“Wonderful staff and hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Sydney Norwest

Save Saved
You added Novotel Sydney Norwest to your Saves list
Novotel Sydney Norwest
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Columbia Court, Baulkham Hills, The Hills Shire, New South Wales 2153, Australia (Formerly Crowne Plaza Norwest Sydney)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Baulkham Hills
Sydney
“Wonderful staff and hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013 via mobile

The time I emailed them for a booking, our journey started to be a guest at Crowne Plaza Norwest Sydney. I am international traveller and stay at many hotels in the world. This Crowne Plaza has some thing over and above what a customer expect. From reception staff to housekeeping till restaurant staff, every one of them will ask "Can I assst you" and willing to step up to meet your expectation. jay, Chantelle, Natasha, etc are great assets of the hotel. Room cleaners are so polite and well manners is surprising. Must say High caliber staff in the hotel. Plenty to eat at bReakfast and free Internet at ground floor is add on. No need to look further if you are in the area. Abir at the breakfast will make your day.

Stayed November 2013

112 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Wollongong, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a couple of nights recently on a business trip in the Norwest precinct. I found the reception staff to be polite and friendly and the service was good. The room was quite spacious and well appointed. The bed was king-size and comfortable. There was a mini bar and large screen TV, Some of the room decor is showing signs of age and wear and tear.
The hotel offers an onsite restaurant with a nice and interesting menu selection. There is also a lounge bar that offers additional food, I tried the New York pizza and a couple of beers from Whispers bar and was very pleasantly surprised.
The hotel also offers a quite large outdoor swimming pool and plenty of uncovered parking.
I would use and recommend this hotel for shorter or business stays if visiting the area of Sydney. It is not a luxury hotel by any means but quite adequate and pleasant.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have a small balcony so you should consider making an inquiry when booking if you...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Stephen C,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We are so glad you liked the friendliness of our staff and our on-site hotel restaurant. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible. We also apologize for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done. Thank you for staying and we all hope to have an opportunity to serve you again on your next future visit.

Anthony M
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2013

We came to Sydney from Adelaide to visit & stay with family. After all this went pear shaped, we decided to do a last minute check in at the Crowne Plaza. We were greated by the very friendly & helpful bellman, who turned out to be the General Manager. He was so kind to my very tired 2 year old & made us feel almost like family. Check in staff were great & friendly, we decided to have room service for dinner, of which the gentleman on the phone whilst ordering & the delivery guy were super friendly. The room service took the exact time they said it would. The beds were so comfortable & the rooms were nicely presented. We headed down to the restaurant for breakfast, where again we saw the GM. The staff at breakfast were great, they even arranged a babycino for my daughter whilst hubby & I were having a coffee. The GM and all staff made us feel so welcome & important. I would definately recommend this hotel & will be staying again in future.

• Stayed November 2013
Newcastle, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

I am a member of IHG and have been really happy with the service in crown plaza Melbourne and Canberra. I stayed at Crown Plaza Norwest 2 days back and felt like I was burden on the front staff, firstly as I walked in I never got greeted, no smile on his face and he just looked at his screen and printed out this paper and asked me to sign at the bottom of it. Secondly I never got told that he is holding up an amount of $200 from my bank account which never happened to me in Melbourne or Canberra. When I was in Canberra crown plaza they didn't even charge me on my card till I checked out. Being a privilege member I am suppose to get a morning newspaper which I didn't receive and lifts are soo slow and it feels like I will be stuck in it.

Every time I approached front reception I never saw one person had a smile on their face...very sad and I am never going back again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear TJ S,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. Please allow us to apologize for the service you encountered and the issues you had with our check-in policy did not live up to your expectations. We also apologize we were not able to honor your IHG Rewards Club perks and our Elevator services was less than satisfactory. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and guest services are superior and strive to be the best hotel around. For that reason, the comments are troubling and will certainly be looked into. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Let me start this review by saying that my company makes me stay here, unless you are forced to stay here by employer or you need to stay at this location for god sake please do look for many other alternatives available in this area.

Everything in this place is adequate, there is nothing that stands out either good or bad. Rooms are adequate for a night or two of sleep and so is the bed available in them. The hotel is well maintained and fairly clean but watch out not to leave your dirty clothes in a bag in the corner as they will throw that into rubbish for some reason, I guess they are just over enthusiastic.

I do have constant issues with the temperature in the colder months of the year, if management reads this please do put some more blankets in the rooms for travelers from warmer climates. I dread heaving to sleep here in the winter months.

Location is just terrible, in the middle of the worse part of Sydney. If you have to stay in this area try Parramatta at least you can get a good meal there.

If you want to eat here, your only real option is a restaurant downstairs, which is overpriced and sadly missing on a flavor. Compensating for this, service is very decent and they try to make up for a dismal meal you are about to receive.

Area around the hotel has been built up over the past few years so there is a hope that good place to eat will pop around the corner but I would not be holding my breath.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear Miseryolo,

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. Thank you for bringing this into our attention as the feedback we receive from our guests like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to improve our guest services.

Krysllin G.
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

Stayed few times now on business trip from Canada.

Location to suit business needs.

Front desk staff very friendly and helpful.

Spacious and very clean rooms with comfortable beds and high quality linen.

Free Internet at ground floor.

Vero good quality breakfast with huge variety.

Will come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Nundle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We had a relaxing and very comfortable stay. We were in an accessible room which was well suited to our needs. The bathroom was excellent for our purpose and the bed was large and comfortable so we had excellent sleep each night. Its location was great and was easy to get to and also easy to get to our various meeting and gatherings. The staff were welcoming and friendly, and were very helpful and efficient.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaNorwest, Director of Sales at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Afternoon Jim,

Thank you very much for spending the time to publish a review of the hotel on TripAdivisor we appreciate the outline of the positives from your stay and look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the near future.

I think I remember seeing you and your wife during your stay.

Kind Regards,
Ben Jamieson
Sales and Marketing Manager

Been to Novotel Sydney Norwest? Share your experiences!