“Convenient for everything!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Mascot
AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments
You added AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
1285 Botany Road | Corner of Botany Road & Wentworth Avenue, Mascot, Botany Bay, New South Wales 2020, Australia   |
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Convenient for everything!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I booked AeA for my parents who were coming to Sydney for a 2 month holiday. Their one bedroom apartment contained brand new furniture and carpets and was freshly painted and clean, everything they needed was there or available if requested. Any requests were dealt with promptly e.g. the fridge was faulty so a replacement was arranged without inconveniencing my parents. Mum and dad walked to Mascot station most days to catch a train into the city and occasionally took buses into town if it wasn't suitable walking weather. All sorts of shops and amenities are right around the corner on Botany Road and Westfield Eastgardens is a short bus journey away. My parents have booked to come back to Sydney later this year and booked the AeA Mascot for their stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

AEAManagement, Guest Relations Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Please let me thank you for leaving us this review, as our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read the feedback provided by past guests before making their own bookings. As a company, our focus is on customer service so we are so glad to hear your parents enjoyed their stay with us!

Thank you for pointing out the new furniture, fresh carpets, new paint and cleanliness of our one bedroom apartment. We have undergone some renovations and we are so glad to hear that your parents were happy with them. Thank you for also pointing out that our friendly staff are quick to resolve any issues. We do try our best to ensure our guests feel right at home. You are quite right, we are conveniently located to all sorts of public transport, shops and amenities, with bus stops at your doorstep and train stations a short walk away.

We are so glad to hear that your parents have chosen AeA Sydney Airport for their next stay and we look very forward to welcoming them back!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

My family and I been staying at AEA Mascott for a few times in a last 3 years. Never failed. It always our 1st choice when we go to Sydney. Feels like our 2nd home. The staffs are always nice. the unit clean, the space quite big and the verandah just a plus point and everything just sweet. I just think we need to get a discount next time we come as a loyal customer hehe :)

Room Tip: all same to us, GOOD
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Alexandra D, Public Relations Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Firstly, let me thank you for leaving us this review. As a brand, customer service is paramount, so your feedback is vital. Further, our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read the feedback provided by previous guests before booking their own accommodation.

We are so glad to hear we are your first choice when travelling to Sydney! Thank you for pointing out how clean and large our apartments are. We work together with our Housekeeping Staff to ensure our apartments are kept to a very high standard. We do also pride ourselves on supplying larger than normal apartment sizes, providing our guests with a true home away from home, so thank you for pointing this out.

Please feel free to contact us prior to your next booking and our friendly staff will ensure you are looked after! Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the very near future!
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

My daughter and I stayed in a 1bdrm grand deluxe apartment for 5 nights and it was great. I really wasnt expecting much but was pleasantly surprised. The apartments have been refurbished and the 1 bedroom apartment we had was massive. The location was great, but not sure how you would go without a car. it was quite surprising how quiet it was considering it was on a main road and close to the airport. Another plus was the cheap parking on sight compared to other places I have stayed in previously. The staff were friendly and helpful and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Alexandra D, Public Relations Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Hi there stella f! I’d like to thank you for leaving us this review, as often our guests tell us how helpful it is for them to read the feedback of past guests before booking accommodation. We also like to hear what you loved about the apartment and areas we might improve, as customer service is paramount here at AeA.

We are so glad that you enjoyed our newly renovated and refurbished 1 Bedroom Grand Deluxe. You are quite right, our rooms are uniquely spacious and our Grand Deluxe is even that extra bit bigger than our other one bedroom apartments.

We do have a great location, just a couple of minutes from Sydney Domestic and International Airports. We find for guests who do not have a car that it is easiest to jump in a taxi as it is the cheapest and quickest method of getting to us.

However, you are quite right, we do offer parking at AeA Sydney Airport at much cheaper rates than anywhere else in nearby areas and other airport car parks! I am also glad to hear you found our staff friendly and helpful as it is our goal to make sure our guests feel right at home.

Thanks again for your feedback and we hope to welcome you back on your next stay in Sydney!
Canberra
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I've titled my review "thank you" because of the terrific service my husband and I received during our 10 day stay.
We booked in because it is convenient to St George Hospital at Kogarah - 10 mins drive - and it was at a very reasonable rate.
For 3 nights -$139 night - we stayed in an upgraded gorgeous 1 bedroom apartment. Wow! Think glass, chrome, grey linen soft furnishings, silk cushions, Alessi style fruit bowl etc. large well equipped kitchen ( new frypan is needed) and a supremely comfortable bed . Huge TV in living room and bedroom. I was expecting some aircraft noise, but it was very quiet.
Due to my husband unexpectedly being admitted to hospital we needed to extend our stay on a day to day basis. The staff were fantastic. Owner even gave me his parking spot.
I then moved to another apartment which luckily became available. $109 per night. This one a little noisy, as it was right on a busy corner, but fascinating watching the passing parade.
Moved back to the original apartment for 3 nights at a discounted rate of $109 per night. Then needed to vacate that and move to another 1 bedroom apartment. This one had a huge terrace looking out on to trees and was very quiet. Was great having laundry facilities in each apartment. The lovely cleaner was very helpful. Making allowances for me to store my stuff when moving.
Buses to the city etc pass by the door and the apartments are 5 minute walk to Mascot shopping centre. LOTS of takeaway food places for every taste, but I enjoyed using the apartment kitchens.
If arriving by car, one needs to access the secure garage via rear lane way.
We will be very happy to stay there again when we return in May. Need to book early as the rates are really excellent for the area.

