“Worth the Price” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Collins Ave, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Lubbock, Texas
“Worth the Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The room was pricey and well above what I typically spend for a hotel room, but we came into town with no room and this was one of the few with rooms left. However, the hotel was fantastic. It was extremely busy, but we were able to get checked in for the price that was quoted to us over the phone. The lobby was decorated nicely with a tree and two bird cages with parakeets. We self-parked for a fee in a parking lot across the hotel, but there was plenty of lighting and someone in the booth when we drove in. We made sure to take everything from the car and park under a light. The neighborhood was nice, but very busy with plenty of traffic. Lots of different places to eat and shop within reasonable walking distance. Our room was beautiful, but facing the street so it was noisy at night as people in Florida love to use their car horns! Large bathroom that was nice. Living room was separated by a partition from the bedroom for privacy. Two TVs - one in living and one in bedroom. Curtains worked great as the blocked out enough light for us to sleep in. Having the beach in the 'backyard' was priceless. We walked out around 10 am and the beach was already pretty busy. The huts the hotel provided were cute and it was close to a pier you could walk on.

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing the street in front of the hotel as it was pretty busy through the late...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

My daughter and I stayed here and had an amazing stay. Hotel was beautiful with a heated pool steps to the beach. Hotel staff were very helpful. Room was as shown on website. We plan on staying here again and again.

• Stayed January 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First off the place is okay of you enjoy staying at motels. We do not, and we were expecting way more from this "Hotel and Resort". The room was dirty, dingy, and well worn out. Carpets throughout the hotel are gross. Our bathroom was just nasty. Mold and mildew throughout the bathroom. The shower had minimal water pressure and the tub with jet was nasty! The water has a faint odor to it and color. The bed and bath linens were motel quality, poor at best. The air conditioning was pitiful. Set the temp at 70 for five days and the room never got below 76, and this was in December I can't imagine how it is in the summer. The TV's are flat-screen but the picture was bad and the channel selection was slim to none. The restaurants were poor quality and overpriced. We had friends come to visit us and the were forced to park across the street in a dingy lot behind a gas station and pay $20. In this poorly lit lot there were several men doing a brake job on Honda and two homeless men sleeping near the bushes.

Hotel free wifi is free, but it doesn't work!

The staff was always friendly but worthless. Their English was broken at best and they could care less about resolving problems or good customer service. Management was a joke. They are so busy based on location that they could care less about customer satisfaction and repeat customers. As one employee told us "The management don't care, we busy all the times".

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Essex Junction, Vermont, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I went there on our honeymoon and I reserved an executive suite. When I got there they didn't have it available and gave us an ocean front room and said for the two days we were there our parking would be free and our breakfast would be free. I said ok that is fine because they said our actual room would be ready early the next morning. Went down at 10am and the room wasn't ready. The woman at the counter said it would be ready at noon and of course it wasn't. We went up to the room we were staying in and that wasn't working either. Luckily there was someone up there that let us into our room. I called and talked to the manager and he said the resort fees would be waived. He didn't waive our resort fees and we only had one free day of parking. We paid for an executive suite for two nights and only got it for half a night and didn't get anything they said they were going to give us. I emailed the hotel and never heard anything back from them. They obviously don't care about the people that stay there which is a shame.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

So - I'd like to start by saying that we were originally hoping to host our wedding weekend in the Upper Keys (FL) but in dealing with many of the locations down there, found them to be overpriced for what we were looking for, and less than responsive to our booking needs. So when I found Newport Beachside, and specifically Pamela Presely (Director of Catering) we quickly changed our minds and moved forward in planning our November 8th wedding here! From the moment we first visited - to check out the property - we felt like we were "on vacation" (even though we live somewhat locally!) and that was the feel we wanted for our guests; esp. those traveling from out of town - so when the contract came back with everything Pamela had promised, we knew this was our place! But we also didn't didn't want to taste the food for the first time at our tasting, since they'll make sure all is well then, so we dined in the restaurant one night, "incognito" (so no one knew we were considering the venue for anything more than dinner!) and the food was wonderful...that was a Saturday, and we booked our event that following Monday! Pamela made everything VERY easy, helping even in areas she was not responsible for, and the banquet and catering staff we interacted with before, during and even after the event, were outstanding! I can't provide enough positive feedback about all of them - especially Vlad (Banquet Manager) Conrad (Lead Banquet Server) and Rhonda (bartender - who didn't even know who we were on one visit, and started mixing drinks at the Tiki Bar to get just the right color of blue for our signature drink!) The entire team took excellent care of us and our guests!

