“nice accommodation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drummoyne Serviced Apartments

Save Saved
You added Drummoyne Serviced Apartments to your Saves list
Drummoyne Serviced Apartments
3.5 of 5 Condominium   |   167 Lyons Road, Drummoyne, Sydney, New South Wales 2067, Australia   |
Melbourne, Australia
“nice accommodation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

we stay for a weekend in February 2012. It was a nice 2 bedroom apartment, fully furnished, nicely recently redecorate.The unit accommodate all of my family ( 3 adults+ 2 kids) and its location was very good as we visted my wife family in a near by suburb. It was on a bus stopr route so we left our car in the complex and used public transport. Great value for family- good quality accommodation for families.Limited service but nice accommodation

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

51 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Liverpool, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

Our fully furnished and equipped studio apartment was spacious and we enjoyed the full kitchen facilities as well as the internal type of laundry which was located near the unit bathroom.The location was very suitable for our stay as it was nead my wife family in Drummoyne. We stay for a week and therefore have enjoyed the apartments weekly rate which were very very attractive. There is a free car parking on site aand the apartment was clean and nice decorated. It was not a 6 star hotel but very spacious and comfrtable accommodation for a couple with a baby.There are 2 great coffee shops near the apartment ( 2--40 meters)which provide great coffe,bakery and light lunches. We can also recommend the adjoin Ocean Fish & Chips shop which seemed to be very poular- it total great value for good quality accommodation

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Very nice furnished apartment accommodation.We had quite a large 2bedroom apartment with upmarket decoration and very good kitchen. Free car parking and on public transport route so we did not used a lot our car during our 6 night stay in the apartment. Very suitable for our family of 5 stay in the Sydney area.Good selection of good and well priced restaurant in the area. Very good rate for that quality of apartment!
The location: was PERFECT for us!

The apartment : is fantastic. Everything. was modern, brand new, stylish, and there is an incredible attention to detail and colours , right down to the tiles in the bathroom. I would easily compare it with a boutique hotel in the . when I arrived we felt very welcomed. The free wifi was great.

The service: good inspite of the limited service nature o fa serviced apartment Like many other reviewers, they had an additional junior room available to us .

The final score: I’ve stayed in a lot of serviced apartments . This is hands down a very good one.! I’d recommend it for business or pleasure. I tried some of the near restaurants, they were good priced and quality and convenience . Also, they are just around the corner from the complex

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ledbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

Good value for Sydney Metropolitan area accommodation. Very spacious,modern and well decorated 2 bedroom apartment with kitchen ,parking & laundry. We stayed for a week and enjoyed very much our family accommodation.Good food out lets around the complex and on public transport. Will come back again when in Sydney

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed in the Drummoyne Serviced Apartments at 165 Lyons Rd, Drummoyne for 12 days in September 2012. These are the studio apartments. I chose these apartments as I was in the area for a course for 2 weeks, and wanted affordable accommodation in a nearby location. Friends of mine had gone to the same course and stayed here. The apartment was clean and neat, with a kitchen and cooking supplies, fridge, washer and drier and a bathroom. The bed was comfortable enough, and the room was spacious. The room itself looks quite dated but I expected this given that the rate I paid for the accommodation was very reasonable.

I noticed that this building is directly under the flight path of the airport, and often in the day/afternoon planes can be heard quite loudly overhead. They did not continue throughout the night and therefore I did not have problems sleeping. It is also important to note that Lyons road can get quite busy with lots of traffic/emergency vehicles so if you plan to be in the room lots then you may have trouble. There is no lift in the building so be aware you will need to climb the stairs and carry your luggage up.

Nearby there is a bakery, fish and chip shop, small deli and restaurants in walking distance. I found the location very good. There are buses which go up/down Lyons road regularly and therefore it is easy to get around.

The main complaint I have with this place is that it was advertised to be a "serviced" apartment, with the room serviced once a week. During my 12 day stay, my room was not serviced at all. Given that you are paying the rate for a serviced apartment I would expect to receive this service. Also, when I arrived there, I did not get appropriate instructions about where to pick up my Key. Being a sunday, the reception was closed, and I had to make phone contact with the caretaker to be advised the key would need to be picked up from their other building. This would not have been too much of a problem except I had a fair bit of luggage which I then needed to carry across the road, so it would have been better if I was informed about this prior to going there.

Overall, I had a decent stay in this apartment. It would be reasonable for a short term stay if you are need to be in the Drummoyne area.

Room Tip: As far from the road as possible is the best option.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Gtreat family accommodation in this part of Sydney.Quite close to the city and near a good selection of coffe shop & restaurants. Very upgraded nice & modern 2 bedroom furnioshed accommodation with free parking,good size kitchen & laundry.Good family accommodation solution based on very resoanbale weekly rate

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed for a weekend in October 2012 in a nice ,recently redecorated furnished apartment in Lyons Road ,Drummoyne. We like the decoration, the spacious nature of the accommodation and the rate which was a very good value for Sydney weekend accommodation (we visit Sydney few times a year.Very

secured and comfortable location near the City CBD and near a good selection of local coffee shops and restaurants

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Drummoyne Serviced Apartments? Share your experiences!