Room Tip: Apartments overlooking lane seem to be quieter.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Alexandra D, Public Relations & Marketing at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thank you very much for leaving us this review. As a serviced apartment provider, customer service is paramount so your feedback is very important to us. Often guests tell us how helpful it is to read past guests’ comments before booking their own visit and we are always eager to hear how you liked the apartment and where we might improve.

Thank you for letting us know you and your husband received terrific service. It is so important to us to make our guests feel welcome and at home so we are pleased to hear this. We are also glad to hear you enjoyed our newly renovated deluxe apartment! Thank you for pointing out that we do have quiet apartments and that aircraft noise isn’t a problem. We do take every measure we can to reduce unwanted noise so that our guests can have a truly relaxing stay.

You are quite right, all of our apartments do feature fully equipped laundries and kitchens so we are glad you were able to utilise these. There are many different places to eat around Mascot and we are also glad to hear that you found access to public transport simple.

We are so pleased that you so thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you will be returning in May. We look forward to welcoming you back!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and had a great time. My two daughters (6,9 yrs) had a ball. Very spacious and quiet. As we went out for most of the time,when we got back to relax it was nice and quite. The staff were lovely. We will definitely stay there again on our next trip to Sydney! ;-D

• Stayed March 2013
Alexandra D, Public Relations & Marketing Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Hi there Toshnco! Firstly, we’d like to thank you for leaving us this feedback as our guests often tell us how helpful it is to read past guests’ reviews before booking their own visits.

We are so glad to hear that you and your daughters enjoyed your stay at AeA Sydney Airport. Thank you for pointing out how spacious our apartments are. We do attempt to provide our guests with a home away from home where they can relax and unwind.

Thank you for also pointing out how quiet the building is and how lovely our staff are! It is always great to hear how pleased guests were with their stay so thank you for leaving us this feedback.

We are glad to hear you will stay with us again on your next trip to Sydney and are excited to welcome you back in the very near future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

The apartment I stayed in was spacious and light (apart from the tiny, dark bathroom) but the tone of the place and its communication is aggressive and punitive; lots of chores and instructions, and penalties if you don't comply! I thought I was back in a 1980s youth hostel.

Maintenance of the apartment was also a bit poor. The bedroom light was blown and the television remote didn't work. There was a dripping pipe in the laundry tub (just outside the bedroom) and it dripped steadily all night!

Tea bags and coffee sachets were provided but no milk; frustrating when you arrive late. There was no information in the apartment, not even a map, so no advice where to find any shops or services,

I also had difficulties accessing my entry card after hours but couldn't get a call back from the after hours service line. Thankfully I was able to sort it myself.

It's not the best location but it's convenient to the airport. With a bit of thought and a more welcoming attitude and it could be an awful lot better

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Alexandra D, Public Relations and Marketing Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, February 3, 2013
Hi Lisa M, firstly we’d like to thank you for taking the time and leaving this feedback, as at AeA Sydney Airport, our focus is on customer service and our guests. Your comments are very important to us and I can assure you they will all be taken into consideration.

I apologise that you felt the communication and signage at AeA Sydney Airport was aggressive. We are always striving to make our guests feel comfortable and at home when staying in our apartments so we apologise that you felt this way. Many of our guests find the signs to be of significant assistance to them, as we are a serviced apartment provider our reception is not 24 hours so we have found that the signs help guests especially outside of office hours, as much as possible.

I would also like to apologise that you found the maintenance of your particular apartment to be poor. However, we have just announced the completion of the renovations of some of our apartments. This is a very exciting time for us and we hope that you will return and enjoy our renovated apartments.

I have personally spoken to management regarding providing milk in our apartments, and thanks to your feedback, it looks like this will be a service we may be providing for our guests in the very near future. I would also like to apologise you believe you didn’t receive a call back from the after-hours service. I can assure you, if our after-hours phone number is called (this differs from our office number), our pager service ensures the call is responded to and if it isn’t it is put straight through to our General Manager. I can assure you we will be investigating this matter further.

Lisa M, I apologise you weren’t entirely happy with your stay but encourage you to come and stay in one of our newly renovated apartments soon. Please feel free to contact me directly and I will ensure your next stay is a better one!
Wellington, New Zealand
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

We stayed at these apartments earlier in the year and that is why we returned. The one we stayed at earlier in the year was well equipped and on the sunny side. The location of the apartments is central and they are reasonable spacious. However the apartment we stayed in this time was not good, the place smelt of smoke, carpet very stained needed to be thrown away, dinning-chairs due for the tip...again very stained and old. The oven needed a good clean and there definitely needed to be more kitchen basics such as wine glasses and at least one microwave dish. A little disappointing. Not sure why such a diversity in standards between the apartments. We recommend spending a little money of doing all the rented apartments up. Entrance foyer lovely .... there needs a follow-through to the apartments. A coat a paint, some new furniture and a few more kitchen essentials would make the world of difference. We noticed that 15 of the apartments were for sale..... we presume the rented ones. I hope the new owners spend the money on them because they definitely have enormous potential.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
HollyGolightlySydney, Public Relations and Marketing Manager at AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Firstly, I would like to thank you for choosing AeA Sydney Airport again, upon your return to Sydney. In addition, thank you for pointing out that your previous apartment was sunny, well equipped and that our AeA Sydney Airport building is central and spacious. We are known for being spacious and we do enjoy a central location right near Sydney Airport!

As a brand, our focus is on customer service so I would like to thank you for providing us with this feedback and apologise that on this particular occasion, you weren’t as pleased with your apartment.

You are quite right in stating that there were 15 apartments for sale. The good news is that they have recently been sold and they are about to undergo renovations, which will definitely improve these apartments immensely.

Please feel free to contact us directly should you wish to discuss this matter further. We hope to welcome you back again in the near future and thank you again for your feedback.

Been to AeA Sydney Airport Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!