While we had a few minor bumps while we were there in other areas (front desk issues with an unfriendly staff person; service issues in the restaurant for breakfast) that did not detract from the wonderful experience - not only for us - but also for our guests! Blocks of rooms were all ready and waiting for guests (thanks to Lance and Val) and Karla, the front desk manager, was outstanding and extremely attentive to me and my guests - even allowing some of them to extend their stays (unplanned) for the same group rate that was in effect for the wedding weekend! Rooms were spacious and well maintained, breakfast in the restaurant was excellent (so we overlooked the slow service - esp. since no one was in a rush!) and the team at the spa was wonderful, making us look (hair, nails and makeup) and feel (massages) great!

Not only did some guests arrive as early as Wednesday for the weekend event, others checked out as much as a week later...and have all said they would definitely return in the future. As a matter of fact, many of our friends from out of town asked if we could have an "annual wedding" there so they can come visit again for another extended weekend! And while we can't accommodate that, we're willing to consider an annual anniversary trip to the location, to celebrate with friends :-)

We had banquet events both Friday (Welcome Reception) and Saturday afternoon/evening (Beach Ceremony/Cocktail Hour/Dinner Reception) and our guests described both as "the best they had ever attended" thanks, not only to Pamela's help in planning, but also to the excellent food and service they received! The chef and his team stepped out of the box and created recipes for menus that I had provided (not their pre-planned banquet offerings) and everything was so good, my guests wanted recipes!!

I could go on and on about how well taken care of we were, but I think this review is long enough to provide you with enough info to make an educated decision on hosting your next event here - or booking your next resort stay here. I think everyone who attended our event would return to the resort, without hesitation, not only for an overnight stay, but also, for their next catered event!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
DEVON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I read a critical review of the hotel just before I went there Dec. 1st 2014. The writer claimed the upstairs corridors smelled like cigarette smoke, and the carpeting in the hallways was shabby. The writer was also critical of the interior of the apartment. So of course I sniffed for cigarette smoke as soon as I got off the elevator on both the third and fifth floors. What did I smell? Nothing! As far as the carpeting in the corridor went, it had seen better days, but was still very serviceable, and not at all shabby. Our apartment had an entry way with a counter top and sink, and enclosed micro wave and refrigerator in a tall cabinet. There were also cabinets below the sink and on the other side of the counter top. To the left (as we entered) was a bathroom. Two things I was critical of was the tightness of space between the toilet and the open door, and the lack of an exhaust fan. Whenever I took a shower the mirrors steamed up, and I had to run the hair dryer on the mirror to see to shave.
After passing through the entry way we entered a sitting room with pull out couch and table, and a large TV on the opposite wall. Then into the bedroom which had a king size bed with dresser, with nice deep drawers that slid out easily, and a large TV opposite the bed, above the dresser. There was also a large closet with plenty of hangers for the two of us.
We had dinner in the dining room the first night and it was the best meal we had in the four days we were in Miami.
Check in and check out would have been smoother with more staff in attendance, but the staff was friendly. The pool area was large and well equipped with chairs and a tiki hut where lunch was served. The cheeseburger I had was excellent. From the pool area you went down steps to a deep beach with tiki huts you could rent or plenty of chairs to use on the beach. The main problem with the beach and pool areas is the lack of sunlight after two PM due to the sun being blocked by the large high rises.
All in all, we enjoyed our stay very much. Don't be put off by the negative review that someone else posted. They are either extremely picky individuals (must like to stay at the Four Seasons) or they had a gripe with management and wanted to steer people away from the hotel.

Room Tip: If you can arrange to get a room facing the pool, you will have an exterior balcony. Our room faced...
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My wife and I had a great experience at this hotel. We had a ocean front room. The room was clean and comfortable. I price was better than expected for a ocean front. Choose valet parking, smart choice. I would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Ocean front for romance, priceless.
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!