“The most beautiful place in manly to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Outback Lodge

You added The Outback Lodge to your Saves list
The Outback Lodge
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   5 Smith Street | P.O Box 734, Manly, New South Wales 1655, Australia   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Manly
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“The most beautiful place in manly to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2011

We came to Manly to visit our daughter in law who had just given birth to our 1st grandchild. as our daughter didn't have room for us she recommended The outback lodge in Smith street manly as it was only a 2 min walk from their place....

We checked out the website which was very helpful and great photos and yes we did also check on here for reviews and saw the bad review so we were abit worried, we contacted our daughter in law and she advised us that they have had many friends and family stay at The outback lodge and they have never had an issue and all have really enjoyed their stay - so we booked our 6 week stay in a Executive studio downstairs.

The place was just wonderful, the staff were so helpful and nothing was too much trouble for the staff, the studio was great , very clean and tidy and the grounds were just beautiful - loved sitting in the garden enjoying a glass of wine - the other guest were very friendly and everyone there was enjoying there stay - no one had a bad word to say at all , we were sorry we had to leave but we will be back in 6 months to see our beautiful grandson and we know where we will be staying again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010 via mobile

I recently recommended this place to some friends looking for accommodation whilst in town for a wedding. They said they'd read bad reviews about the place so I came on here to leave my review.

I was pretty shocked to read people had had such a bad experience and have to say the managers remarks are the ones I'd tend to believe rather than the ones leaving comments although obviously I don't know the full story.

My now wife and I stayed here for 3 weeks and it was clean comfortable, had a great garden and was nice and peaceful even though it's near to where everything is. We didn't find it cheap but nothing is in manly and it was reasonable for what you got. We paid more per month when we moved out to a place which was no nicer.

Overall a nice place to stay - the owners were nice people and if you believe the negative reviews on here you're missing out on one of the better value places in manly

• Stayed November 2009
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2010

I booked and paid for a studio here. I didnt bother to visit as there were a lot of pics on the net. Beware I was advised that my accomodation had been upgraded and was very nice. I dread to see the other accomodation!! IT DOES NOT LOOK ANYTHING LIKE THE PICTURES BEWARE. Also I note that there is one other review my accomodation did not look this good!!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
, Manager at The Outback Lodge, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
The facts are that this guest booked a single standard studio apartment which had been freshly painted, new tiled ceramic floors, modern ensuite bathroom and kitchenette area. The occupant unpacked her bags, dumped bags of rubbish, food, clothing in our bins, placed dirty pillow cases and doona cover over our new bedlinen then sent me an sms that the accomodation was unsuitable as she could not watch TV comfortably in the leather chairs provided. We did offer her alternative accomodation in a much larger studio apartment, however, she declined and said she would take action against us. These are the types of people we sometimes have to deal with and unfortunately they stretch the truth of the matter.
England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

I stayed here for a bout a month whilst looking for work in the area. I agree with the other review they seem to pick prices out the air, and everything has to be in cash. Its also stupidly over priced for what you get, and read the small print as you may have to pay for water and electric. Also After 2 weeks was moved into another room. I was bitten a lot, but presumed for a few days it was mosquitos. When I found a bug squashed on my partners toe, I took this to the owner who confirmed Bed Bugs and was accused that I had brought bed bugs into the room. I counted about 96 bights before I had to leave in discused. We found them crawling down the walls in the night, and squashed ones on the walls from previous occupiers. So it was def not me who brought them in although I was threatened that I would have to leave whist the room was fumigated. This consisted of a little spay in a few cracks. (bed bugs can live in any crack and only come out at night)She payed me cash in hand for cleaning work around the various properties and was always done out of money and expected to drop everything to help. The owner constantly let her self in and out of our room leaving notes around. The most unwelcome, unfriendly, dirty place I have ever been and sadly will always remember Manly with this experience. Really recomend that you keep looking.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
, Manager at The Outback Lodge, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
The Outback Lodge has a few ways that you can pay your tariff and deposit, we can do internet transfer, PayPal which included Credit card etc and if its after hours and the banks are closed we can take the cash from you so you can move in right away.

The Outback Lodge is a very clean and quite place and if we need to get in contact with you we place a letter under your door asking for you to contact us or see us at our office.

The Outback Lodge rates are based on the time of year and we are still one of the lowest priced accommodations places in the heart of manly, we offer modern and fully furnished flats and apartments and they flats are well maintained - check out the photos for yourself or when you are in Manly come and have a look at this beautiful property.

if you have any questions at all about the accommodation in Manly then please email alicia@theoutbacklodge.com.au

Been to The Outback Lodge? Share your experiences!