“Great fun out and about in Manly with your young kids” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 19 Outdoor Activities in Manly
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: Cycling is the ideal way to explore Manly. Hire a bike and discover secluded coves, deserted beaches and breathtaking coastal views. With over 20kms of dedicated bike paths and off road trails, Manly caters for all levels of riders. Manly Bike Tours carry a huge range of bicycles for rent, including; beach cruisers, hybrid bikes, road bikes, off-road mountain bikes, kids’ bikes and tandems. Alternatively you can book on a guided tour, which run daily at 10:30am. We are open 7 days
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Manly, New South Wales, Australia
“Great fun out and about in Manly with your young kids”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I always envy those young people cycling along the beachfront in Manly. But this week I joined them with my 4 year old son and it was fantastic. Manly Bikes had plenty of options for us to ride together and we went with the tag-along bike option. It was perfect and my son loved the ride to Shelley Beach and then back up to Queenscliff. We'll certainly do it again and perhaps next time we'll tackle the North Head trail.

Visited March 2013
ManlyBikeTours, Customer Service at Manly Bike Tours and Bike Hire, responded to this review, May 5, 2013
Hi Kirsty,

Thanks for the review, much appreciated! It's good to hear you didn't let age keep you back. The North Head Trail is a little more difficult in terms of the incline but the views are amazing, definitely would recommend checking it out.

Regards,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
3 attraction reviews
“Bike hire in Manly”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Staff very helpful and friendly.The
road I rented was quite satisfactory
For the rides around Manly.My favorite
was up the North Head.Short ride with
a terrific view of Sydney.The bike routes
north of Manly are well marked.The
only time you are riding in traffic is on the
Steyne.A great place to rent a bike,right
Across the street from the ferry wharf .
The location provides quick and easy
Access to the bike routes.

ManlyBikeTours, Customer Service at Manly Bike Tours and Bike Hire, responded to this review, March 24, 2013
Hey,

Thank you for the review! great to hear your enjoyed your stay here in Manly, especially the North Head, it is so beautiful.

Thanks,

Kirby

PS: I like the way your review is structured, it is almost like a poem!
Manila, Philippines
“Excellent Bike Hire”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

The company even provides a map of Manly with ideal routes for bikers to explore.

This was my first time in Australia, (I come from the Philippines where our roads are unsafe to bike on). With the guide they provided, a first-timer like I was able to bike solo to Sydney Harbor National Park then cruised near the beaches.

The handsome fellows at the bike shop were very accommodating and friendly. The bikes were in good condition as well. As other reviewers said, its location is very ideal as its close to the wharf (ferry from Sydney's Circular Quay) and bus stops

Visited December 2012
Hello,

Thanks for the review, It's nice to hear we are handsome haha! It's good to know that someone who isn't accustomed to riding the roads of Sydney was able to get on their way so quickly with our help.

Thanks,

Sydney, Australia
3 attraction reviews
“Beautiful bike ride through Manly.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I hired a bike to explore more of Manly than I could on foot. The shop was close to the wharf and bus stops. They had all the equipment that I needed. The gentleman at this bike shop was very helpful and suggested a route up to the Sydney Harbour National park. What a wonderful trip. I stopped at one of the lookouts and met up with some folks who had sighted some whales just off the coast. The was a female with her calf and a male accompanying her. Then on the way back I spotted an echidna just off the road. I will do this trip again.

Visited November 2012
Hello,

Thank you for the review. It sounds like you had a great time seeing much of the wildlife on North Head! It is quite rare to see an echidna.

East Aurora, New York
“Great way to see Manly and vicinity”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a small group and a couple of hours. What a great way to see a variety of the area. We saw residential and then biked up the hill to a park like setting that had spectacular views of the bay. Our guide was informative and patient. I'd do it again. Length of tour was good, and we were blessed with sunny weather. My only suggestion would be for those taking the tour to "walk" your bike up the steeper residential part, especially if you haven't ridden in a few years! : ) . Loved it!

Visited November 2012
Hi,

Thanks for the review, it's nice to hear you enjoyed yourself. The hills on some of the tours can be quite tough at times, luckily they aren't too long!

Regards,