“DONT GO WHEN ITS COLD” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
“DONT GO WHEN ITS COLD”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

hotel has no heat in all the rooms in the winter time. it was 40-50 degrees complained to the guest services was told to get blankets and no refund . dir5ty tub and toilet running all night with dogs barking

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Michigan City, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I have been staying here all week with my friends and I usually go to the beach during the day and hang out during the day then go to the TNT bar at night for beers the past couple of night the bartender name India who's hot! Has been Their and she's really good and has good customer service and made me fell like I was at home. I normally just get drinks but tonight I wanted food and drinks but she said the kitchen was closed at 10pm which was fine so I went down stairs and grabbed pizza but then theirs these ppl a group of them and they ordered food again the kitchen closed at 10 pm it's now 10:20 so some lady manager goes and get the cheft and opended the kitchen back up for those ppl only if the kitchen is closed it's closed!! To everyone! India was by herself I felt bad for her because her own manager didn't care about the fact she's by her self and have a couple of ppl at the bar so she's suppose to become super women now ? But she handle her self well. I'm just upset that if something is closed then it's closed u don't go an re open for others that's why I had to write this compliant never again will I book here at this hotel after I saw what I saw tonight.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience.

Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

My bathroom was old , dilapidated and filthy, with rust around the basin area. The service was non existent and the staff could not be bothered. When I told reception that the ice machine was not working on the 11th floor, and could they send up some ice, I was told to go to the 10th floor. When I asked for gluten free bread, I was told they had none. When I pointed out that I had been given some on the previous day, The waitress, with reluctance, said she would get me some. The manager at reception was rude and unhelpful. On arrival my room was not ready until after 5pm. I had to stand in a 20 minute Queue twice before they agreed to let me know when my room would be ready. I asked to speak to the general manager. You guessed it. He was not available until after I was due to leave.

Room Tip: If you must stay here, avoid room 1117 like the plague!
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback.

USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2014

We recently had a chance to sojourn at the Ramada Marco Polo Beach Resort with extended family and had multiple rooms. These are condominiums rented out under the Ramada umbrella, so the quality and décor vary considerably between rooms, with most being quite dated. One of the rooms had a large live roach in the bathroom (according to the front desk a well known problem due to proximity to the trash chute) and we were reassigned a new room. The hallways are dark and drab, the elevators are slow, the staff for the most part indifferent. Rooms were cleaned at random hours (10 am to 4:30 pm), making planning a little difficult especially with small children. Windows were hazy because the outsides had not been cleaned for some time.
Breakfast was included (if not included or if an extra person in the room it is 14 dollars) and consists of 4 types of processed cereal, oatmeal with brown sugar, frozen bagels, processed white and wheat bread slices, butter, jam, cream cheese, processed small danishes, yoplait yoghurts, hotel waffles, and apples and bananas (although these were often out). For an extra charge they will get you eggs or bacon which were actually not bad.
The pool has been refinished and is now open, but for most of our stay it was closed. No apology was given, although a 13 dollar resort charge per room was waived. In fact the front desk was unhelpful and even tried to charge us the resort fee on departure! The pool deck remains incomplete for now resulting in crowding of the completed part. If you want to sit on a beach chair it will cost you $35 for a couple of chairs and an umbrella. Pool/beach towels are in short supply by the end of the day.
The workout room is pathetic - 2 old treadmills, an outdated stepper and a recumbent bike. Some free weights are also available.
Valet parking is 18 dollars a day and is remarkably efficient, especially if you tip the parking attendants.
Finally, if you ignore the advice of this review and others below and you do stay here, here are some tips:
The "resort fee" includes 1 small bottle of water per person on arrival - if you don't ask, they won't even give you this small courtesy.
Higher rooms were cleaner and were slightly more modern (ask for 9th or 10th floor).
Ocean view is nice, but window cleanliness impedes view.
In the basement is a pizza place (Pizza Bianco) - this is independent of the hotel and has great pizza for a very reasonable price.
If your breakfast is not included, don't pay 14 dollars for the hotel breakfast.
The beach is adjacent to an Ocean Rescue stand, so at least you will feel safe swimming here.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback.

massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

We came here over Xmas vacation with our children to find the POOL WAS CLOSED!! They didn't notify us. They didn't provide access to any other pool. They simply reimbursed us a lousy $13/ day "resort fee." Who closes their swimming pool in Florida during school vacation?? The continental breakfast is awful...about what you'd get at a cheap motel... Stale bagels, packaged a cereal. Not even fresh baked goods. No way this place should be called a " resort." Workmen are cutting and laying tile so even though we have a lovely view of the ocean, its marred by the constant sound of power tools and hammers. A complete disaster. And totally unacceptable that we were not told when we made our reservation. Otherwise the room is adequate, relatively clean, though there are places where the door jambs are crumbling and cracked, and the drains in our tub and sink didn't work well. Find another hotel. You can do better than this place... I am sure the pool will be nice when it is done but I wouldn't trust management that allows people to be deceived in this way.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
ear DavidSTHLM

Thank you for your feedback. Please note we strive to provide great customer service to all of our guests. Regarding the property, we just finished remodeling the pool and pool deck area and added new furniture. We are also constantly remodeling guests rooms , it's a process that takes time. I will share your review with our staff and management.

Stockholm, Sweden
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

For anyone considering staying at this hotel, please read the reviews in regard to this establishment. I agree with almost all the negative ones so I won't repeat what they already said.

There are some good things, this hotel was one of the very most popular hotels in the Miami area back in the day some 50 years ago or so.

That many years later today, the lack of any real maintenance and renewal has profoundly tarnished the once so proud Marco Polo. But the view is still fantastic and if that is what one is looking for more than anything, this is clearly a cheaper alternative albeit not at all price worthy.

There are quite a few hidden costs to your stay, so beware.

Negative:
In short, maintenance has apparently been somewhat missing for a few years and completely it seems these last years. With the now closed pool deck as the only exception. In all honesty, it is high time to tear down this building and start fresh. This hotel will never be what it once was.
Staff is sometimes unprofessional, working at this kind of hotel will surely have that effect on both staff and guests one assumes.
Air condition system is from the 60's it seems, in some rooms they've added an extra AC which is impossible to use during night due to the very loud noise it produces along with the cool air. Avoid in summer or suffer through the night.
No hotel parking, only expensive (and slow) valet service.
Any breakfast other than stale bread costs extra.

Positive:
Location, location, location.

Tip:
Find another hotel more inland and save money and your patience.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are any good rooms in this hotel. But some of them are for smokers, avoid tho...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear DavidSTHLM

Durban, South Africa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

If you are interested in staying t the Ramada in Miami, lease do not. We arrived at the hotel at 7pm to check in our bags. We were in a rush so we asked the front desk,Rodrigo, to leave our bags in the room. We got back to the hotel at 12:30am that night only to find that our bags were not in the room. Eventually when we got the bag we realized it had been broken. My gold watch was stolen along with other valuables. The man at the front desk, Brunell and Paula, refused to help us and nor did anyone else.
Furthermore, the bed sheets were dirty and we broke out into a rash everyday due to the dirt. There were also many tiny bugs and ants all over the room.

Don't waste your money staying here.

Room Tip: Do not stay here. Period.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Dear Priyal P,

Thank you for your review.
I will inquire about this with my front office managers.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the property for further discuss this issue.

Best regards from Sunny Isles Beach,

Operations Manager

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!