“Was Eaten by bed bugs, AWFULL” 1 of 5 stars
Review of The Outback Lodge

You added The Outback Lodge to your Saves list
The Outback Lodge
3.0 of 5 Lodge   |   5 Smith Street | P.O Box 734, Manly, New South Wales 1655, Australia   |
Ranked #7 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Manly
England
“Was Eaten by bed bugs, AWFULL”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2010

I stayed here for a bout a month whilst looking for work in the area. I agree with the other review they seem to pick prices out the air, and everything has to be in cash. Its also stupidly over priced for what you get, and read the small print as you may have to pay for water and electric. Also After 2 weeks was moved into another room. I was bitten a lot, but presumed for a few days it was mosquitos. When I found a bug squashed on my partners toe, I took this to the owner who confirmed Bed Bugs and was accused that I had brought bed bugs into the room. I counted about 96 bights before I had to leave in discused. We found them crawling down the walls in the night, and squashed ones on the walls from previous occupiers. So it was def not me who brought them in although I was threatened that I would have to leave whist the room was fumigated. This consisted of a little spay in a few cracks. (bed bugs can live in any crack and only come out at night)She payed me cash in hand for cleaning work around the various properties and was always done out of money and expected to drop everything to help. The owner constantly let her self in and out of our room leaving notes around. The most unwelcome, unfriendly, dirty place I have ever been and sadly will always remember Manly with this experience. Really recomend that you keep looking.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
, Manager at The Outback Lodge, responded to this review, June 16, 2010
The Outback Lodge has a few ways that you can pay your tariff and deposit, we can do internet transfer, PayPal which included Credit card etc and if its after hours and the banks are closed we can take the cash from you so you can move in right away.

The Outback Lodge is a very clean and quite place and if we need to get in contact with you we place a letter under your door asking for you to contact us or see us at our office.

The Outback Lodge rates are based on the time of year and we are still one of the lowest priced accommodations places in the heart of manly, we offer modern and fully furnished flats and apartments and they flats are well maintained - check out the photos for yourself or when you are in Manly come and have a look at this beautiful property.

if you have any questions at all about the accommodation in Manly then please email alicia@theoutbacklodge.com.au

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)

Been to The Outback Lodge? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about The Outback Lodge

Address: 5 Smith Street | P.O Box 734, Manly, New South Wales 1655, Australia
Location: Australia > New South Wales > Greater Sydney > Manly
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Suites Wheelchair access
Ranked #7 of 13 Specialty Lodging in Manly
Hotel Class:3 star — The Outback Lodge 3*
The Outback Lodge offers a selection of studio, 1-2 bedroom apartments all with modern ensuite bathrooms and kitchenettes. Also selection of bedsits with kitchenettes and shared bathroom. The lovely "Cottage" is a 1 bedroom cottage house will full kitchen, lounge/dining area, polished timber floors and is most suitable for those wanting something quite special. Short or long stays available, close to beach and transport. We cater for families, mature persons, groups, singles, couples wanting more than back packer style accomodation at an affordable price. Free unlimited Wifi use on the common area, laundry facilities with coin operated washer/dryer and tea/coffee in each apartment. Travelling with your PET then contact us direct as some apartments are pet friendly, additional charges apply and is at discretion of the manager. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your The Outback Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage The Outback Lodge, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.