The initial impression of this property were underwhelming. Admittedly it was Good Friday, and the parking lot was pretty empty (hence low occupancy? and I did hear the receptionist telling a colleague that as all guests had checked in before 5pm, there was little to do) As a platinum member, there was NO recognition of status, or any amenities offered. When questioned on something as simple as a bottle of water, was told there were some in the mini bar - available at cost (and like all mini bars, you could buy case for this amount) Wi-Fi was free in the lobby but pay in the room (forget the exact price but either $25 or $30 per 24 hour period) And that makes no sense - anyone can walk in and sit in the lobby and use the service, but paying guests in their room are charged! Breakfast is a buffet at $25 or $30 (again did not use, so not exactly sure of price) But from the large number of tour buses using this hotel - I m sure that this is their primary target group, and as long as the tour opertor is happy, the hotel is happy. If you stay here, because it is convenient for a place you have to be, then I can recommend the Coffee Club which is on the other side of the round about, reasonable, good and convenient. The beds were softer than I like (but this is personal preference) so some may like it. The Seats in the room were 2 very hard upright desk chairs, which were extreemly uncomfortable to sit on. NO lounge chair, you had to go to the lobby if you wish to be comfortable and read. Mind you the lighting was poor and only from perimeter lamps, so reading was not easy. The space in the bathroom vanity was minimal.
The soundproofing and curtains in the room were excellent, and kept out light and traffic noise..
If you have to be in the area, then I guess this hotel is a consideration, but it certainly does not qualify as a Crown Plaza in my opinion - maybe just a holiday inn Express!
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Norwest Sydney Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Norwest Sydney Hotel Baulkham Hills
- Crowne Plaza Baulkham Hills
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located in the heart of the fastest growing business community in Sydney, and only 40 minutes from the Sydney CBD and only 15 minutes from Parramatta, Crowne Plaza Norwest offers you the best of both worlds. With the peace and tranquility of landscaped gardens and beautiful outdoor settings, coupled with our understanding of the needs of today's businesses, Crowne Plaza Norwest offers the perfect balance for corporate business and leisure travellers. Offering 132 superbly appointed rooms including Executive Spa rooms and Balcony King rooms. All rooms featuring king sized beds, tea & coffee making facilities, work desk, high speed internet access, in-room safe, ironing facilities, and cable television with pay per view movie. Hotel facilities include outdoor lap swimming pool, gym, restaurant and bar as well as conferencing facilities catering for up to 300 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Venere and Otel so you can book your Crowne Plaza Norwest Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.