“Family vaca- can't beat the views! Well worth in.” 5 of 5 stars

You added Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort to your Saves list
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Collins Ave, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
Port Orange, Florida
“Family vaca- can't beat the views! Well worth in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

We returned to the Newport for a full 5 night vacation this month. The idea was to be right on the beach and just relax, but we ended up busy all week! The location to so much in South Florida makes it hard to stay put all the time. We went from room to Key Largo in just under and hour and a half and snorkeled. Then we hit the Everglades on the way home. And the American Girl Doll store after that. Just 30 minutes door to door for a Marlins game. We also explored Little Havana one afternoon- trying the Cuban coffee. Not a huge coffee drinker, so very surprised when it was so good and easy to drink. Key Biscayne was a great drive detouring through South Beach for a look at the sights. We ate in the design district at Harry's Pizzeria one night- super close and really neat to be in that area. Location is great!

The views from the room were great. We had a room that faced the ocean (this is a must). It was the most reasonably priced on the beach. This hotel looks over a pier and the sunrises and all day views were amazing- even with rain. We saw a manatee headed south one late afternoon, then a day later saw one headed north from the pier. There is no cost to go on the pier when you stay at the hotel. We wanted on it once a day just to see the stingray, fish and manatee and a sea turtle one day. There is now a restaurant on the pier- walking there with the kids was very convenient. The food was good as well.

We enjoyed a cabana on the beach a couple of mornings, the girls enjoyed poolside activities, and we were able to rent a jetski right down from the hotel. Kids loved that.

Staff was also polite and so helpful when we needed anything. We enjoyed eating at the pool bar as well several lunches. Grilled fish sandwich was a good size and tasted GREAT!

We valeted the car and there were always a ton of people working down there and we never waited long- especially considering how busy they were. Felt very taken care of there.

We'll go back- and I'm sure there won't be much resting since there's so much within a short drive we still have left to do- horse races one winter! Gambling when the kids are older!

Room Tip: Ocean front! There is also side view and it overlooks the pool. There are some rooms with street v...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

I don't have any complaints about my hotel room or the service I received. The hotel is nice enough and it is in a very nice area. The location is excellent for shopping and incidental needs and food. Our room was very clean and our sheets and towels were clean. The pool and beachfront are great and convenient.

However they nickel and dime you to death. It's $20 a day for parking, $35 a day for the cavana, $15 to rent an umbrella. There is a $2 charge per person for walking out on the pier. I went to the little store in the lobby to buy 2 cans of soda and they hit me with an automatic $0.75 tip. That is after I went and grabbed the soda from the refrigerator mysefl and put them on the counter to be rung up.

I really think that by the time you add up all the nickel and diming, you would be better off going to a more expensive hotel that does not nick your wallet at every possible turn.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, book a beach front room with a balcony. Though you need to reserve in advance...
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I stayed at the Newport Beachside Resort Hotel for five nights beginning July 17, 2014. The rooms were clean, although my room's rug was tattered. Some rooms are more renovated than others. The staff were very friendly and helpful. For example, I needed a wheel chair for my sister and the hotel allowed me to use theirs for the entire stay. At one point, they had a shortage of towels which was a little annoying. But the hotel maid was helpful in giving me a few later in the day. Also be aware that the elevators are small and are crowded most of the time. Be prepared for a long wait or opt to take the stairs. The gift store sells tee shirts and other items. But Wings is a short walk from the hotel and has a better variety along with cheaper prices. The beach and the pool are the highlights of this hotel. They were crystal clean and so very warm. All in all, I would stay at this hotel again and use what I now know to enhance my stay.

Room Tip: Choose a room that is not overlooking the parking area. Make sure that the door to the balcony clos...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Norfolk, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

My stay was not at all pleasant. They charge you ridiculous fees the staff was rude. It is always crowded & children every where. The lobby is nice with exception of annoying birds. Oh let's not forget the long waiting in line for front desk.

• Stayed March 2014
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is at a great area! Right on the beach and practically near everything. You can get to South Beach in about 15 mins. I must say their rooms do need improvement BUT their amenities make up for it. The pool and the beach are nice. The valet guys are very friendly. Kitchen 305 is absolutely amazing and their Spa is breathtaking ( not to mention their services) which are outstanding. So visit this hotel is you are looking for quality of service NOT quality of rooms.

• Stayed July 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I should have heeded other reviewer's warnings before staying here but oh well, we stayed there the week of July 14th. Check in was at 3 but we arrived early and alerted the front desk that we were here. They advised us to either leave the bags with the concierge or holding our bags until check in. Upon seeing that the concierge keeps the bags in the bar unattended and unsecured we opted to watch our own bags! Oh before I go on if you are using a vehicle I do advise you to valet your car instead of self park. Trying to cross busy Collins avenue to get to your car is taking a chance. Beside you have to hunt for an open space if THERE IS AN OPEN SPACE. I reserved 2 rooms and at the 3pm check in time I waited in line to check in and they said one of the rooms wasn't ready and they wanted to give me a room on a different floor and I refused as I wanted both rooms on the same floor. They advised me that it will take 15 minutes because the cleaning staff was still preparing and cleaning the rooms and they gave me vouchers for free drinks at the tiki hut. 15 minutes later I waited in line again to find out that they are still cleaning the room and I had to wait until 4. 4Pm came and was advised again that they are still cleaning so they gave us glasses of champagne for our wait. 5pm came and the rooms were ready and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice they were.

The elevators are slow and small because the hotel is constantly crowded, doesn't matter if it's 3am. I didn't bother to go to the pool because it was overcrowded with kids, I just went straight to the ocean which was a treat. The beach is well kept and the water is crystal clear with fish swimming around you. I don't know how the restaurants food was because I was mostly out of the hotel. The thing that put me over the top on the negative side was one day before checkout I looked at my bank statement and noticed a $200 hold and went straight to the front desk to find out what it was. I was advised that they put a $200 hold on my credit card because the cleaning staff found evidence that I was smoking in my room. I don't smoke people and I have asthma!! After arguing with them for a while they said they will talk to the head of the cleaning staff to see if the charge was false or not. I didn't get an answer until the day I checked out that they were going to take the hold off my card for the smoking charge. Maybe the incompetent cleaning staff was so inefficient at their job that they thought that I left cigarette residue laying around.

Needless to say you've been warned!

Room Tip: Stay in a pool view room or oceanfront room.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

We recently took advantage of the King Crab dinner on a Friday! We were certainly spoiled!
Everyone was so friendly, the service was fast and very accomodating. Our 2.5 year old son was made feel like a king. Yana and Armanda made us feel very special.
The King Crab were fresh and yummy, the drinks were great, the restaurant had a nice Friday evening atmosphere! We never write reviews, this experience was certainly worth it!
Great job, can't wait to return!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!