“DISGUSTING!!! AWFUL!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #14 of 14 Hotels in Manly
Panama City, Panama
“DISGUSTING!!! AWFUL!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

KNOCK-HOUSE!!! This was very “back-packer” style and not a hotel in any way shape or form. The walls where thin and dirty, dingy looking closets, noisy bed-rest, damaged heater, rubbish furniture, a FM/AM tuner that looked more like a radio signal transmitter from a speedboat out of a 1980s TV series, WET ROOM instead of a bathroom and the list goes on. While we were not hoping for luxury by any standards, this was way below our expectations. It is fine for “walk-in” one night stand, but not at all what you would expect if you went through the trouble of making reservations days in advance. Others deserve to know what they are up for if they have no other choice but to stay here. Have NO IDEA where they got the pretty pics from, because that “box” we stayed in didn’t even have a window!!! We are furious because of the total misrepresentation of their offering. It felt like if we were under custody for a night. Thank God it was only one night…

Room Tip: Stay somewhere Else!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2012 via mobile

My fault entirely I didn't read the reviews. Unbelievable that places like this continue in business. It needs to be closed down, demolished and its owners need to get into another business. An insult to Manly. Careful, also on Trip Advisor as Oceanside Apartments. It is 100 meters from the sea though!

• Stayed February 2012
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I booked the 'spa suite' over the internet and unfortunately did not read the reviews on trip advisor. This is by far the worst accommodation I have ever stayed in. The room smelt old and musty. The furniture dates back to around 1950-1960 and there has no attention or renovation since then. I was originally given the room underneath the stair well that had only one window that opened onto the central courtyard, the smokers area. I requested to move and was moved to room #16 which I am not sure was any better. There were stains on the carpet, the toilet leaked and in the morning no hot water came out of the shower head ( though it did a bit later on). The general neglect and seediness of this motel can only leave visitors depressed. This place needs to be bulldozed.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
Adamstown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

the famliy were booked in for 3 night but only stayed for 1 night because when we got there the stove was broken and not turn off. the window hit my boyfreind on the head. so he went to see the manager about it.and told the manager that we will be leaving in the morning and we want owe money back and he said that he was going to get his son on to my boy freind. and he called the police say that my boyfreind started. o not ever book here

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2011

I've stayed at manly seaview motel last weekend and I've loved it. The staff is really nice ans its close to the beach and the corso. The room was a little bit old, but was clean.
for sure ill come back again. =)

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Harrogate, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

The first room we had been allocated was old, shabby and smelly. Cleaning had not been carried out properly after the previous occupants, ie the rubbish bin was still full and the crockery was still dirty.The bathroom was yellow and dingy with windows which were jammed open with paint. The bathroom windows were open to the main street outside! The room had a damp cheesy smell and left a taste in the mouth of squalor. I asked at reception if this really was the room that I had booked since I seemed to remember that the photographs on the website were much better than the room we had been given.. The receptionist (I think he might have been the uncle or parent of the owners) wasn't really forthcoming about this, and since I didn't have access to the internet at that time I couldn't really argue about it. I mentioned the cleanliness and he said he would "look into it". The next day we visited some friends who did have internet access and we were able to confirm that the photos displayed on the website were completely unrepresentative of the room we had been given. I went back to reception and complained, this time, one of the managers was manning reception. She said that they "couldn't put photos of all of their rooms on the website"!!! Anyway, they moved us to a better room, which did actually look similar to the photos on the website although it still had the same sickly smell.. Oh, and finally, the exit to our apartment was completely blocked with parked cars; we had to climb/squeeze through the cars with our luggage to get out. What a dump! Give this "hotel" no stars.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Tamworth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2011 via mobile

What a dive! I am kicking myself for not checking this place out on trip advisor. I let the flight centre sort out the booking on this dump as they sorted out my flights. Too much for me to moan about this place from how dirty outdated to avoid! I am glad I am only here for one night!! By the time I got here it was late so I had a choice, the street to sleep on or this Pitts place.

• Stayed October 2011

Been to Manly Seaview Motel & Apartments? Share your experiences!