“Had a relaxing time soaking up the sun!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Boston, Massachusetts
“Had a relaxing time soaking up the sun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Have to admit, some of these reviews confuse me. I rented a unit from an owner and had a great room. I know the hotel is older and I stayed here several years ago as a family with two teenagers and other family members. We were pretty comfortable then so I wanted to stay again. Several improvements! Ariel and the pool and beach service employees work hard to keep a clean and comfortable environment. Other staff is very friendly and accommodating. I do not understand how other reviewers complain of rudeness. NEVER did I witness any rudeness except by some guests who were not following the rules at the pool. The staff will address a situation quietly and I was never disturbed by it. I would stay again. I did notice any smells or bugs.

Room Tip: Try renting from an onwer. The hotel manages for private onwers who rent out their units.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Good Evening Lynda R,

Thank you for your recent review!
We truly enjoy hearing from our guests and reading such positive comments regarding our staff's customer service.
I would like to personally invite you to contact us directly at the hotel whenever you'd like to come back! (Booking your stay directly with us via email, phone, facebook page or as a walk in will ensure you a great stay as we do not offer the same services/amenities when making reservations through a private owner- not part of the hotel program)
Please find below our contact information:
resvdept@marcopolobeachresort.com , info@marcopolobeachresort.com, pablo@marcopolobeachresort.com

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Im in miami for labor day. I booked a room with a partial ocean view and a balcony. When I arrived, my room had no balcony. I complained, and they did move me to another room. Yes, it did have a balcony, but the room was not worth me paying $200 per night. Pealing paint, unfinished paint, and paint stains in the bathroom. The view is great, but I was disappointed to find wat room I got for what I paid. My next trip to miami will not include a stay here.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear ej61386,

Please note I would like to learn more about your recent stay with us over Labor Day Weekend.
Please contact me via email at pablo@marcopolobeachresort.com

Hialeah, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

I am staying in this resort for the Labor Day weekend and just with a gentleman by the name of Christopher Lee, I know its going to be a great stay... I work with customers and this is the type of people you need to help you for a great stay... I will right another review once I stay this weekend but I want to tell you that if you need good help and advices with your room ask for Christopher..

Molina Family

Dear Nery G,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us!
We will share your feedback with our Front Office and Reservations Dept staff and give your kuddos to Christopher!!!

Looking forward to a great stay!

Miami, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

dreamypoo

New York City, New York

“Hotel Staff”

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I haven't arrived at the hotel yet and I already got an amazing customer service making my reservation with Christopher Lee. I was having trouble with making reservation online and he helped me and even got me a better rate. He was really good in answering all my questions and getting my reservation done. Thank you Chris.

Dear YSuarez2013,

Thank you very much for your review!

We truly appreciate it!

Columbia KY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Absolutely disgusting!! Stayed there three days before we noticed that my bag was infested with bugs. Later to find that the floor next to the bed had them crawling all over. When we went to the front desk they said "we do not have bed bugs" they offered to move us rooms to the room directly next to our room? If my room was infested, what makes me think they are not in the next room over?? The front desk was very nonchalant and not helpful. They would not comp anything and gave us $15 for laundry for 4 of us staying in that room. I felt so disrespected and disgusted when I left there that I will NEVER be staying there again. I would not recommend this hotel to ANYONE!! (stayed there from 8/22/2013-8/25/2013)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kirsten421,

We are disappointed with your recent review.
Please note as per the City of Sunny Isles as well as the Hotel Association and Ramada standards, we go through 3 to 5 inspections yearly in order to ensure all regulations are followed.
I would like to personally find out more about your stay with us.
Please contact me directly at pablo@marcopolobeachresort.com (copy this message in the email)

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here numerous times since 2005. Each stay was awesome. I have no complaints whatsoever. I have reservations next month so I am hoping to get the same great service with a great oceanview room with no problems and no bugs. I've read some of the reviews and I have never encountered any bugs which of course would be my main concern. I'll take bad customer service over roaches any day. Let's keep up the good work! Ramada Marco Polo Resort staff :)

• Stayed August 2013
Good Evening Passion4mylove,

Thanks for contacting us via TripAdvisor and sharing your past stays' experiences!
Our main goal is to provide great customer service as well as rooms' cleanliness.
Please contact me directly at pablo@marcopolobeachresort.com in order to look up your upcoming reservation.
As a repeated guest for many years, we would like to ensure a great stay!

Looking forward to hosting you at our property.

Best regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

I haven't even arrived at the hotel yet and I can say that the staff has already been very gracious to me. Not only did my original reservationist get me the best rate possible even beating out another rate I found online, but when I called back for confirmation the very sweet Christopher Lee made me feel secure that all would be taken care of when I arrive with my 8 year old daughter. Christopher was kind enough to even make suggestions for fun things I could do with my daughter. Looking forward to my visit!

Chan

Dear Dreamypoo,

Thank you for sharing your experience when contacting us!
We are glad to hear our Front Office/Reservations agent Christopher was able to assist you with your upcoming stay reservation.
We encourage all guests to contact us directly at the property in order to make your reservations.
This way, we can ensure all requests are taken care of !
We will definitely share your feedback with Chris and the entire team.

Best regards from Sunny Isles,

Operations Manager

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!