“Identity Crisis?” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #161 of 206 Restaurants in Manly
Cuisines: Australian
“Identity Crisis?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Food was fair, good selection, reasonably priced if a little fancy.
Excellent range of craft beer.
Service was poor compared to previous visits. Nice balcony overlooking the beach. I'm just not sure what the venue is trying to be? which makes me uncomfortable when I'm there.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Manly
“Disapointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Nothing special about the food and really poor service and not helpful staff.
I don't write reviews usually but this time I though I might to advise people about it. I really didn't like the service and didn't get the order right the first time and it was not their fault, eventually I got what I wanted but not cooked as I asked...really avoid at all cost!

• Visited April 2013
Manly, Australia
“What happened to this lovely place!? they should just remember the client is paying for a service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I had dinner there a couple of days ago and was really disappointed ,it took the turn for the worse. I used to go every friday night after work with my mate for a couple of good beers (especially the grand cru one, I still recommend it) some tacos and frites with mayo, the staff was friendly and helpful. But it was before...

Now...no more frites and tacos but that I can deal with it, things change! but first all the staff was so "unwelcoming", haven't seen anyone with a Smile and it even looked liked they were avoiding us. The food took ages to come (and it's not like it was busy...) and the best: they refused to give us salt and pepper. I really don't get the point about it, we are the one paying (and it's rather an expensive place for what it is) and the chef decided he is smarter than us and know what is the perfect combination...just nonsense!

Hopefully the management will change soon or they are going to close...it would be a shame, their beers are really good and the location is one the best in manly, they just make bad use of it!

• Visited April 2013
Manly, Australia
“Nice beers but awfull place and service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place used to be my favorite place in Manly for the good beers and the weekend live music. It has changed so dramatically in the last few months that I don't even go anymore. It has now a very unfriendly atmosphere and a poor service and food is just normal pub food...

Luckily you can buy the good beers online or at the bottle shop...

• Visited March 2013
Sydney, Australia
“grat placwe for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

the food and service was terrific, could not complain.
We shared the chirizo for a starter, my daughter had the salmon salad, I the spatchcock. both were very good and recommend both. Service was first class, will return.

Visited March 2013