“What an experience...” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Sydney
“What an experience...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I had such a bad day at work but this dinner changed everything. What a treat. That hanging steak was the best thing I had in a long time. Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
“Bustling restaurant serving fantastic food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Attended 'Our Place' for dinner on a Saturday night.

Food was delicious! Stands out where:

The scallops with black pudding, Pork Belly (beautiful crackling!). I loved the dessert! We had the honeycomb cheese cake with lemon curd. The cheese cake was full of flavour and light like mousse. Also loved the presentation of the cappuccino semi freddo.... it was served in a coffee cup with saucer to look exactly like a cappuccino! It satisfied my dessert and coffee craving in one hit!

The only thing to note is that the food may take a while to come out when it is busy. We arrived at 7:30pm and by 8:30pm we had only finished our entrees. By the time we finished dessert it was 9:30pm.

The place is also 'bustling' and bursting with action, so don't expect a quiet one. We were sitting on the inside and I sat against the wall while my husband sat opposite me where there was a lot of through fare. We ended up dragging the table and his chair closer to me as every person walking past was brushing or hitting against him.

All in all a good night - a great place to dine with mates.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“delicious food and great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

fantastic little cozy restaurant in Balmain, great service! Food was sooo yuuummm! definitely coming back! honestly we had 5 different meals and I can't fault any of them, oh and also - wine selection was top of the range! we had a child with us - he was entertained with a kids pack and free ice cream once he finished his meal :)

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
South Australia
“"Our Place", What a Darling!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My wife and I were taken to Our Place by our daughter-in-law's sister and her 2 children on a balmy evening and dined at an outdoor table. The meals were delicious and just as importantly, the service was friendly and efficient. In fact, we did not have a better meal during our week long stay in Sydney!

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Forster, Australia
“Sensational dining experience ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I was in Sydney for one night and Our place came highly recommended by a friend. I was not disappointed. The service was sensational and friendly, the atmosphere was relaxed and the food was second to none. I will recommend this place to anyone. It's an absolute gem!