“Fantastic Airport Hotel with amazing view” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport

You added Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport to your Saves list
Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Corner O'Riordan & Robey Streets, Mascot, Botany Bay, New South Wales 2020, Australia   |
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Mascot
Germany
“Fantastic Airport Hotel with amazing view”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2011

We had a big, comfortable and modern room at the Stamford Plaza with an absolut brilliant view on the runway of Sydney Airport. We very much enjoyed our one night stay at this hotel. Unfortunately we had to pay for the pick up to the terminal next day. We expected to get this complimentary at an airport hotel of this high class!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
  • Korean first
Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

after much debate on whether to stay near the airport or in the city prior to flying o/s, we decided that a nice room in the stamford would have been the same price as a standard room at a nice hotel like the hilton or sofitel in the city, minus the worry of transfers.

We had seen lots of bad reviews about sydney airport hotels but decided to take the chance anyway.

We took the free transfer from the domestic terminal to the hotel. The lobby is very nice.
We were taken to our room. The raffles suite, it was very nice. There were rose petals accross the floor, bath drawn, tealight candles, a bottle of Moet, a card that said happy honeymoon, a personalised bottle of wine, canapes and chocolate dipped strawberries WOW. It was lovely. We could see the time and temperature out the window as well as planes taking off. Double glazed windows meant no disturbance.

Bed was comfy and we had room service dinner. I had steak and veg and it was amazing (even though basic), my husband had pasta and enjoyed it too.

Room service breakfast was included. It was ok. Nothing fabulous but it came right on time as we had an early flight.

We checked out and got the bus to the international terminal. THey even did some photocopying for us free of charge :)

We were happy to stay and are glad we got a special online deal. I would stay here for a little overnighter splurge. sure there is no flat screen in the wall of the shower or in the lounge room, but that didn't worry us, the room was spacious and furnished with old style pieces which was nice for a change from the sterile harsh modern lines of other newer hotels.

I hope that information helps :)

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2010

Prior to a massive flight schedule the next day --- 24+ flight hours -- we enjoyed a great overnight at the Stamford -- upgraded to a small suite --- thank you Stamford --- the room was clean, comfortable and quiet --- appreciated -- the buffet dinner was somewhat unsatisfactory due to a party of 50-60 that took up a lot of tables and emptied the buffet but the breakfast the next morning was better

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

Once again the hotel exceeds my expectation.The staff are really friendly and curteous,nothing is too much even though the lobby can sometimes look like a train station with people everywhere.This hotel is best for a one night stay before flying out which i was doing.A very good nights rest.Try the AV8 bar..good choice of of burger and beer and above all the friendly staff..The rooms are clean and very quiet and quiet spacious.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2010

I stay at the Stamford Sydney Airport, after a stop over from China to Sydney then the following day Sydney to Melbourne. I had personal luggage and so I walked upto the hotel only 6 minutes walk from the domestic Airport. Definately the easiest place to stop over, if I have to stop over again with my family a perfect spot , only 6 minutes walk with the pram.
I noticed there is a transport service from airport, I saw lots of airport shuttles coming and going, so transport if required, looks easy.
Dinner in their bar/ pub was also good they served meals until 10pm which was very helpful, as I arrived late
Room was good, fantastic bed, pillows were very good, just normal size, none of the silly exta big pillow that look great but a useless to sleep on.
Rooms was very quiet, suprising because of its location to the airport, room and bathroom was very clean
Breakfast was good, service was fast but not intrusive, food was tasty and a good selection.
I used the express checkout service and bill was accuately and sent to me the following day.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Sydney
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

Where to start? Stayed at the Stamford yesterday for nothing more but a quick getaway from the stressful week i had previous ,to arriving at the hotel needless to stay i left more stressed than i had been to begin with! Upon arrival there was no one available to help us get our luggage out of the car let alone take the car down to the valet parking that was included in our package we waited 10mins untill someone showed up yo help us out,the man then took my bag and left it literally in the middle of the lobby??? i kept my eye on it as i was speaking to someone at reception. I had made our reservation about 2 hours prior to arriving at the hotel and it was made via the phone! We had told the hotel that we wanted to pay for the room using cash not a credit card they said there would a $100 bond,which was fine but upon arrival we were also asked to hand over our credit card details to put a hold on some money even after we had given the the $100 bond??? i spent 15mins telling the man at the desk that i would refuse to hand over my credit card eventually he said that it was fine and i could just pay by cash! Before alll of this had happened they claimed that there was no reservation at all under our name????!!!! Finally made it up to the room,verything in the room was great other than having to pay $16.95 to watch one movie,which i thought was over priced (not even Formule1 charges that much!) I called for some more towels to be bought up to the room waited 20mins! Made a phone call to reception to have a wake up call and have a newspaper delivered to the room and if we could possibly have a late check out apparently everything was looked after,went out for dinner came back again no one was there to take our car we had to wait again......when someone did show up they said that the valet parking was for only one use and that we would have to pay $20 each time the car was bought up to us! I had had enough by this point so finally i asked for the District Manager he came out and said that i would have to pay for the valet parking and that it wasnt included in the package i said to him that i would go up to my room and bring my laptop down to show him what the package included, he agreed i bought the laptop down and began to look for the package but what do you know??? the package is no longer there! I said to him that the package wasnt there and that i will refuse to pay for the parking because even the man at check in said there would be valet parking included! He said that he would let it happen this time,i told him that i wouldnt be staying there again he really didnt seem to care which once again didnt surprise me!!!! Breakfast was awful even though it was a buffet breakfast! In conclusion i have never wanted to leave a hotel so soon, im not planning to go back there again i would rather stay at a formule 1 then go to this place and get treated the way we did these people have no idea at all about customer service,let alone general manners! One finally word to describe this hotel? Disgraceful!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Newcastle
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2010

I arrived in a taxi at 9.15 pm with my 92 year old mother after a long flight. We were stopping overnight before continuing home. There was no-one to assist with our heavy luggage. Several young men having coffee near the hotel entrance witnessed my struggles and came to our assistance. The concierge team was non-existent. This was the worst welcome I have ever experienced.

At the reception desk, the staff member said they had no record of my reservation, which had been made several months prior, and reconfirmed by me before I left for Europe.

The breakfast was inedible. The charge for internet was totally unacceptable.

The only positive comment concerns sound proofing, which was excellent. And, of course, the close proximity to the airport.

Never again!!

• Stayed September 2010

Been to Stamford Plaza Sydney Airport? Share your experiences!