“cheap and good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Manly Thai Gourmet

Manly Thai Gourmet
4-10 Sydney Road | Shop 6 Pacific Point Arcade, Manly, New South Wales 2095, Australia
02 9977 0990
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Manly, Australia
“cheap and good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

had heard mixed reviews of this long standing restaurant, was pleasantly surprised, had a pad thai which was as good as I have ever had in Australia!

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Not a comfortable experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The place was situated in a thoroughfare and it was extremely uncomfortable to eat while noisy passerbys opened and closed the doors, letting in cold gusts of wind and cooling down my food (padthai) that was not very appetizing to begin with.
There was nothing particularly special so that made it not worth the discomfort of the restaurant's location.

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
london
“What's happened?”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Look - I know I'm going against the grain, but I can only report on what I found. I felt like a refreshing Som Tam style salad and couldn't think of where to get it. I remembered that I'd enjoyed an authentic tasty Thai meal at this restaurant a year or so ago. I just wanted something cheap and cheerful. Perfect I thought.
Went up to the counter to order. They have a lunchtime menu. There was no salad on it. Just the usual suspects of Thai green chicken curry, etc. I asked if they could cook me a Som Tam. No. OK I'll have Pad Thai. 4 minutes later they dropped a plate of white, oily, tasteless, lacklustre noodles on my table.
There were a few slithers of overcooked beef, a couple and I mean a couple of sad overcooked spring onions, a scattering of tastless peanut shavings and a quarter of a lemon.
It was without a doubt the absolute WORST pad thai I've ever had in my life.
Maybe the lunchtime crew are different from the night time. All I can say is that 2 days later I found Banana Blossom salads. Now THAT is where I should have gone. Absolutely gutted. Do you know this Pad Thai was so bad that after 3 mouthfuls I seriously considered abandoning it. I was too cheap though. Wish I had now.

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Manly, Australia
“Fresh delicious”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

Love this place bookings essential on weekends. Tasty for all ages my whole family from 7- 83 love it. Never had a bad dish!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Vancouver, Canada
“Yum!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Recommended by our B and B hosts we gave this small place a try and boy were we glad. BYO and the cost is very good. $40 for 2. We had the Duck with Mango and the Banana Flower dish. Both were very tasty and different, not a curry type dish. Whether it is bona fide Thai or not I can't say. I just know it was tasty.
Ate there a second time and were just as pleased. Atmosphere is minimal. If you are trying to impress a date with good food, it works. If you want fancy, go elsewhere. They were very busy even on week nights but did a great job handling the demand.
I was pleased that they recognized us the second night.

• Visited January 2014