“Old rooms, bad front desk personals!! AVOID!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
East Lansing, Michigan
“Old rooms, bad front desk personals!! AVOID!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

If you don't want to make your vacation miserable, please avoid staying in this hotel for even one night. I went there over spring break. Here are why you should avoid this hotel.

1. We waited 20 mins to check in, asked to pay $13 extra each night to use facilities but never been told when we booked online.

2. Rooms are old, bathroom lock was broken. A/C made loud noises.

3. You can hear next door talking.

4. Breakfast is pathetic, limited food items to eat. Bread tastes expired.

5. Front desk is VERY impolite, with attitudes like a high school student, VERY immature.

6. During our stay, water was cut in the morning, I was in the middle of removing my make-up. My BF had to run down and got bottle water so that I can rinse the cleanser off. I had NEVER had this kind of experience from any other hotels.

7. We left a hat there and it's an important gift from my BF. We realized it but we were already at the airport. So we called the hotel and ask them to ship the hat to my address at our cost. The front desk transferred us to housekeeping. The housekeeping lady speaks very poor English. Then she transferred us to the manager's office. We called more than 5 times and left massages. The manager neither replied nor called back. We then called the front desk again to see if they can help us. The front desk even yelled at us and said that it's not their job and tried to transfer us to the housekeeping again.

Room Tip: Just avoid staying in this hotel, that's all.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 19, 2014
Dear Katrina L,

I would like to learn more about your stay. Please contact me directly at pablo@marcopolobeachresort.com

Best regards,

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Riverview, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Turn back the clock when you visit. Beds are lumpy. Rooms barely adequate. Fitness center not as nice as home gyms. Ramada not worth the price. Must use valet parking $18 and then they hit you with a resort fee. Beach very limited. Had to wait 45 minutes for room to be readied and I arrived two hours after check in time. Management rude. Will not stay at this property again. Many tourists.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear majkirk,

We appreciate your feedback.

Regards,

Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights with 2 other buddies of mine from Toronto last week as we received a great price when booking our vacation. The first thing to know is that this hotel is located in the Sunny Isles Area. Two things to note, Sunny Isles is where you have all your 1 million dollar condo's located so it's definitely a nice area to walk around in all parts of the day. Secondly, it's far from Downtown Miami and South Beach. If you take a lot of Taxi's like we had to you will eventually start to get annoyed, but this is not the hotels fault. Just something to consider when booking here... however, if your looking to shop mostly it is located close to Aventura Mall and some other outdoor plazas. Fyi, a taxi one way from the hotel to Ocean Drive in South Beach will cost you around $32-$35 US.

Overall though we had no major complaints of the hotel. Everyone was very friendly from the bellhops to the front concierge. The only fee we were charged was when we had to park our rental car with valet which will cost you $18 a night. At first I thought that was ridiculous but was told by others that hotels in South Beach can charge up to $50 a night for parking. There was also a gym, dry and wet sauna located which was great! We didn't end up buying food at the hotel at night and Continental Breakfast was good enough to get your day started.

If I were to come back to Miami I'd personally pay more to stay in South Beach since that's where all the night life is, but if your a family or older couple simply looking to enjoy the beach and pool and do a little bit of shopping then this hotel will suit you!

Room Tip: Definitely stay in one of the Ocean Front Rooms if you are able to! You will have a great view along...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Piast_PL,

We enjoyed your review! Thank you very much for taking the time to describe and share your experience with us and the TripAdvisor community!

Our very best regards from Sunny Isles Beach,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Our server was great! Her name is Helena. She served our breakfast. It was an amazing experience. She was very polite and catered to all our needs. My family will remember this hotel based on that experience. It was very pleasurable. She was Brazilian.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Nelly12345678910,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback as well as your mention for Helena!

Best regards ,

Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The room was very large, well laid out with nice furniture and a full kitchenette. The hallways and entry doors have seen better days and at times the doors were difficult to close (tight). The breakfast in the morning was a bit skimpy for Ramada standards but it was complimentary so you can't complain. The lower level to the beach had a moldy we smell, I am sure due to the water being so close - WHICH was great. The pool was clean and lots of loungers for everyone. Having umbrellas and loungers on the beach as well was very nice. We did enjoy our time. The small Italian/Pizza shop on the lower level is terrific; we had pizza and spaghetti and enjoy both very much. Nice people there as well.

Room Tip: Rooms with an ocean view for sure!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear DVick,

We appreciate your time writing a review for our property!

Best regards,

Nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

My experience at the Ramada at Marco Polo has been absolutely pleasant! I came down from the cold and frigid state of New York just to relax and find some peace of mind and that's exactly what I got.
Firstly, I was happily surprised when I got to the hotel that I was able to get free breakfast every morning of my stay (which was delicious and wonderful- got a healthy apple & banana with some yogurt, fresh coffee and oatmeal & for my huskier other half he was able to get some sausage and waffles and really enjoyed it. We also received wonderful table service from Stella, who was friendly and very helpful!) I also extremely enjoyed the wonderful pool area, which was large and had plenty of area to find a comfy lounge chair and lounge around- the full bar area was a key asset to the relaxation process as well ;-) after some fun in the sun, it was great to not have to go far with a choice of indoor pizza cafe or my choice of eatery with the poolside grill cafe (grilled chicken, turkey wrap, and grilled tilapia were def my faves)!
I will defiantly, 100%, be coming back to Marco Polo very soon- I had an amazing time and thank you to all the wonderful staff that kept the rooms, lounges, and entire hotel area safe and clean! See you guys soon, very soon!

• Stayed February 2014

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!