“It was ok, but not sensational” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Golden Sun Restaurant & Bar

Golden Sun Restaurant & Bar
Shop 51a, Cronulla St, Cronulla, Sutherland Shire, New South Wales 2230, Australia
(02) 9523 8620
Improve this listing
Ranked #42 of 91 restaurants in Cronulla
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Orange
“It was ok, but not sensational”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Went there a couple of years ago. Good solid Chinese, but it didn't do enough to get me Bach through the door

Visited June 2011

71% Recommend
Sydney, Australia
“Very courteous staff, ways have a smile!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

We've been coming back in this restaurant many times now, kids loved it, so we do. The staff are very courteous and attentive, just what we need nowadays. Food is not as expensive and still get the taste of Vietnamese cuisine.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney Australia
“Yum Yum Yum!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2011

In June I had a terrible cold and craved short soup I was walking south in Cronulla Mall to the Chinese restaurant when I decided to give the Golden Sun a chance.

Forever I have walked past and been turned off by the sandwich board at the entrance. The takeaway short soup was so nice that night my kids and I decided we would go back sometime.

Last night we went with friends, nine of us all up, we are all die hard Sushi and Thai food lovers. Well everyone agreed we have just found a new favourite restaurant!!

Between us we tried many dishes from quail to mixed entree, clay pot chicken and Vietnamese beef salad. We spent a lot of the night looking at each other saying "oh yum!" , every time someone dipped their fork into a new dish there were sighs of pleasure:)

The decor is very funky, as the above poster states, Piggy Bank Pink walls and a classic Asian shrine. Having travelled around Asia I found this to be really endearing and could almost imagine I was in fact in Vietnam!

The service was wonderful.

It worked out at about $20 a head for one child, four teenagers and four adults who ate till they could hardly walk!! We didn't have dessert, couldn't fit it in, actually I didn't notice desserts on the menu??

I feel guilty that it's taken me so long to make the journey up those stairs to try somewhere different. We will definitely be regular customers from now on.

It is up the stairs but ask for a window seat and you look down onto the mall.

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Cronulla, Australia
“Great food, good service, horrible decoration”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2011

I qualify this as Very Good only for food quality, friendly service and convenient pricing. The place is on a 2nd floor, so when you pass by you just see a few quite discouraging pictures of an unattractive place. Once you've made up your mind to get in, piggy pink and turquoise painted walls, golden tulip-shaped lamps, visible cables around the neon light, plastic plants confirm the place doesn't look well at all. The music that's supposed to be soothing is actually a bit annoying. Apart from this negative details, the food is really well prepared and of very good taste, portions are generous and prices are very reasonable. I haven't been back, mainly because the music, but I will when I feel I can take the music again... or I'd better go for a take-away.

• Visited August 2011