“wouldn't stay again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Ibis Sydney Airport

You added Hotel Ibis Sydney Airport to your Saves list
Hotel Ibis Sydney Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   205 O'Riordan Street, Mascot, Botany Bay, New South Wales 2020, Australia   |
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Mascot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Check-in was fine - pleasant and helpful staff, who asked about requirements for shuttle or taxi.
Room was very ordinary but adequate. Bathroom smelled of stagnent water so I left the door open. Aircon could not be turned lower than 20 so the room was stuffy - staff were only able to provide me with a fan to assist.
I stayed five nights: on my return from work one evening, my room had not been serviced. I was told it would take only 20 minutes and I had to wait in the bar area - and had been assured by the gentleman on reception that he would let me know when it was ready... 45 minutes later, I went back to reception to find the room had been serviced. Poor experience, although the lady who was then on reception was very pleasant and aplogetic.
Food at the restaurant was good, as was the service overall. One evening, I waited for over 30 minutes for my meal, and asked for an update. I was assured it was coming soon. I went to leave after 45 minutes just as my meal was being delivered. The wait staff member aranged to have my meal covered so I could take it to my room, and also cancelled the charge for the glass of wine I had while I was waiting.
Some good, some great, some not so great...
The doona in my room - while nicely covered with crisp sheets - was revealed to have a number of very unpleasant-looking stains...
The pillow menu was great and my selection was provided to me very quickly - good service on that.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Gold Coast
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

The Ibis Hotel at Sydney Airport is very clean quiet and comfortable. Its close proximity to the Domestic terminal makes it handy for travelers. Reception were friendly and helpful.
Rooms were comfortable and bed was ideal. I would stay again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Gosford, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I took a one night cheap deal without a refundable cancellation option because I needed somewhere close to the international airport so I could be early for check in on an early flight to New York. The hotel suited my purpose of close proximity to everything and the staff were friendly and helpful. I had the disabled room which had two double beds in it. I am a solo traveller and am not disabled and didn't request the room. I could've lived without the two double beds, but I guess that's why I got the cheap deal, so I'm not complaining. The bed was comfortable, the room was clean, and my only complaint is that the shower could have been hotter. Overall, cheap and cheerful.

Room Tip: At least the disabled room is on the ground floor, so perfect for people in wheelchairs or late nigh...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Port Macquarie, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We enjoyed coming home to a familiar Hotel at which we had stayed on numerous times over the years. We like the rooms the en-suite facilities, the dining facilities including the meals. The choice of continental or full breakfast is appreciated and the discounted meals for Advantage Plus Card Holders is a wonderful bonus. There is a quiet atmosphere in the rooms when bedtime arrives. The Staff are friendly and always seek to meet our requests which are few because most of our needs are met by their preparations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Ibis Mascot is conveniently located near Sydney airport for travellers who need to overnight etc. My stay was for business and not the same as other Ibis hotels I have stayed at. Ibis is renowned for being a budget hotel. There is nothing budget about this hotel and probably due to location and convenience to the airport. Overpriced for what is on offer in my opinion.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Ibis Sydney Airport? Share your experiences!