“Reliably good” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Sydney, Australia
“Reliably good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

We have been eating lunch at Nood for years on a regular basis and totally agree with the previous two reviewers. It is good food and good value. Lunch is $9.50 a dish (unless you have seafood) only recently up from $8.50. There are tables for four as well as longer tables. Mos of the seating is stools, but there are some chairs available and there is a banquette down one wall.

It is BYO only - which is wonderful. They always bring a bottle of cold water and glasses as soon as you sit down. Nice.

We often take our grand-daughter, now 4, and the staff are delightful with her, always making sure she has a plastic glass and not being concerned when she makes a mess.

We haven't eaten there for dinner, which is a more extensive menu, but after reading LJBUk's dinner review, we'll give it a go.

• Visited December 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sydney
“Great value, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2011

Great food with great value. Authentic taste of Thailand.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Grimsby, United Kingdom
“Some of the best Thai food I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2010

I lived in Thailand for 7 months last year, so I know what I'm talking about when I say, this is some of the best Thai food I've ever had.

Dishes are flavoursome and reasonably priced at $14-18 per main (dinner).

Had the crispy fish cashew+chilli stir-fry... divine-- mushrooms and onions had that 'chargrilled' taste and the fish was light on batter, with just the right amount of bite, as well as the penang chicken- rich in flavour without being oily.

The garlic rice shone for me, too, as did the duck salad. The fishcakes are very jelly-like (as thai fishcakes tend to be) - I'm not usually a fan, but these were some of the best I've eaten.

The bill was around $48 for two people on a Sunday night - including 2x starters, a curry, a stir-fry and rice. Definitely reasonable for Sydney.

Highly recommended. I've been twice now and cannot fault it at all.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere