“Good location for Brookvale oval” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Travelodge Manly - Warringah

You added Travelodge Manly - Warringah to your Saves list
Travelodge Manly - Warringah
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4 - 10 Victor Rd, Brookvale, Warringah, New South Wales 2100, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Brookvale
Muswellbrook, Australia
“Good location for Brookvale oval”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

Excellent location directly across the road form the sea eagles leagues club and only a 5 minute walk to Brookvale oval.
Whether you are Manly fan or a supporter of the opposition, this hotel is ideally located.
Easy, trouble free checkin.
Breakfast next morning wasn't too bad either.
Rooms are fit for the purpose. Nothing special, but comfortable

• Stayed June 2013
Daniel P, General Manager at Travelodge Manly - Warringah, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Upperhunter,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah, I agree that the location of the hotel and the close proximity to Brookvale Oval is fantastic for all league supporters.

I was pleased to read that you had an easy, trouble free checkin, I have passed this feedback onto our Front Desk team. I have also provided our Food & Beverage team with your comments about the breakfast which you had on the next morning.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Manly-Warringah and please do not hesitate to contact the hotel on +61 2 8978 1200 if we can be of any further assistance.

Travelodge Manly-Warringah

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Nambucca Heads NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed 2 nights recently in a twin room.
Not much else accommodation wise in that area of the Northern Beach.
Check in very good, quick and polite. Only had to use the front desk once after that and the service by the lady on duty was first rate.
Room is not large but adequate, clean, beds comfortable, water hot and no noise as slightly off main road.
Breakfast appeared a bit high priced and to charge parking was also a bit rough.
Overall happy with stay and will use again.

Room Tip: Check out hotel's website for deals.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Daniel P, General Manager at Travelodge Manly - Warringah, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Soapy49,

Thank you for your recent review of your stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah, I was pleased to read that you found checking into the hotel to be very good, quick and polite. I have passed these comments onto our Front Office Team so they are aware. I have also passed on your comments about the cleanliness of the room to our Housekeeping Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Travelodge Manly-Warringah in the future, if we can be of any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly on +61 2 8978 1200

Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

We decided to organise Mum's 80th birthday function at the adjacent Manly-Warringah Leagues Club and so for the out-of-towners, this place was the perfect location.

I'd booked a few rooms for other family members while my rooms (1 adult, 3 children) were adjoining. Those rooms, on the top floor, were a fraction compact but otherwise clean and neat and did the job. We couldn't get the TV in one of the rooms to work but we didn't spend much time there so we didn't trouble reception to get it fixed.

The breakfast buffet on the Sunday morning was a bit chaotic with a limited range of hot food, but I've seen worse. The reception staff were generally helpful and accommodating, albeit I was mildly disappointed they didn’t offer to waive the $10 overnight parking fee or make some other gesture given the number of rooms I'd booked.

But overall, a good option for the event.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear David G,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah, I was pleased to read that you found the location of the hotel to the Manly Sea Eagles Rugby Leagues Club appropriate as you were celebrating your Mother's 80th Birthday.

I was happy to see that you found the rooms in the hotel clean and neat, I was concerned to read that one of the TV's in the room would not work. I can reassure you that our Maintenance Team have been informed about this and have since rectified any issues which have come up as part of their routine check.

I have passed your comments on about the breakfast on the Sunday morning through to our F&B Team, and apologise for the limited range of hot food which was available and the chaotic atmosphere. I was pleased to read that you found the Front Office Team to be helpful and accommodating, apart from the team not offering to waiver the $10 car parking fee.

Please rest assured that the comments you have provided have been discussed with the team and that this is definitely not the level of service which we pride ourselves on at Travelodge Manly-Warringah.

Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel if you would like to discuss this review further on +61 2 8978 1200.

Lilydale, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

All mod cons included with a stylish ambiance. Main gripe was with the remote control for the TV. Had to get staff to work it. Probably from overuse. Great location for Brookvale Oval or for anything on the Northern Beaches. Staff were aloof and gave us looks that indicated they didn't want us near them. They tried to charge us $10 for parking, but we got it included. When we checked out they tried to charge us for it again! The doors to other rooms were quite loud and would wake us up in the early hours, so sleep was broken. Convenient to the Manly Leagues Club, like, right next door.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear StephenIG,

Thank you for your review of your stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah, I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to have all the mod cons and a stylish ambiance. I agree that the hotel is in an excellent location being close to Brookvale Oval, Westfield Warringah Mall, Dee Why Beach and many other Northern Beaches services and attractions.

