“Overnight Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach

Save Saved
You added Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach to your Saves list
Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr. The Grand Parade and Princess Street, Brighton le Sands, Rockdale, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Affiliate website

1,085 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

My wife and I intended to stay here....unfortunately my wife took ill and required an operation at a nearby Private Hospital. Due to certain circumstances I needed to continue my stay at this Hotel.
The assistant manager (Charlie) and all the staff were fantastic in allowing me to stay in the room on a day by day basis. They accommodated my different circumstances wonderfully and I thank them profoundly.
The hotel was great the size of the room fantastic. In fact I enjoyed the hotel as much as I was able to.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
nsbb, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments. We were pleased to read how help our team was to your circumstances & I will share your praise with the team. We do hope we will be able to welcome you back to the hotel under different circumstances in the future.
Auckland Region, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here in March and absolutely loved it so booked again for our August trip. Very disappointing the second time! We booked a spa suite but the room layout was not very good. There is also an odd smell about this hotel, almost like damp carpet that is nearly dry. The best part was the breakfast which was included in our deal. Once again there was a huge choice. This hotel really knows how to do breakfast

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
nsbb, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. We were pleased to read that you found our breakfast fantastic, I will share this feedback with the executive chef. I have also passed on the comment about the room smell to the executive housekeeper for her attention.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I had the privilege of staying here the weekend just gone. My only regret was that I did not have my family with me. Brilliant facilities very family friendly and dead smack bang on a strip full of wonderful restaurants and opposite Sydney airport and the beautifull Botany Bay. Well done Novotel Brighton le sands.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
nsbb, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. I have shared your comments about the pancakes with the chef. We do not always have the same items on for breakfast & this will sometimes cause a delay.
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

We travelled with friends that have stayed there before and were looking forward to it. We were given rooms on the 5th floor overlooking the beach. Nice view but the traffic noise was terrible.
The rooms were a good size but thick mould in the shower areas of both rooms was totally unacceptable. I know this is quite an old hotel but for a 4* I was not impressed.
There was no information in the room on the surrounding areas or on the downstairs dining and bar.
Breakfast the following morning was a shambles. No hot plates to start, and searched around until I found a cold plate then waited 10 minutes for them to bring out some nice Cold beans. When told about them nothing was done until the 4th person was told. I then still had to ask for a bowl of beans to be heated only to be brought some lukewarm ones. How ridiculous! I only wanted hot beans! The area was not kept clean and it looked like a class of schoolkids had been through!
Waited 15 minutes for some pancakes - were not worth the wait. Overall disappointing experience. I did speak to the restaurant manager who apologised.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper don't have a room facing the beach. The traffic is quite bad.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a comment. I am sorry that your experience was not to your expectation. We are looking at the reasons for our poor performance at breakfast & be examining our staffing levels when a large group dines. Our front desk team have lots of information about the local area & many of our team are local. They are always happy to discuss with you your sightseeing plans.
Weipa, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We booked in late in the afternoon, after visiting family and before our 7am check in the next day for our international flight...

The receptionist Rachael, was ever so helpful, and was bubbly and polite....We exchanged a few pleasantries and we were upgraded to the ninth floor, with a view of the ocean, and over looking the run way.

I am a very light and terrible sleeper, and I was not bothered by any aircraft noise...

The rooms were clean and very spacious, and everything was to hand....The porter brought out ports to the room, with out even waiting for a tip....

The experience was a pleasant one, and I am sure we shall use this hotel again for many of our Sydney based adventure. The room was booked through hotels dot com and we managed to get if for 168 dollars au......

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for posting a comment. It was pleasing to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your praise about Rachel, which I have shared with her. We do hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.
Alan Burrows

Been to Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach

Address: Cnr. The Grand Parade and Princess Street, Brighton le Sands, Rockdale, New South Wales 2000, Australia
Location: Australia > New South Wales > Greater Sydney > Rockdale > Brighton le Sands
Bar / Lounge Beach Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Children Activities ( Kid / Family Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Brighton le Sands
Hotel Class:4 star — Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach 4*
The Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach is a 4 star hotel situated opposite Brighton Beach in Sydney. With sweeping views across Botany Bay, this hotel is conveniently located only 15 km from the city centre and 5 minutes from the airport. Perfect for businesstrips and holidays, all 296 rooms boast private balconies. The hotel features a bar and restaurant, plus 11 meeting rooms accommodating up to 500 delegates. Leisure facilities include a swimming pool, fitness centre, spa and steam room.Novotel Brighton Beach offers a variety of facilities including landscaped *outdoor swimming pool, indoor pool, steam room, large modern gymnasium, restaurant and bar, Day Spa and Health Centre and 11 versatile function rooms with an experienced conference and events team to facilitate your next function. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, ACCOR, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach Hotel Brighton Le Sands
Novotel Brighton Le Sands
Accor Brighton Le Sands
Sydney Novotel

If you own or manage Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.