A nice hotel in a good location - we are not fans of staying in city center locations.
The emptiness of Olympic Park kept us sane after visits to the overhectic Christmas-time Sydney. If the train connection (infamous Lidcombe station) would be better coordinated, or the 401 bus would wait at the ferry stop when the ferry actually arrives - would make a lot of difference. Long story short - we spent a lot of time waiting when using public transportation.
Back to the hotel - the reception staff needs a lot more training in how to treat a guest.
We never heard any "Merry Christmas" or "Happy New Year" wishes, or simple greetings, unless we greeted them. They pretend to be very cool, which is very uncool for a receptionist (leave the coolness for the guest).
The worst dissapointment was the usage of internet. In such kind of a hotel, I would expect free unlimited access in the lobby. The 30 min limit is a shame.
They still managed to add $12 charges for internet to our bill.
If we weren't there for such long time, and didn't overhear other guests getting one, we would never know about the passes to the pool. No one bothered to let us know at the desk ( and we were there with our young son).
And another addition to our final bill: $70 for breakfast we never had.
Watch what you sign when getting a bill at Pullman!!
The guy at the desk cooly stated - I'll just remove the charges from your bill.
He did; but that's not the point - these charges should not be there in the first place.
One last impression - at least a small part of the window should be possible to be opened. And the glass between the room and the bathroom - a bad idea!!
- Also Known As:
- Pullman At Sydney Olympic Park Hotel
- Pullman At Sydney Olympic Park Hotel Homebush
- Pullman Hotel Homebush
- Pullman Sydney Olympic Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Pullman at Sydney Olympic Park is a new and unique 5 star hotel, which offers 212 rooms, meeting rooms for up to 220 people and wireless internet in all areas. The Pullman is a short walk from major sports, concert and exhibition venues and within easy reach of the Parramatta, Rhodes and North Ryde business districts. 24 hour fitness centre and Executive Lounge make the hotel the ideal place for work, rest and play. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and Expedia so you can book your Pullman at Sydney Olympic Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.