“Great food in a great spot by the sea” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #11 of 217 Restaurants in Manly
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Local cuisine, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located opposite the ferry terminal in Manly, our focus is on serving the freshest fish available at a reasonable price for the ultimate seafood dining experience. We have daily blackboard specials as well as a great seasonal menu.
Roma, Italia
“Great food in a great spot by the sea”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Absolutely perfect spot for having a delicious lunch and a great view. The service was perfect, waiters were always present when needed and always discrete when no needed. Dishes came with perfect timing. I think you cannot ask more from a restaurant.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Shanghai
“Yummy and lively”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Table of 4 adults with an infant on booster on a Saturday night? Garfish accomodated. They don't take reservations on the weekeneds after 6, but you can call ahead. Highly recommended as this place will be packed.

All the fish dishes were very good. The Oyster sampler (raw, shooter, fritter) were a real treat. Great atmosphere if you like a lively crowd enjoying a good meal. Manly cove is just across the street, for a very nice view as well.

Visited February 2013
Ballina, Australia
“A little disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Being a former local, perhaps my review is less influenced by the location and view. Food was competently cooked and presented though the size of my main of mahi mahi was pretty miserable. Service was professional. Whilst not particularly busy, the environment was quite noisy and, with a large fan belting away nearby, discouraged lingering and conversation. Average value for money. Not rushing back.

Visited January 2013
Denver, CO, USA
“Great seafood, service view of Manly Cove”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Agree with all - seafood is excellent! Portions are not big and sides extra- so- if you order starter, main and wine/drink will cost! We split garlic bread to start, brought own wine but did order a glass of red which was very costly- we felt overpriced. I had the salmon from Tasmania with mushroom couscous and horseradish sauce - all wonderful! My husband had the Monkfish which was also well prepared and delicious!
Our server, Vanessa, from Chile was efficient and very pleasant.
We were fortunate to get a table by the road and enjoyed watching the sunset over the water.
We went on a Monday night and early so was not so crowded or noisy though much more so when we left. Recommend for seafood but if on a budget, bring own wine and pay the corkage!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Seoul, South Korea
“It was a nice place to enjoy nice seafood.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

I visited this restaurant incidentally. I visited Manly for just riding a ferry by using one day pass ticket. I imagined a nice beach and nice scenaries, however, it was too late to enjoy it. T.T My family just wanted to eat dinner and we were just looking for a restaurant in which we could eat dinner. My daughter wanted to eat a nice Lobster and we wandered many places. Finally I found this restaurant in the end of side walk. I felt like I found an Oasis!!!

I couldn't find any information of this restaurant on the Google map. However, I could see a tripadvisor sticker in a door of this restaurant.

The dishes were so nice and the waiters were so kind. We could order the dishes we wanted by his favor. We enjoyed half sized Lobster, Fried Prawn and nice blue crab curry.

They were all nice!!!

Despite of expensiveness, it was a nice restaurant to visit.

• Visited August 2012