“Pool area so comfortable and clean!!” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Bourbonnais, Illinois
“Pool area so comfortable and clean!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My sister and I just returned from renting a room for a week at the Marco Polo from a private individual. The room was satisfactory, but the pool and beach area were by far the best. My sister and I went to Florida to enjoy the warm temperatures and love to be by the pool or on the beach. The pool was crystal clear, and the pool area was immaculate. Joseph greeted us every day as we entered the pool, and inquired how we were enjoying our stay. If you asked him or his staff for anything such as an umbrella, they went out of their way to accommodate you right away. We found out before we left that Joseph Loaiza was in charge of the pool and beach area. I have stayed at many places much newer and more expensive than the Marco Polo, but have never seen a pool and beach so well maintained!!! I hope the Marco Polo realizes what a gem they have in Joseph Loaiza.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear djs9171950m

Thanks for your recent review and for sharing your experience at our property!
We will make sure Joseph, our Pool Supervisor, gets a copy of your kuddos! It means a lot to all of us.
Looking forward to the opportunity to hosting another stay for you and your sister.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Hotel directly and for me.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Polish first
Mobile, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I am single female, traveling alone, with my dog (20lbs). I arrived at Hotel, a little nervous, but the hotel staff was so nice to me and made me feel very safe!!! The hotel goes out of their way to accommodate their guest, especially Ms. Manderson that works the front desk. The hotel is extremely dog friendly...dog has to weigh less than 20lbs. Its not a new hotel, but it offers great customer service and a safe feeling!

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Dear Lakesha D,
We truly appreciate your feedback!
We also also appreciate your mention of our Front Office Manager Paula Manderson, we'll make sure she gets a copy of your kuddos!

best regards from Sunny Isles,

Niverville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013 via mobile

We were in a condo so can't comment on housekeeping but everything else was wonderful....heated pool,right on the beautiful beach,convenient to shops and restaurants,safe area for walking, great help at the desk, polite service from valet parking and pool attendants and best of all two weeks of sunny weather!

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Embarcon,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and let the world know of your stay with us!
We look forward to hosting another stay for you!

Best regards from Sunny Miami!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

This place is ok.i don't like that the pool closes so early 8:00 or that they do not have a hot tub. The tiki bar is nice but with over priced drinks which is very normal for a tiki bar.they serve food also which is ok.the hotel staff is great.the owner is very nice as well and they have the best pizza place ever downstairs in lower lobby.this hotel has Jewerly stores stores with bags purses etc and then stores with chips clothes cig and more.they have valet parking and those guys are very nice but one of the ladies with the keys is an butt and one of the ladies r a sweetheart u will know who is who..but all together great place to stay

Room Tip: One that's been recently renovated
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Kristienrocky,
We truly appreciate you taking the time to write a review for us!
We are actually thinking about extending the hours of Operation of the Pool , but that's most likely happening this coming Summer! We will also let our Valet staff about your feedback.

We hope to have the chance to host another stay for you in the future.

Best regards from Sunny Isles,

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My initial conversation was with Wendy in reservations, when I called to book for pre and post cruise stays. I told her that both my wife and I had stayed at the hotel over 30 years before and had many positive memories. I also told her that I had read some negative reviews and she assured me that we would not be disappointed. I explained that we were arriving on an early a.m. flight and would probably be exhausted. She noted my situation and told me that once we had arrived that they would alert the cleaning staff and we would be given the first room available. Upon our arrival at the hotel at 8:30 am, we were greeted with respect and understanding and we had our room in less than 20 minutes. The room was clean, the view was spectacular, the location was perfect, and, the beds were incredibly comfortable. We were extremely pleased by our choice and couldn't wait to go back after the cruise.

The hotel has been around for a long time, and I am sure that with the effort put in by the staff that the hotel will be around for a long time.

Can't wait to go back next year!!!!

Room Tip: Spend the extra dollars and get a balcony and ocean front, it's worth every dime!!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MarcoPoloBeachRes, Operations Manager at Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Brian H,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for recognizing our Agent WENDY!
We are printing a copy of your kuddos for her.

We look forward to the opportunity to hosting another stay for your!

Please feel free to contact me directly.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at The marco polo ramada Beach resort in sunny isles Beach in january of 2013 the hotel is EXTREMELY old you can easily tell by looking at the the inside in certain areas. I was eating in the breakfast area and a roach was crawling on my foot I had ever ever experienced anything like it before. on my floor where my room was the smell was terrible it smelled like straight mold this is completely unsanitary overall the facility is terrible am surprised how this bldg passed city inspection!!!! But overall the staff was ok and at the concierge desk I had a terrible experience with the concierge staff a guy named John he didn't seem to know the area at all smh then I asked the other concierge a guy with long hair in a pony tail I forgot his name BUT HE is the only reason why I would stay at this hotel again he was extremely helpful and he seemed to want to help me unlike the other guy.OTHER than that I would never come again not even for free.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear DavidPiano4,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a comment.
Please be sure we will be discussing this issues with the staff to make sure we can correct them.
We would like to invite you back in order to have a better experience.
Please feel free to contact me directly at pablo@marcopolobeachresort.com

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Ramada in general has taken really great care of me and my family, however, patty the bartender at the pool bar outside made our stay. She was so sweet, she took care of us, she made our drinks perfectly, and was just a treat! Come see patty!

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Lallemon:

Thank you for your time and your amazing feedback for Patty our bartender!
We'll make sure to give her a copy of your kuddos!

Best regards from Sunny Isles Beach,

Operations Manager

Been to Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort? Share your experiences!