“How long is too long for a hotel to hold a security deposit?” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest

You added Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest to your Saves list
Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   22 Brook Hollow Avenue, Baulkham Hills, The Hills Shire, New South Wales 2153, Australia   |
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baulkham Hills
Woodville, Nsw
“How long is too long for a hotel to hold a security deposit?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Hotel is brand new and with that comes some hiccups. The air conditioning didn't work, we couldn't change channels on the main TV and the telephone didn't work. Eventually maintainance rectified the TV and for a small time, the a/c.

On a positive note, staff were very pleasant, our room was quiet and it was in close proximety to supermarkets and eateries. Also had a frozen desert dispenser in the foyer!

On the downside, the $100 security bond against my credit card was not released until after I complained on the TENTH day after our stay, and then took another day to appear in my account. It would have stayed a full 14 working days if I hadn't enquired. I had sent two emails on the 8th and 9th day after our stay which were both ignored.

My bank told me they hold for 14 days or until a request from the hotel is made to release, and that most hotels do this as a matter of course two to three days after a stay. Hotel said they don't ask for the release, the bank will do that after 14 days! So if you stay with them I would suggest that as you leave, request that they ask the bank to release your bond as they don't have an automatic 'system' that facillitates this like every other place most people have stayed in would know.

Room Tip: Ask if the a/c, phone and TV are working! as you book in. Ask for your bond back as you leave.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Adina Apartment H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear Johnwalked,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest.

We understand that you experienced some issues with getting your $100.00 bond back and would like to sincerely apologise for the delay in getting the funds released and the miscommunication which happened with your bank. I can assure you that this has been followed up with the team to avoid any future confusions and delays.

On a positive note, we are glad that you liked the hotel location and the facilities surrounding the hotel.

Once again, we appreciate your constructive feedback and wish you well for all future endeavours.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

Me and my husband stayed here for 2 nights over the long weekend. The apartment was great, very spacious and good location to the shops. The noise however is unbearable, I wish I brought earplugs, both nights were terrible. We got 3 hours sleep total. The walls are paper thin and I dont think the windows or glass door is double glazed. We could hear every conversation the people next door to us were having. We compained to reception 3 times and of course nothing happened so I went to them and asked them to be quiet. If you want a peacefull sleep I suggest you go else where or bring heavy duty ear plugs.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Adina Apartment H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear Theresa_nicols,

Thank you for taking the time out and providing us with your valuable comments on your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest.

We apologise that you did not have a good night sleep due to noisy neighbours. I have followed up with my night team to ensure that the correct procedure is followed in case of noise complaints to ensure guest comfort is not compromised at any given time.

Many apologies once again and thank you for your feedback.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

I just stayed at the Adina Norwest for a couple of days last week. The hotel was great. A different room layout for my executive suite with a touch of class. It looks very european. Close to a few restaurants by the lake, which I had the chance to enjoy. Will stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Adina Apartment H, General Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
Dear Maurorisch,

Thank you for taking the time out and giving us your feedback about your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest.

We are glad you liked the hotel, its facilities, location and the friendly service offered by our team.

We wish you well and look forward to see you soon.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

Stayed here for one night on business and was happy with the experience. The hotel was literally brand new as I was staying on opening night. So the smell of fresh paint was a little overpowering, but I'm sure that's fine now.

Located in the Norwest Business Park, it is ideal if you are in the area on business and is just a short walk from some very good dining options.

The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Some early teething problems like a non-working tv and no milk for tea/coffee didn't bother me.

The shower is a standout and by far the best I've experienced in a hotel. Would go back again just for that!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Adina Apartment H, Manager at Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
Dear Yadekul,

Thank you for taking your time out and giving us the feedback on your recent stay at Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest.

As it has been a month now since we opened doors, I can assure you that the paint smell has curtailed, the TV works just fine and there is milk provided in the fridge for tea/coffee making facilities.

Also, I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the shower in your bathroom and it added great value to your overall experience.

Yadekul, once again thank your very much for your comments and we look forward to see you again in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Been to Adina Apartment Hotel Norwest? Share your experiences!