We came in as Westgate timeshare owners, but the property has two names and one management group. It was very confusing when making the reservations and checking on this hotel's ratings. We had requested an upgrade to a room with a balcony, months in advance, in the end we had to contact a Westgate supervisor who worked it out with the management of the hotel one day before we arrived. We were very leary before we got to the hotel.
First the positives. Fabulous location on the beach, huge pool and kiddie pool. Activities director with adult and kid stuff planned all week. All of it free, with prizes. Good Italian restaurant on the premises with reasonable prices. Nearby shopping and restaurants.
Our room had a king bed in one half and a mini-kitchen(micro-wave, small fridge,dishes & silverware). The rooms had a pocket door that separated them with a sofa bed in the kitchen area. It was quite adequate for the two of us. Lots of storage space in the room. Two phones and two televisions. A jetted bathtub in the bathroom.
Now for the not so positive. The room was somewhat musty and luckily we had a door to our balcony to open for fresh air. One side of the building has rooms without balconies/doors and windows that do not open. Since all of the rooms are smoking rooms, getting a room without ventilation could be real trouble if you are allergy prone. Luckily,we were able to deal with the mustiness.
We had several small issues during our stay:lightbulb burned out, not enough towels,blinking light etc. It took several days to resolve simple things and some were never resolved. Nothing that would keep us from coming back.
For Westgate owners, this property is not up to the standards of newness and sparkling clean facilities as are the other properties in Northern Florida. What it has over those properties is the ocean. There is nothing like going to sleep with the sound of the waves outside and waking up to a beautiful beach with available lounge chairs,a playground,and lots of beach toys to rent. Beach towels are free,there is a bar/restaurant by the pool for food and drinks and a hottub for those so inclined. Would I trade the beach for Mickey Mouse? Not anytime soon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. 300 guest rooms include those with an ocean or cityscape view and those with balconies overlooking the ocean. Resort amenities feature oceanfront pool, on-site restaurants, cabanas, children's playground and historic pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Groupon, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Agoda and Hotels.com so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach