“Never changes” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
“Never changes”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

The location is stunning. Right on the harbours edge. Beautiful scenery. The owners are delightful, welcoming and very freindly.The food however is average and always has been. My husband and I have been visting Pellgrinis for over 12 years and the place never changes. In a way thats what makes it enjoyable, you go along knowing excatly what your going to get at very affordable prices. The location far outweighs the averge food. Plus it is BYO which makes it a little better.

Visited December 2012

“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

I was a little wary of going here are reading the reviews but the food and service was great. It's a wonderful spot with a great view. The interior of the restaurant is a bit tired and could do with a makeover, but sitting outside is lovely and we found it great value for money.

Sydney, Australia
“If you haven't been. YOU MUST!!!! It's the best of the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

My title should say it all! I have been going to this Restaurent since 2009. I love my seafood and I am very very fussy with how it's cooked, Pallegrinis is the only Restaurent (seafood) that I have been to that I have never been disappointed.

I've been there so many times that the owners already know my order! Yes can't go past platter for 2! My last visit was 11/01/13 and yes the food is still mouth watering.

The location breathtaking - waters of balmain, views of Birkenhead point, there are also nice small cost houseboats that you will see. At night it's very romantic and intimate.

Food - absolutely to perfection and like I said I am fussy with my food. I have taken my family, mrs, friends and work colleagues and they have all liked it. Platter for 2 is terrific. When I took the family they tried sepwrate fish meals and all were happy with their meals.

Service - if you want a service where the waiter is down to earth and treats you like a usual customer then this is the place! The husband works the tables and the wife is at reception. Their service is terrific and I have seen this always when I'm there. Not just to me but great service to whoever walks in.

Price - for the location and great taste, it's actually pretty cheap and affordable.
IT IS BYO alcohol so don't forget to bring the bottle of wine.

Strongly recommend this place!!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Fabulous location, reasonable food, great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Getting a table right on the water was an instant bonus. The views are simply sublime and a passing storm added to the spectacular outlook. The food isn't five star, but it's more than adequate. The service is family style friendly yet still professional; we enjoyed some fun banter with our waiter that added to the experience. If you're looking for fine dining, go somewhere else. If you like the idea of good food at pretty much as close to the water as you can get, give it a try. Just don't go with the expectation that the food will match the view.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Sydney
“Personal service, great food, first class views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Friday night at Pelligrini's Cafe turned out to be excellent. The views over Cockatoo Island and as far as the Gladesville bridge are fantastic. Night views included the North Sydney skyline, and you can sit RIGHT on the edge of the water.
We were treated like old friends from the moment we walked in and the service was unobtrusive, with a sense of humour. The food was honest, delicious cuisine - we had the steak and the John Dory fish fillet. Desert was lovely, not over-sized. My only two criticism would be the coffee (not quite up to scratch) and the garlic bread (a bit dry, which I suppose was better for the waistline!)

The venue is just charming - right next to the Balmain West ferry stop - and we could watch the water-taxi's, the party boat, and a huge storm in the distance. This time we were there on a discount voucher. But we'll be back as full-paying customers.

• Visited September 2012