“Crowne Plaze Norwest” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Novotel Sydney Norwest

You added Novotel Sydney Norwest to your Saves list
Novotel Sydney Norwest
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Columbia Court, Baulkham Hills, The Hills Shire, New South Wales 2153, Australia (Formerly Crowne Plaza Norwest Sydney)   |
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Baulkham Hills
Perth, Australia
“Crowne Plaze Norwest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

I'm in my 4th week of a business trip, staying at the Crowne Plaze Norwest. Staying here has been a very pleasant experience. It is a very well run establishment, the rooms and public areas are clean and spacious, with plenty of room to work and to relax. Dining is excellent, the room service is timely and the standar is very good. The courtesy coach to the nearby business park is particularly handy. The staff are fiendly and very helpful. I will be staying here again and recommend this hotel to anyone travelling for business in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaNorwest, Director of Sales at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Hello Mark,

The hotel really appreciates your comments. Thank you also for the time taken to have a chat with us about all facets of your stay. A pleasure to have you at the hotel.

We hope for your sake that you are able to complete this install and get back to spending some time at home.

Ben

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

I have only stay at this hotel once burt I found it to be a lovely place to stay. I was going to a confrence and it was very close by the hotel and there was a shopping mall right around the corner so I had every at hand.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
Hello Mark C,

Thank you very much for taking the time to add your great experience at the hotel. The area around the hotel facilitates all guest needs as you stated. We look to continue to develop our guest experience and thank you for your feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

I have to stay here when traveling as my employer has a deal with the hotel. Most visits have been ok, but this week the standards have dropped noticeably. There was only 1 staff member on the desk when I arrived and the lady checking in before me was having problems with her credit card working. I reckon I stood there for over 5 minutes with no acknowledgement from the reception staff member, even though she clearly saw me waiting. Just a simple "Hello Sir, I won't be long" would have sufficed. But no, not even a smile from this sad looking employee.
It got worse as my Double bed was actually 2 singles pushed together. Aircon was faulty, water pressure in shower was all over the place. Pillows were too soft and I actually woke up with a sore neck.
I hope it improves before I am forced to stay there again :(

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, Director of Sales at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Hello Domoliscious,

I appreciate your feedback of the hotel and we will be looking into the problems found during your stay.

As stated when you have a company which feels they are looking after their employees. The standard shoud be higher than what we were able to produce for your stay.

Do you have a preference for pillow type? I can have this added to your profile to add a different pillow to your room.

Please contact myself on smm@crowneplazanorwest.com.au should you wish for me to have this pillow option registered on your profile.

Travelers are raving about these Baulkham Hills hotels

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel whilst on business in West Sydney. It is a very well run establishment and I highly reccommend it, both for business and leisure. The rooms are well presented, clean and spacious. There is room to work and also relax. Bathrooms are spacious and clean too. The restaurant is adequate and the breakfast is better than most other equivalent hotels. Staff are friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Hello howards2010,

Thank you for your time in posting your review of the hotel on Trip Advisor. I was glad to read that the hotel had managed to look after your needs and indeed make you feel that the hotel was of high standards compared to other Crowne Plaza Hotels.

We spend alot of time on getting the little things right and appreciate you noticing these.

I look forward to being able to welcome you back again in the near future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Since we were visiting relatives living in Bulkum hills of Sydney, we stayed a few nights at the crowne plaza norwest. This is not the usual tourist accommodation, but serves as a business hotel for the many corporate headquarters located in the area.
It’s a pretty basic, with a staff that’s not particularly friendly. There are no privileges for elite priority members, they did not offer free Internet for all who sign up with the program. The rooms are a good size, but not great in the organizational department. Also, it was not very clean, with mold growing around the bathtub. The bed was OK – not great. The fitness room is a joke, and the restaurant service is terrible. But on positive note the breakfast buffet is very nice, with good quality fresh food.

Room Tip: pool view room
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
CrownePlazaNorwest, Director of Sales at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Hello PeterF,

Appreciate your feedback on the hotel with relation to our service and cleanliness.

We have a focus on both of these areas at the hotel, as they are what allows a guest stay to move from good to great. For your stay we have not met our standards, for that I apologise. We are continuing to give feedback to our staff at the hotel and we will continue to strive to increase all facets of customer service and cleanliness.

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast buffet which is also available for Brunch on Sundays with a couple of extra dishes.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Hotel rooms are small and bathroom is no more than a 3 star, old and tarnished look.
Service was ok nothing special. I would not stay again unless I had no other choice.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Hello Traveladybeetle,

Sorry about your experience at the hotel, with comparison of room size we are above the average in Sydney and all of our rooms have King Beds.

Appreciate the feedback, I have noticed a couple of your other reviews and perhaps feel that for our price and star rating we would indeed be a good option for all travellers.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stayed with another colleague at this hotel for the first time. The pluses are that if you need to be at the Baulkham hills business park, it is right there at it, while the rooms are ok, both clean and quiet (being in a business park, the views are necessarily of either a main road or the hotel parking lot). Otherwise, it is not worth it. Reception had trouble booking in and also could not order a taxi to visit the nearby area because no taxi wanted the job (this seemed no surprise to the staff, which made me wonder why we went through the exercise of asking the front desk to book a cab and then waiting 15 minutes for it not to turn up, periodically checking with staff to see where the cab was). The biggest trouble was the breakfast, which was overpriced and with amongst the worst service of any hotel I have stayed at. Staff walked past continually until I got up and stopped one to put in an order. Then I saw the breakfast sit at the kitchen counter for minutes until I got up and got it myself. Talking to another guest who said he stayed there regularly, he pointed me in the direction of a good, inexpensive cafe within short walking distance. My strong recommendation is to avoid this hotel and stay at one either in Parramatta, which is a shortish commute, or the city, which is a long commute.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CrownePlazaNorwest, Director of Sales at Novotel Sydney Norwest, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Good afternoon AusBusinessTrav,

The hotel appreciates your feedback of a stay at our hotel. The hotel prides itself on cleanliness and great customer service for our guests, we obviously did not produce on the latter and we will look into why this may be the case during your stay.

There are lots of pluses with our location and as with previous reviews they have found our customers service of a very high standard. Thank you for your feedback and should you wish to further discuss this please email me on smm@crowneplazanorwest.com.au .

Ben

Been to Novotel Sydney Norwest? Share your experiences!