“Good Stay, but.......” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach

You added Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach to your Saves list
Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr. The Grand Parade and Princess Street, Brighton le Sands, Rockdale, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Parkes, Australia
“Good Stay, but.......”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

I had a great stay here. Room was spacey, and room service was great value for money. I just have one issue, and I have also provided this to Accor so as not to whinge here and not contact them too. I booked online with my Accor online account and used my Accor Le Club gold card number successfully. When I presented my card at check-in I was told that the hotel was privately run, but carries the Novotel brand, and that the owner has decided not to participate in the Le Club scheme. I was in a queue at check-in and was quite embarrassed. At no time during online booking did the Accor system say the hotel didn't issue Le Club points. In fact the online booking system ACCEPTED my card. I repsectfully suggest that the Accor site be updated so that the hotel details clearly state that the hotel does not participate in Le Club. Also, the booking system shouldn't accept the loyalty card number for non-participating hotels. Apart from this frustrating matter my stay was great.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
  • Indonesian first
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014

Nice Foyer, Restaurant and Bar Areas but the rooms really need a full refurbishment, although quite large and roomy they are very dated and dont look like they have had any TLC for a long time. The rooms over looking the water are noisy as well, lots of hotted up cars seem to drive around there. Staff were nice and helpful. Good location, shops, restaurants and beach at the front door.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

nsbb, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments about our helpful team which I have passed on to everyone. Your feedback about the dated room product is noted. We are in discussion with the hotel's owners about funding for a refurbishment & I will share your views on the next occasion.
Riyadh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We are members of Accor Advanrage, so we stayed in a 2 bedroom room with 2 bathrooms for a very good rate. So that helped, but make no mistake, this hotel is over 30 years old, and I could not see any evidence of resfresh, so the comments by other reviewers saying it is tired are fair. But the lobby area is large, the resteraunt area large with a good view, and I am sure if our room had a sea view, which it did not, being on the 4th floor, we would have been allot happier. But there were a couple of negatives, on 4 ipads and one laptop, we could not get the WIFI to work, not matter what we did, and the pay TV did not work either, the cable TV yes. But we did have a very nice buffet breakfast, where the kids ate free. The staff are good, and are trying their best, given the tired hotel they have to work with. This hotel really have got me wondering about the economies of a resfresh and upgrade ? Only stay at this hotel if you are getting a good rate for your room, then you will be happy.

Room Tip: Try and get a room higher than the 4th floor like we had, then you will get some view, and I think t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
nsbb, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Gribbs family
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. We were pleased to read that you found a number of the aspects of the hotel to your satisfaction. We are is discussion with the hotel's owners regarding funding for a refurbishment & I will share your views on the next occasion.
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

One huge positive of this hotel is that the staff are great. They really were very helpful. The hotel is very tired though, in need of an upgrade. There were stains on the carpet and walls, furniture was stained and torn in places and lamps that didn't work. I think for the price of the room, $300+, the standard of the room certainly was not good enough. I won't be staying here again soon and wouldn't recommend it to my friends - becasue of the price and the standard that you get.

Room Tip: Ask for a high level room to escape the noisy pool area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Holly David
Thank you for your comments. Your kind words about our team have been shared with them. We are in discussions with the owners of the hotel about funding for a refurbishment & I will share your views with them.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night late April 2014. Great location, rooms were spacious but I had to report cockroaches in my room and was given a tin of bug spray in case more appeared. No free wifi (bar 30 mins within 24 hours) and I felt in this day and age that isn't good enough.. After all I had free wifi whilst sat on Bondi beach. Wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
Dear LouGrahamll
Thank you for your comments. Please accept my apologies about the pest in your room. We do employ a professional pest control company who regularly sprays the hotel & we have had your room resprayed as a precaution.
Alan Burrows

Been to Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach? Share your experiences!