We decided to exchange our beautiful time share in Embassy Maui resort for this one because it would expire. The hotel is very average and getting old, needs remodeling which they are doing on a daily basis and you can hear it.
The timeshare sales people were contacting us on a daily basis, which was not necessary because we already have one. Anyway we had to attend their party. The pool is very small, warm once in a while so we could get wet even when the weather was not that great.
The third day we left the room to go to the beach and my husband accidently left the wallet in the room, we were gone for about 45 minutes.
When we came back, the wallet was gone with 300 bucks cash. I was afraid that something like this might happen and refused daily maintenance in our room. This was the first day when I asked them to come and clean.
when we appoached the teller and security, the outcome was futile.
This kind of ruined our mood at this hotel and we decided to go to Orlando for the remainder of the trip!
About 4 month later, the wallet was mailed to us , of course with the cash missing.
It was found in the local mailbox by the mailman who when we called him said he does finds wallets there on occasion...
I think everyone should be aware of this, because it obviously happens veryfrequently and the thief is still employed beside the theft reports. They can track down the suspect if they care, because they know exactly which personnel enters the room by card they use. But they didn't get very upset when we complained. To keep the things quiet they offered transfer to another resort for extra fee. The best they could get us was 150 speciall for 3 days in Orlando Westgate resort. When we got there we found out that the special was only if we attend time share again. My husband set time around 8am to go to time share presentation. He went alone because me being 6 mos pregnant and with 18 months old I thought it was OK if we don't go. He was attacked by the time share personel that if we don't show there all of us we lose the special and we have to pay 300 per night.
I complained again, but they didn't care. So we all had to attend the earliest time share presentation the next day around 6.30 - 7.00am at our last day there in order to avoid very high fees.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. 300 guest rooms include those with an ocean or cityscape view and those with balconies overlooking the ocean. Resort amenities feature oceanfront pool, on-site restaurants, cabanas, children's playground and historic pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Otel, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Low Cost Holidays and Odigeo so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach