“Feeling sunny in the sunshine state” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Nyc
“Feeling sunny in the sunshine state”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

My experience at the Ramada at Marco Polo has been absolutely pleasant! I came down from the cold and frigid state of New York just to relax and find some peace of mind and that's exactly what I got.
Firstly, I was happily surprised when I got to the hotel that I was able to get free breakfast every morning of my stay (which was delicious and wonderful- got a healthy apple & banana with some yogurt, fresh coffee and oatmeal & for my huskier other half he was able to get some sausage and waffles and really enjoyed it. We also received wonderful table service from Stella, who was friendly and very helpful!) I also extremely enjoyed the wonderful pool area, which was large and had plenty of area to find a comfy lounge chair and lounge around- the full bar area was a key asset to the relaxation process as well ;-) after some fun in the sun, it was great to not have to go far with a choice of indoor pizza cafe or my choice of eatery with the poolside grill cafe (grilled chicken, turkey wrap, and grilled tilapia were def my faves)!
I will defiantly, 100%, be coming back to Marco Polo very soon- I had an amazing time and thank you to all the wonderful staff that kept the rooms, lounges, and entire hotel area safe and clean! See you guys soon, very soon!

• Stayed February 2014

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel has definitely known better days. It has a beautiful lobby and there is no better location; it is right on the beach. Has a beautiful pool and the pool staff is efficient and friendly.

We were on the 3rd floor which was a bit smelly (they might have had some type of flood). Room was a good size but it needed some work. It was clean though.

The front office people are not friendly or efficient. At the end of the day, we stayed there on points so it's not so bad. I would have been disappointed if I had paid full price.

Stayed February 2014
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We are staying in a condo at tha marco polo for sometime and we always enjoy our stay, the concierge, the valet service is very nice, but the pool staff have thanks, always smiling, helpfull,
Thanks to you guys kennedi,alix,javializ,ricardo,michael, ronald, ariel keep the good work, will see you soon.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Bellevue, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

My husband and I arrived at 1 in the morning to the Marco Polo Ramada after a long day of traveling. The person at the front counter was grumpy and didn't seem to care about us at all. When we finally got our room (card) key and took it to our room, the door wouldn't open. The deadbolt was locked on the room and the front desk hadn't given us the deadbolt key. We went back down to the front desk. We had to wait in the lobby for 45 minutes until the maintenance person on call finally came and gave us the deadbolt key around 2am. The room was absolutely awful - black mold was in the bathtub and on the bathroom door, the kitchen cupboards were falling apart, and there was evidence of a sloppy drywall repair job. At least our room didn't have bugs crawling on the wall, which is what our traveling companions found when they got to their room. The "Continental Breakfast" served the next morning was toast and oatmeal - that was it. I would highly recommend not staying here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room without black mold growing in it or bugs crawling on the walls - otherwise you are li...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TheresaJoy
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Ocean front, spotless newly decorated room with balcony, breakfast each morning with attentive and seemingly dedicated staff, hotel managers who constantly ask how things are going, newly renovated pool deck with attractive pavers and new lounges, lobby with attractive sitting areas surrounded by waterfalls

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank oceanny
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

My boyfriend had a conference at a nearby hotel, and I decided to tag along. I thought I found a perfect nearby hotel on the beach based on the website, but I was wrong. Being on the beach is the only plus - but even that is a public beach and it's 15/day to rent one beach chair. Other than that, the rooms are old and dirty (I.e, water stains all over, shower nobs disconnected from the wall) and should be completely gutted and redone. elevators were slow as anything, staff were normal but not overly attentive or"at your service" and there's a resort fee of 13/day for things you would assume complimentary (towels by the pool, which were thin and dis colored). Lastly, the air - system must be from the 60s, the room was humid to the point that clothes in my suitcase were turning damp, and it was an ancient nozzle,, you could not tell what temperature it was. Do not recommend and would not go back, I had a hard time staying this time around. Find it impossible to believe this was best ramada hotel in 2013- if so I'm never staying at a ramada again.

Room Tip: Ask if there are any new renovated rooms.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Marenas Beach Resort
#4 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
4.0 of 5 stars 1,052 reviews
Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel Miami
Thunderbird Beach Resort Hotel M...
#8 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
Golden Strand Ocean Villa Resort
#5 of 8 in Sunny Isles Beach
3.5 of 5 stars 238 reviews
Courtyard Miami Aventura Mall

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!