“Peaceful holiday in Miami away from the crowd” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
New Delhi, India
“Peaceful holiday in Miami away from the crowd”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Ramada Marco Polo is an old and well known property on North Beach. It is quite far from South Beach area where all the action is. So, if you are looking for a property close to nightclubs and shopping areas, then this is not the place. On the other hand, if you are looking for a quiet holiday on the beach for couples and families, then this is a nice choice for the price. Its value for money. There is beach access from the hotel. In the month of June, beaches in Miami is full of sea weeds lining the shore, which was quite an irritant. This problem is with the entire stretch of beach both in North and South Miami - More in North Miami. The pool though small is good. For beach chairs with umbrellas, you need to pay extra as that is outsourced and they are laid out in the evenings on the beach. There is free wifi in the lobby. There is tea/coffee maker in the room, microwave and cups and plates. There are no restaurants nearby. Late night room service also is a problem. The buffet breakfast is ok. There is a small pizza joint in the lower ground floor of the hotel itself and you can have hot pizzas made to your choice. It is worth booking a beach/Ocean view room to enjoy the place. You can also book guided city tours from the Travel desk situated in the lobby. During weekdays, the hotel has low occupancy. But on weekends there are lot of people staying there. The bus stop for local transport is right in front of the hotel. It takes around 45 minutes to reach South Beach from the hotel.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

In my opinion this hotel was very nice. The beach was very easily accessible, the pool was a good size and the kiddie pool was nice. I love how diverse the hotel was as well, nice seeing a lot of different cultured Hispanic people. It was a great experience. The housekeepers were very nice and helpful cleaned around us on our last day because we didn't get out the room before she arrived. The towel situation was weird but they did always bring us the towels whenever we called. To my bartender Jeff you're the man thank you for telling my sister & I about the hot spots. I would love to return to this hotel.

Manchester, New Hampshire, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Pros: Love the access to the beach and pool. Love the staff being a Hispanic love that they could speak in my language. All the reviews about the towels is true most days had to call to get them. I am not sure why they kept doing that but ultimately we did receive them when we asked for them. This was my first trip to Miami in 35 yrs and enjoyed the weather.

Cons: Valet parking this hotel does not have their own parking. As long as you called ahead of time they would have your car almost ready when you went down.
The biggest disappointment about the valet parking was checking out 8/15/14. I called ahead to have the car ready at 8:30 am since I was traveling to the airport for my flight. It was 8:40 am when they called me to let me know one of their valet attendant crashed into my rental scraping the driver door and breaking driver side mirror. It was kind of scary driving that way to the airport prayed I didn't get stopped by the cops. Needless to say it caused a snowball effect on my trip back home. The delay they caused had me running to catch my flight on time. If I ever stay there again will not rent a car everything is within walking distance and the cabs are cheap to get to places that are close by.

Room Tip: Partial ocean view rooms do not have a balcony. When I booked the room it said there was one but sup...
huntingtinton beach
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

I've stayed here twice. First time not facing ocean and the room was horrible...too many things I could say bad about it. This time I got an ocean facing room and everything was great. The room was spacious, comfortable and had great amenities including a large refrigerator. The staff was helpful and quick except for the front desk was was again, not helpful or polite. Housekeeping, maintenance, and bar staff was awesome. The room was cleaned well although I suggest having slippers. The patio chairs were comfy and the gym was great! Again, this is all at budget hotel rates. A great deal overall.

Room Tip: Get an ocean front room no matter what. Left side of building is good.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Manalapan, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Pros: The hotel is perfectly situated on the beach with easy access. Quick access to and from either airport. Good pool size. Readily available beach towels until 6pm. Room has full size fridge and small stove with toaster, microwave, utensils, and a few plates and bowls. Easily switched to a room with a balcony with no problems. Free shuttle to Aventura mall/public bus stop is right in front of the entrance to the hotel. About 10 minute walk to large grocery store.

Cons: Poor cleaning service; maid came at different times everyday and one day wasn't finished cleaning until 5pm. Some days we did not receive new towels and had to beg for them in the lobby with a long wait time. The balcony door was a struggle to open and close and required a strong man to do this job. Not a lot of lighting in the room with missing bulbs.

The most disturbing point was the pool security and pool staff service. There are very confusing requirements to enter the pool area. On some days it enough to say your room number, others days room number and last name, and other days that's not good enough to receive the pool access bracelet. The security required some sort of ID which as a hotel guest you do not receive at check-in, we had to fight our way in with varying degrees of success. TIP-once you get the bracelet do not take it off and just change it to the new one the next day to avoid any problems! Almost all the pool staff is extremely rude. In the scorching miami sun an umbrella is very necessary. To receive an umbrella we were redirected to different people and had to ask multiple times to finally put one up. They were not very happy about doing it. At the pool side bar we encountered one short-haired bartender woman who was purposely very nasty. It was hard to get a cup of ice without having rude comments said about you and she was making a big deal about the location of the bar chairs. Also, getting back to the lobby without a shirt was a whole other problem.

No available public tennis courts in the area.

***Not all the rooms were created equally

Plant City, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Reserved online and saw that there was a $13 a day resort fee which I thought was included in our rate...which it wasn't. We try to pull in the circle drive and it is so unorganized and congested, people blocking people in. Then I get to the front desk and they were talking to each other and acted as if I disrupting them, so we finally are getting ready to pay and then they notify me that they are now adding on the $13 resort fee AND $18 to park....so I let them know that we wouldn't be staying there, they didn't apologize for any inconvenience...they just went on their way and I went on mine.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Boston
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

We stayed for a long weekend in August to meet up with friends who were staying nearby. For the price, it is hard to be too negative about the Ramada Marco Polo. Our room rate was an average of $119 over the course of four nights. On top of the room rate, however, we had to pay $18 per night for valet parking (seemingly required) plus a $13 per night/per room "resort fee" to cover the cost of the "amenities."

It is easy to be negative about the "frozen in time" interior decor, with mirrors wherever one looks, the classic banquet chairs in the dining room, and the worn fixtures and furnishings. Our room was very large (we did not choose the balcony room) with a microwave where I believe a range once existed and, inexplicably, a full size double door refrigerator/freezer. The biggest plus - we found it to be very clean. Housekeeping did a great job. The pool area was clean and orderly. Beach chairs were placed carefully. Dining room and buffet was fine.

If you were booked somewhere else and they moved you, or you thought you were going to stay at one of Donald Trump's properties for $99, it is easy to be disappointed. But, the next time we are looking for a value vacation where it is OK to ride up the elevator with a bag of lunch and breakfast groceries, we would consider the Marco Polo.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!