“Excellent Service” 4 of 5 stars

Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Miami, Florida, United States
“Excellent Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I loved having spent my labor day weekend in Marco Polo from the beginning I found two very attentive workers ready to help visitors: Cory and James are very professional, very friendly and fast they made the registration pretty smooth. I had lots of fun at the beach and pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear LucyP,
We are ecstatic with your comments.

We'll make sure to share this with the staff!

Best regards,

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Polish first
Elmira, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The hotel itself was in fair shape, but I am not one that complains unless I have good reason too. We travelled to the Fort Lauderdale area with my husband and two children and another family with young children. My biggest issue with this hotel is their way of charging for breakfast in the dining room. We were supposed to have a free breakfast with our stay here. We got to the dining room and discovered that it was only cereal and such. Ok fine, I can deal with that. What bothered me is that they charged $15 a kid to eat this measly fair of cereal and old pastries. Apparently kids are not included in the free breakfast. Ok fine, we decided that we would purchase a plate of pancakes off the menu for our two kids to share since they are not big eaters. The waitress told us we were not allowed to do that, that we had to purchase two plates of pancakes. I was angry and said that isn't right! The other patrons at other tables were watching one lady even said that it was a dumb rule and that the hotel was rediculous! So we ended up paying $30 for our kids to eat breakfast because they were not allowed to share and there was no kids menu. Rediculous if you ask me. I felt like we were ripped off!!

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Sniderette,
Thank you for your review.
We will definitely discuss your feedback with our Food & Beverage Manager.

Best regards,

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I wanted to express my gratitude and overall excellent experience at this hotel. We were spending the long weekend at the Marco Polo Hotel and enjoyed all aspects in several areas- Ariel and his staff (Beach and Pool Services) were excellent. They took care of all guests and always with a smile. Valet parking was also excellent even with the amount of guests the hotel had over the long weekend- they were always pleasant and no big delays. Overall a great value and we would definitely stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear AnthonyN,

Thank you for your review.
We are thrilled to hear such positive feedback!

We look forward to hosting your next stay in Sunny Isles,

Hialeah, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I enjoyed the labor day weekend in Marco Polo Hotel with my family. The time that we spend in the pool and at the beach was great. Ariel the pool and beach guy was so kind nice and did a very good job in helping us when we were there. thanks to all the guys for making us feel confortable at the beach and at the pool expecially Ariel.

Jackie and Family

Room Tip: room on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Jackiegomez,

Thank you for your review!
WE truly appreciate your time and your great rating!

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The bellman doesn't offer to take your things you have to get your own bag from your car after paying $18 for valet and go to the front desk to request a bellman when available, the partial
Ocean view shows u a small part of the pool and is directly infront of a dirty roof. The rooms are disgusting with falling paint chips and a dirty balcony and the wifi doesn't work
!! Ask the front desk for help and they tell u they will call u back.

• Stayed September 2012
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear ChristyLopez112,

We are disappointed with your recent feedback.
Please note the hotel offers 24 hours bellman assistance as well as Valet Parking service.
(there is also self-parking available right across the street ---Covered City Parking Garage at an hourly rate---)
We will address your review with the team.
Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at pablo@marcopolobeachresort.com

Regards from Sunny Isles Beach, FL

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Have to admit, some of these reviews confuse me. I rented a unit from an owner and had a great room. I know the hotel is older and I stayed here several years ago as a family with two teenagers and other family members. We were pretty comfortable then so I wanted to stay again. Several improvements! Ariel and the pool and beach service employees work hard to keep a clean and comfortable environment. Other staff is very friendly and accommodating. I do not understand how other reviewers complain of rudeness. NEVER did I witness any rudeness except by some guests who were not following the rules at the pool. The staff will address a situation quietly and I was never disturbed by it. I would stay again. I did notice any smells or bugs.

Room Tip: Try renting from an onwer. The hotel manages for private onwers who rent out their units.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Good Evening Lynda R,

Thank you for your recent review!
We truly enjoy hearing from our guests and reading such positive comments regarding our staff's customer service.
I would like to personally invite you to contact us directly at the hotel whenever you'd like to come back! (Booking your stay directly with us via email, phone, facebook page or as a walk in will ensure you a great stay as we do not offer the same services/amenities when making reservations through a private owner- not part of the hotel program)
Please find below our contact information:
resvdept@marcopolobeachresort.com , info@marcopolobeachresort.com, pablo@marcopolobeachresort.com

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Im in miami for labor day. I booked a room with a partial ocean view and a balcony. When I arrived, my room had no balcony. I complained, and they did move me to another room. Yes, it did have a balcony, but the room was not worth me paying $200 per night. Pealing paint, unfinished paint, and paint stains in the bathroom. The view is great, but I was disappointed to find wat room I got for what I paid. My next trip to miami will not include a stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear ej61386,

Please note I would like to learn more about your recent stay with us over Labor Day Weekend.
Please contact me via email at pablo@marcopolobeachresort.com

Operations Manager

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!