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Queen Queen Rooms (Two Queen Beds) which are perfect for families such as yours.

I’m extremely appreciative for the great recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Rydges Sydney Airport.

General Manger
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Seemed to be an answer to a prayer, for someone who lives 3 hrs from Sydney. We always have to leave in the early hours, to get in to the airport on time for check in. Especially for an early international flight.
Stayed one night, room was good & clean.
Staff were friendly, restaurant was great . Bathroom was weird to say the least, no door on the bathroom, no glass door on the shower, so water goes everywhere & only a frosted glass door on the toilet.
If you did not know your travelling companion intimately, before you stay at this hotel.
You definitely would after your visit.
BUT, my biggest whinge, is the parking. There is no parking available for guests, I was told to drive around the block and park in the terminal car park. Where, you would think that there would be a parking area set aside for hotel guests. THERE ISN"T !
When I finally found a space, it was on the 2nd floor of the multi storey car park.
Then, the only way back to the hotel, was to go into the departures, then walk along to the other end of that floor, go down to arrivals, then cross the road to the hotel.
By that stage , I was thoroughly frozen and wet, being a cold, windy rainy night.
LOST ME.
I will go back to staying at the STAMFORD or The MERCURE. Not quite as cheap, but I wont be feeling like Scott of the Antarctic, when I finally get to check in.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thanks for your feedback and comments.

I am pleased to advise that we are currently installing doors on to the showers in our Queen Queen rooms (The most popular share room we have in the hotel!) Further to this we have installed shower curtains into our twin single rooms (2 King Single Beds) to rectify the privacy issue you identified.

We completely sympathise with you on the car parking issue and are working as closely as we can with Sydney Airport to try an rectify the directional signage and access points for the car parking issue, unfortunately we were not in a position to obtain dedicated parking for the property as it was being developed.

My team are setting up directional videos as there are some really quick and easy ways to get in and out of the property. For the car park simply go to ground and turn left, the hotel is about 20-30 meters down the footpath and there is directional signage along the way, I am really sorry that you had a hard time and hope we can help you find your way next time.

Kind Regards,

Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stayed 1 night for an international flight after the domestic leg. Friendly staff, efficient check in & out. Room & bed very comfortable although I prefer a door on my bathroom. Our room had a small courtyard area off it. Catching the train between terminals was a good move - very quick. Got a good rate as a Priority Rewards member.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Tish N, General Manager at Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
It’s wonderful to see another person enjoying the great benefits of being a Priority Guest Rewards member.

Thank you for the feedback – I look forward to sharing it with the team.

Hobart, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed last night in a room with a view of the airport. It was lovely and clean, good size and perfect really for an overnight stay before catching our international flight today. We were going to go into the city for a meal, but decided to eat in the hotels restaurant. Nice meal and great service. Breakfast was included in our rate and that was good too. Hardly heard the planes, we were wondering if it would wake us in the morning, but it didn't. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
I have to agree that Rydges Sydney Airport is in the perfect location for stays like yours. I’m extremely pleased to hear that the double glazed windows are doing their job and keeping the noise out.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Rydges Sydney Airport.

Wagga Wagga, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night prior to a flight to London. Right across the road from the terminal, and if it was raining you would barely get wet - it's that close. Fantastic young staff who were very helpful and friendly to customers. Definitely on my list of the only place to stay before or after an international flight.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, I look forward to sharing it with the team.

NSW
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Paid $146.00 on line using Rydges Priority Guest card. After arriving late at night into Sydney International Airport, it was WONDERFUL to walk out of the terminal, across the pedestrian crossing and into the Hotel! Doesn't get much easier.
The room was spotless, comfortable bed, tv. I did not hear one single plane the whole time I was there and I was listening for them!
I was alone so the lovely open plan bathroom was not an issue. A shower curtain would have been good but I didn't have to mop up the water! The toilet arrangement sure is unusual. How do you get that so wrong? Make sure you are sharing the room with a good friend and it won't be a problem!
The mini bar was well stocked with drinks and nibbles.
FREE SHUTTLE: departs every half hour from outside the hotel. Commences about 5.30am. It is a 10 minute ride in NON peak traffic. Easy!
GYM: open 24/7 I believe. Located on Level 1, not marked! Look for glass doors!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
It is great to see that you’re a member of our Priority Guest Rewards Program – it really is well worth it and has some amazing benefits.

I’m very pleased to see another comment on the fantastic sounds proofing of the rooms, it’s great to see the double glazed windows are working.

Hope to welcome you back again soon.

Tish

Been to Rydges Sydney Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!