I was concerned to read that the team at the hotel were aloof, I have spoken with the team to ensure that this image is not portrayed towards anyone who is in the hotel. I have also spoken with the Front Office Team about the issue you experienced with the charge for $10 parking when you had this included. I have been advised by our Maintenance Team that they have checked all doors in the hotel and have since rectified the closing mechanism to ensure that doors to all areas close quietly and do not disturb others whilst in the hotel. The Maintenance Team have also checked all remote controls in the hotel and I can advise that these issues have since been rectified also.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I hesitated in writing this review, but after receiving a luke warm acknowledgement of my complaints to the Duty Manager at the time, I am writing with regard to my dissatisfaction.
We have stayed at the Manly Travelodge on 2 previous occasions ( choosing this Property to be near Family living in Sydney) those stays were nothing special to say the least, but the last stay "Took the Cake".
We know the room sizes are small, but hasnt been a concern to us as we are out & about all day, This last trip however the bed seemed to be uncomforable & upon investigation, I found there was no Mattress protector under the sheet, & the Bathroom was not cleaned properly with hair in the handbasin & on the floor. In the morning I tried to ask the Cleaner on Duty to rectify the situation, but was greeted by the shrug of the shoulders, not understanding me, (English). We decided to go down & have breakfast & spreak to Reception about this after we had eaten. As we arrived at the Buffet, we were greeted by the "Cook" abusing the several Asian Tour Group Guests who were at the Buffet, she then proceeded to tell me "those people,have no idea & just make a @#$% mess everywhere !" She didnt say it to me in confidence, but at the top of her voice, so all could hear her. After breakfast we spoke to the Duty manager, who seemed non plussed, telling me "Oh yes, we have had complaints before" ?????? Although our Room was cleaned & the Bed made properly that morning, it was too late to convince us these were isolated incidents.
I am in the Hospitality Industry, & have been for 25 years, We have always respected the Travelodge(Accor) Brand, but I cannot recommend this property to anyone, & would be horrified to think other Guests are treated & spoken to in this manner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Daniel P, Manager at Travelodge Manly - Warringah, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Kp00,

I would like to thank you for your review of your stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah, I was dissappointed to read that your stay at the hotel had a number of issues and would like to discuss this review with you over the telephone.

Please contact myself on +61 2 8978 1200 to discuss this review further.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

upon arriving after the red eye from perth we were meet by a rude and rushed concierge. not only could they not confirm our 3 day booking he said he was to busy to sort it that night then proceded to charge us 10 extra for parking as there is no parking nearby. We went to our floor and were over powered by the smell of fresh paint fumes it was almost to much the wife had sore eyes from it after bearing this our room was a tiny room nothing in the fridge no milk for the coffe by the kettle and only two cement pillows i could go on but all round we found it terrible and for 220 a night i would have rather a backpackers and saved 100

also when we had buffet breakfast every morning the food was very avg and the staff very loud could not enjoy our meal in peace i would recomend to no one and advise anyone never to go travel lodge chain is permanently off the list of places to stay for our lifetime

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Skoutos,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah, I was concerned to read that you were met by a rude and rushed team member who advised you that they were busy and could not assist you.

The hotel has recently had all corridors and public areas freshly painted, I would like to apologise for the overpowering smell which was experienced and your wife getting sore eyes. I have forwarded your comments on about no milk being in the fridge when you arrived to our Housekeeping Team who has advised me that this was an oversight on their part and they send their apologies for the inconvenience.

In relation to the issue you experienced in the morning with the Buffet Breakfast, I have forwarded these comments onto the Food & Beverage Team and would like to apologise for the team members in the kitchen being loud and not allowing you to enjoy your meal.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I could have been mistaken for thinking I was staying at Fawlty Towers. I was given the keys to my room on the third floor and duly went into the room......... only to find money on the side and bags / clothes in the room. I returned to reception and they realised they had given me someone else's room (a good job I'm honest and didn't steal anything!). They gave me keys to another room so off I went again - this time the keys didn't work. Back to reception to get the keys reprogrammed. Tried again and still teh keys didn't work. The only way to get into my room was to ask reception to let me in. They couldn't give me another room as the hotel was full. The room was very basic with old tiling in the bathroom and a shower door that didn't close fully so water escaped when you had a shower.
The TV only worked by using the remote if you were within 2 feet of it and you could only turn it on / off on the TV itself. POicture quality was poor.
The only good thing was that the bed was very comfortable but I was woken three times during the night by other guests shouting and banging doors, meaning the insulation of the rooms was also poor.
Definitely will not return !

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Daniel P, Manager at Travelodge Manly - Warringah, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Pieter B,

Thank you for your recent response in relation to your stay at Travelodge Manly-Warringah, I was concerned to read that you were given keys to a room which was already occupied by another guest in-house. I have spoken with my team in relation to the matter and would like to re-assure you that this matter has been dealt with accordingly.

I would also like to apologise for the issue which you experienced with your door lock and the keys not allowing you access to the room. Our Maintenance Team have checked all door locks in the hotel and have since rectified issues relating to guest keys not allowing access, they have also gone to all guest rooms and have fixed issues relating to TV remotes and picture quality.

I was also concerned to read that you were woken up during the night by other guests who were in-house, I have addressed this issue with our team members to ensure that they can resolve situations late at night whilst other guests are sleeping in the hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly if we can be of any further assistance to you on +61 2 8978 1200.

Travelodge Manly-Warringah

Been to Travelodge Manly - Warringah? Share your experiences!