“Great night out” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Great night out”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Went to this place with a group of friends, loved it from the sandstone walls, sumptuous atmosphere and exciting, adventurous food.
Highly recommend, will be double dating next time with the parents.
Chris and sandy

• Visited June 2014

Sydney, Australia
“Deliciously delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

The service was friendly and at tentative but never intrusive. The ambiance was relaxed and warm, with stone walls and candle lit tables.

To start we had empanadas, beef carpaccio and the roasted bone marrow bruschetta which was a unique way to have bruschetta, but definitely memorable and equally as delicious.

For mains, we had the crispy skin king salmon, confit pork belly and braised lamb breast, we coudln't decide which was the winner, but I had the lamb which was extremely flavoursome.

At this point in the meal, we were already quite full, but our sweet tooth's got the best of us, the creme brule was delectable while the churros with dulce de leche were off this planet, you'll die happy knowing that you ate them.

Overall, it was a wonderful experience and I would definitely go back again!

• Visited June 2014
Sydney
“Good Spanish cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I was looking forward to my dinner as I researched the place days in advance. At the time it was #1 in Balmain.

Well, It was good. Not great, but good. My appetizers were great but tiny. My sides were generic and huge. My lamb was delicious but fatty. Maybe I'm just not cut out for this cuisine. Still, I don't understand why this place was rated #1 in the whole town.

The waitress was nice, but every time I said "thank you", she would say "that's ok". I felt like I was constantly doing something wrong. I'm from they US, so it could have been a cultural thing.

I would still recommend this place. It's unique and has great ambiance. We need more restaurants like this. Just lower your expectations. Hence, 4 out of 5.

Berkeley
“Food are pretty good but service is putting me off”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The food was good, some are great some are good. In terms of food, nothing is bad. However I didn't have very good experince.

I came in with my partner and we were seated. the waitress was nice but I didn’t feel her friendless. She looks a bit stressed. She talked and moved fast. Anyway, we were seated next to a family who was obviously visiting from overseas. The waitress quickly explained the menu and we finished our order. While we were waiting for our food, waitress A served soup to the next table and explained to them what it was. I was aware that she was explaining the soup but I couldn’t hear what she was saying. And then, the soup came to our table. It was a complimentary (free) dish. But the waitress just dropped the food and left (I wouldn’t even say she served), without telling us what it is.

We had pickled saffron scallops with salmorejo & basil oil. It was very light and fresh. Then we hadpan-fried calamari with poached pear & spanish morcilla. This was my most favourite dish that day. For main, we ordered char grilled angus sirloin. It was over-cooked. A bit chewy and definitely not juicy enough. I was very sad because I was expecting a good steak. At this point, I suddenly realised that the waitress didn’t ask us how we wanted our sirloin to be cooked....
The pork-belly dish was great, and the desserts were good too (churros with dulce de leche and crème brulee tart).

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Sydney, Australia
“Flawless!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

This place is an absolute gem. The food, service and ambience are all perfect. It's a restaurant not only worth visiting if your in balmain but worth travelling to from anywhere in sydney. The bone marrow is one of the best dishes I've ever eaten. See you soon guys!!

• Visited May 2014