“Great Food and Excellent Service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Sydney, Australia
“Great Food and Excellent Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

Berlin is a favourite. The cakes are exceptional and they make the best Chai Latte and Hot Chocolates on the Peninsula. The service is always great. I remember an occassion I started in another cafe in Balmain one day, waited 45mins for an order only to walk out as I had to get somewhere with my kids. Straight to Berlin where the order was filled in 5 mins. Have been a fan ever since.

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Disappointing for a cafe that looks so good from the outside”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

I went here for brunch early on a Saturday. The food was ok but I was mostly disappointed with the service. The waitresses spoke loudly about my "special" latte request, as if I was not in hearing distance, I felt it was disrespectful. Also the tables did not seem very clean and I was served a dirty glass.

I am a local to this area and had been intrigued by the look of this cafe, they have lots of yummy hand made delicacies on offer. But I'm afraid the service was just too disrespectful for me to go back there again.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney Australia
“Love the food, love it all”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2011

My husband and I just make a beeline for the Berline Cafe every time we go to Balmain. The food is fabulous, the cakes and desserts are devine, all home made and delicious. The staff are very friendly and the service is quick. Just to sit there over a coffee and a chat is so relaxing. I would recommend this place to everyone.

• Visited March 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Sydney, Australia
“Mouth-watering cakes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I love this cafe, the food is fantastic, especially the cakes, I want to try them all but I can't go past the banana cake. Great value, always friendly service. The only downside is when all the Balmain mum's try and squeeze their huge prams in the small shop.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Awesome for breakfast. Try the waffles.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2008

Awesome for breakfast. Try the waffles.