“Great place terrible services ” 3 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   19201 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
“Great place terrible services ”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 4th of july. The place was exellent very nice well located and very clean.
The front desk was very nice and personal in general too,but i think the hotel need to impruve a lot. The hotel is located in a turistic place so should have activities at night. The music stop at 9:00pm the bar close the day before 4th of jyly at 6:00pm we are in soccer world cup quarter finals and every one wants to see it and only small tv inside the small bar was showing the game. After the firework show we went to the pool to talk and a secutiyy went there and told us that we need to muve on because the pool was close and if we want to talk need go to the lobbie so we went to this hotel to enjoy the ocean view not to sit in a mediocre lobbie. Ill been in beach hotels in manny places but just because i live in Miami never rent one here but now i know that if we want to be a tutistic destination is not enought with a beautiful city with a lot of restaurant and night clubs the hotels need impruve a lot, because the hotel is the must important thing in your vaccation and must to have options for thoose guess that wants to stay in the hotel and not going out specials if theese place hass a lot of potential like this one

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
  • Polish first
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I was there on business. I arrived and was ushered out of my car by a non-english speaking valet. I asked if there was somewhere else to park myself to avoid the large fee, and was told he didnt speak english. I parked my car to the side and unloaded my bags with NO help from the 5 valets standing around. I went ahead and checked the car. I was checked in to the hotel by a complacent, personality free man. I explained the credit card used to book the room was from my company, and did not have the card, so I was asked to put down $50 cash. I asked him specifically if i would get my $50 back and he said yes. He had me sign a paper which stated a resort fee. I asked again about my deposit and was told this fee would be charged to the card that booked the room, when I checked out. The room was dirty, with old gross appliances. Obviously had new but filthy wooden floors and paint, but old furniture and the beds were damp. The AC either blew ice cold or hot. I took a trip down to the pool/ocean view. I had to go UNDER the hotel through a damp, smelly, alley like feeling hallway to get to the pool. The view was pretty. That is the best thing about this hotel. Checking out, I was met with a scowl before even opening my mouth. the woman handed me my money back, less the resort fee. I explained the situation, was actually yelled at. She had a manager come over. I was more than nice, explained the check in conversation. The manager walked away, and returned, literally TOSSED my $50 on the counter and walked away. I asked if that was it?! and got no response. I went to the valet to get my car. The stub said specifically, overnight guests' parking would be charged to their room. I assumed to the credit card on file, or would have been asked to pay upon checkout. Since they had my name at the valet at check in and out, i handed him my ticket and waited 30 minutes for my car. As it pulled up, a woman came rushing at me in front of a crowd of people and shouted, "you didn't pay for your car! you didn't pay for your car!" I said, "OK, thats fine, i will pay for it, i'm sorry i thought it was already paid for with the room." "NO LADY! NO! You didnt pay for your car!" I gave her $18, the valet did NOT help me put my bags in my car. I drove away from that place, embarrassed, disgusted and dejected. Would NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Director of Sales at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Sir:

Please accept our sincere apologies. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
We would love to have you back soon and make your experience better.
I will personally make sure that the best and warmest hospitality extended to you and your family . That is how it is supposed to be. Please give us one more opportunity by making your stay the most fun, comfortable and enjoyable.

Looking forward to hearing from you on your future travels,

Best regards,

Tatyana Li
Director of Sales and Marketing
Louisville, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Unfortunately, I chose the "lowest price" option from my options for a business trip. It was (thankfully!) a short, overnight trip. I reference "lowest price" as it appeared to be cheaper in comparison to the other hotels / resorts in the area, but when I arrived and was surprised with an $18 / day valet rate the cost differential was nil.

The room had a full kitchen, but the windows were very thin, which made the sound of the boats' horns signaling to the drawbridge operator to open the bridge resonate through the room. Seemingly every 10 minutes. For at least 4 hours.

The a/c worked well in the room. But, the a/c in the hallway was not able to keep up. Due to this, there was a nice, slimey film on the tile floor by the elevators.

The bathroom was adequate. If you are into cleanliness, it wouldn't be your place of choice as there was some lovely black mold growing in the top corner of the bathtub / shower.

I didn't walk into the restaurant (it appeared closed), but I did get a drink in the bar. The staff was nice, but the bar smelled of sweat and dirty mop water. A drunk at the end of the bar was singing "Jeremy" by Pearl Jam lending a decent ambience. I settled in for a short time sipping my vodka and water, but the cost of the drink (read: it was over $10!) stank worse than the facility.

I sought to find a restaurant in close proximity, but nothing was within a mile or so. So, if you like to walk to find food this is not your place.

Okay, yes, it's on the beach. If you need a place to stay on the beach and don't need rest for a busy work day, then it's perfect.

If you plan to cook your own meals and have a car and don't mind paying for valet, it's excellent. However, getting to a place to buy food to cook might be difficult without a car, and that will require multiple tip payments to the valet.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the north side of the hotel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Me and my husband stays for 4 nights in Marco polo ramada plaza hotel in Miami we had a great time comparing to others hotel around this location we get a reasonable price and nice service. And appreciate the hospitality of the front desk lady Nathalie.
Selecting Marco polo hotel is the best choice.
I m yordanos from Ethiopia

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We've heard it a million times-LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION! This hotel is situated in the upscale Sunny Isle portion of North Miami Beach and as a business traveler I have stayed here several times. For about the same price I would pay to stay at a hotel near an airport with no view, I stay here literally right on the beach. After driving all day and working in the hustle and bustle of Miami, I find it quite relaxing to come back to this hotel after a long day. If South Beach is your thing, no worries, it's a short 20 minute drive south. The rooms do vary as they are not all the exact same, some have granite counter tops with a small kitchenette, others have just a fridge depending on what your needs are. With that said, if you're looking for terrific views of the Atlantic, a beautiful swimming pool on the ocean, clean rooms with a friendly and helpful staff look no further.

Room Tip: If you can, Ocean Front is the way to go!
Lakeland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Hospitality is es sentían in this kind of environment and they have got it here. Nathalie is indeed an icon of positivo representation of this particular hotel. Their services is actuales not short of excellence.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Northville, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014

All I can say is that the room beat my expectations. We were booked at another hotel which over booked everyone and sent us to the Ramada which I was a little afraid because I didn't know what to expect, but James at the front desk was so reassuring, helpful, knowledgeable, and funny which made everything so much better and we received a upgrade all I can say is THANKS SO MUCH TO JAMES FOR MAKE A NIGHTMARE A DREAM COME TRUE.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!