“Value for money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach

You added Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach to your Saves list
Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Cnr. The Grand Parade and Princess Street, Brighton le Sands, Rockdale, New South Wales 2000, Australia   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast Offer
Newcastle, Australia
“Value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

The rooms furniture is dating and could do with updating but overall value for money, the food was excellent. Service was very good. Would definitely stay again. Location is ideal, across from the water.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Thankyou for giving us a mermorable stay on such a special occassion. We not only attended a friends wedding but we also celebrated 17years anniversary. The price of our stay allowed us to share this day and night with our children

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

nsbb, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest

Congratulations on your anniversary. We were pleased that we were able to add to your memories of this milestone.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Spent 3 nights here attending a conference and was really not impressed. Upon check in I was told I'd been upgraded - that sounded nice. Upon entering the room I was greated with a very stale, musty smell. I really couldn't be bothered having to relocate so opened the balcony door and aired the room for a couple of hours. This helped.

Bed wasn't too bad, but the bed linen was pretty sparse so I had to search the room for an extra blanket. This was OK but then had problems when the bedside lamp didn't work.

Next morning, found the shower to be terrible. There was just NO hot water pressure, so I endure a luke warm shower.

On checkout day I thought I'd do the right thing and let reception know about the issues. Well, I found the cause of the musty smell! Upon walking around the other side of the bed to get the feedback form I found the carpet to be absoluetly soaked.

This hotel wasn't cheap, the carpet throughout is worn and tired, and the hotel is in need of refurbishment.

Dear Guest
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. I offer my apologies that some aspects of your stay were below expectation.
Your feedback about the shower & the flooded room has been shared with the maintenance team for rectification. Your observations about the need for refurbishment will be shared with the owners of the hotel for consideration when they are looking at making investment decisions.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Very positive conference experience. Good online booking, good service, good food, comfy bed, adequate gym and swimming pool, fantastic spot. I had a few walks along the front, and picked up snacks from coles which is just a couple of hundred metres out the back of the hotel. I negotiated a lite breakfast at a good price in the hotel one morning, and had a great breakfast at a beach cafe just along the road the second morning which ended up not being as good value for money.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. We were pleased to read that you found our staff, hotel facilities & the local environs very much to your liking. We hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.

Bowral, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Have stayed here many times and liked it and never had to pay for parking, checking out today they wanted to charge me $25.00 a night which greatly adds to to expenses after paying $478.00 for a 2 night stay works out quite expensive. They did waive the $50.00 this time but will think twice before returning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
nsbb, General Manager at Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your feedback. We do charge for car parking at the hotel however we also have a number of packages that include items like parking. For current packages & availability please visit our website at accorhotels.com or contact our reservations team directly.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

Ok, the only reason why I gave it an average is because we stayed there for free (sister-in-law is a flight attendant stationed in Sydney and we bunked in). But, if we were paying guests, my rating would definitely be poor. Granted, location is ideal if you want to be in front of the beach (because that's where it is, right in front of Brighton beach). The proximity to restaurants and public transport, including the airport is not bad as well, but then again, most beaches would have to be surrounded by restaurants and public transport anyway. The kids loved the pool though with the spa, but on the flipside, the hallways reek of that old hotel smell, rooms are too small and the overall place is just begging for a make over. I have to remind myself that I am not paying a single cent on all the 4 nights that I stayed here to make it bearable. Plus, we stayed here on New Year's eve and I'm well aware that finding an accommodation in Sydney during this season could be very stressful, not only to yourself, but to your budget. So overall, I'm thankful of the free stay, but if you're paying, and under different circumstances (going on a non-peak season), you're definitely better off somewhere else!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed the area around the hotel & were lucky enough to stay over new years eve to see the great fireworks on the bay. I will share your feedback about the need for refurbishment with the hotel’s owners for their consideration.

Wollongong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The room actually turned out to be a suite, ( think my colleague and I both got up-grades). However, I had the room to myself and couldn't understand why the fold-out bed in the sitting room was out and made up...it took up most of that space. I tried to tuck it away but it wouldn't fold easily and I just left it. The balcony is useful if you want to have a smoke. I marked down "cleanliness" only because some small ants quickly appeared after a small sugar spill in the tea-making facility.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comments. We were pleased to read that you found our staff & facilities to your liking. We hope we will get the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel again soon.
Alan Burrows

Been to Novotel Sydney Brighton Beach? Share your experiences!