“hungry jacks is close by and more value...” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Description: See website.
Sydney, Australia
“hungry jacks is close by and more value...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

we paid them $100 for 2 people for something that was no where near of quality. chicken was so thin that you could nearly go the the woolies deli and buy shaved chicken that was thicker.... and the salad was a joke on the side.. haha oh a slice of cucumber and a slice of tomato! serious? my cats could have prepared a better salad!
we sat to our entree and while eating it they bring over our main... i was like... um we just got our entree so our main is a bit early.... then the waiter was say 'oh but i already tried to serve it before'..... um did he walk out to our table the first time then walk back inside then straight back to our table to reserve it? but we were ignored and our main was cold by the end of it.

and while eating our main they pack up all the tables around us and take down the umbrella awning thing we are sitting under while it is spitting rain... go figure on that one. but its ok theres no way of making a formal complaint cause no one there listens and you cant mail or email them cause they have no details to do so!

• Visited February 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

13% Recommend
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“The manager/spruiker abused me!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Ordered for my family at the same time as my neighbour, from the take away window. Was told there was a 15-20 minute wait... fair enough, very busy, sunny Sunday afternoon, no problem. We went back after 15 minutes, my neighbour got their order and I waited.... and waited.... and waited. Finally the girl at the desk went to find out what was happening and I was told that it was because I ordered a burger - they usually take longer. The man at the front then asked me a little while later what I had ordered, told him that I had been told it was because of the burger, he then spoke to the girl and turned to me and told me accusingly that I had ordered 2 other items as well (my neighbour had ordered 3 things). After more than 45 minutes, my order finally arrived - when I calmly and politely suggested to the horrible man who stands outside spruiking that maybe they should let customers know when they say 15-20 minutes that burgers would take longer, he screamed abuse at me! Yelled that I should just go to Hungry Jacks, even kept yelling at me as I walked away! After all that the food was not hot and not nice! My salt and pepper squid was passable but the "salad" was one piece of floury tomato, 2 small slices of cucumber and heaps of lettuce with little bits of old chips sprinkled throughout. I suppose thank goodness the fish combo (fish & 2 calamari rings with chips) wasn't hot as my poor starving girls could eat straight away. My husband wasn't impressed with the burger at all.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“watervue”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Great location, friendly but very disorganised staff. We ordered our young son's meal and drinks with one waiter as he was hungry and we were hoping his childs meal could come before ours and we had to remind two different members of staff for it as it ended up coming way after ours by which time he didn't really want it as we had fed him from all of our plates. One member of staff didn't even bother going to check what had happened to it as he went nowhere near the kitchen or serving area and continued to take orders from new tables. You can never seem to get served by the same member of staff twice which makes it very difficult to split bills if you are in a group as you end up with numerous bills for the same table depending on who has taken the order.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
sussex
“great location but-----”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

We used the Watervue twice, once for iced coffee [very good] and then for a rapid fish and chips lunch. The waitress service was unfailingly pleasant which is more than could be said of the owner who came across as rude [perhaps he thought he was funny] . Fish and chips not the greatest but inexpensive

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Cold food, poor quality”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

The location was enticing so we tried it, but wished we hadn`t. The chips were cold and the fish frozen, the `perri perri(sic)` chicken was dry and also cold. Get a take away from elsewhere and eat on the front if you want the view - don`t eat here...