“average” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 27 Activities in Manly
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Dive Centre Manly is situated closest to Sydney's best dive sites. Being a multi-award winning PADI 5 Star Instructor training facility, we offer a complete range of dive courses from Discover Scuba to Instructor level and beyond - including Sydney's most talked about Learn to Dive course.Our fun and unique skilled based training programs, have continually produced better divers - when you finish a program with us, you will have gained the confidence and skills necessary to enjoy a lifetime of diving - we guarantee that you won't be able to wait to jump back in the water again. And learning to dive has never been easier - we have Learn to Dive programs starting up to 5 times a week and are taught by some of the most experienced dive staff in Australia including 2 PADI Course Directors, Staff Instructors, Master Scuba Diver Trainers and Divemasters.
Tauranga, New Zealand
8 attraction reviews
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

OK dive operation.... hire gear is at the BEST described as well worn ...that surprised me considering the wealth in Manly ..... the dive at Shelly bay I believe is over sold however to their defence I have only dived 9 times with 4 dives in spectacular Vanuatu... As I was on holiday and relying on other people to drop and pick me up for my dive, felt that they could be more accurate with the times of departure and return, so as I would not inconvenience my ride.

Visited May 2013

Stuttgart, Germany
“great shore dive!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Last week, I did the shore dive at shelly beach! it was marvellous. I have seen many wobbegong shark, sting rays, blue groper, scorpion fish, a school of hulafishes, angle fishes, octopus...
just next to the city-amazing!
The staff is very friendly and professional. the customer service is excellent: They replied to my inquiry via email in less than one day!

I can highly recommend this Dive Center!

Visited March 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“PADI Certification”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I was visiting from the states and needed to get my PADI dive certification before going to the Great Barrier Reef. The employees at Dive Centre Manly were very friendly and very professional. The instructors were knowledgeable and gave the students individual attention to ensure we understood what was being taught. I wasn't overly impressed with their dive tank but we were only in there for a couple hours so no biggie. The prices for the certification and the equipment were reasonable as well. Make sure you bring a lunch as food is not provided.

Bottom line....I highly recommend the place and would without hesitation use their services in the future should I ever visit Sydney again

Visited February 2013
La Paz, Bolivia
“Good, but...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The DIve Centre itself is absolutely nice and clean and easy to find in the centre of Manly - if you stay in Sydney or elsewhere, you'll have to get there first though! The staff was great and friendly, prices were ok. Only thing: I'm not perfectly sure, whether they should offer those shore dives. We went down on a small beach in Manly and basically didn't see a thing. Visibility was very low, there were particles floating all over the place and only here and then could we see a fish. I think, they should not offer this dive. Otherwise, I was quite happy and again, as for the people and the shop and equipment and everything, it was perfect.

Visited January 2013
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Pretty good - even for someone spoiled by the best diving sites in the world (e.g. Sipadan)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Very friendly staff at this dive centre. I enjoyed diving here in Sydney more than the Great Barrier Reef. There was a lot of life at the little shore site that we dived and the guide was very enthusiastic. If you want to dive in Sydney, this place is highly recommended and you get personal service.

I found diving at the Great Barrier Reef with the leading operator in Queensland overly commercial, very rushed and without any personal service at all. If you are going to dive the Great barrier Reef try to do it with a club or small outfit.

Steve H