We returned to the Newport for a full 5 night vacation this month. The idea was to be right on the beach and just relax, but we ended up busy all week! The location to so much in South Florida makes it hard to stay put all the time. We went from room to Key Largo in just under and hour and a half and snorkeled. Then we hit the Everglades on the way home. And the American Girl Doll store after that. Just 30 minutes door to door for a Marlins game. We also explored Little Havana one afternoon- trying the Cuban coffee. Not a huge coffee drinker, so very surprised when it was so good and easy to drink. Key Biscayne was a great drive detouring through South Beach for a look at the sights. We ate in the design district at Harry's Pizzeria one night- super close and really neat to be in that area. Location is great!
The views from the room were great. We had a room that faced the ocean (this is a must). It was the most reasonably priced on the beach. This hotel looks over a pier and the sunrises and all day views were amazing- even with rain. We saw a manatee headed south one late afternoon, then a day later saw one headed north from the pier. There is no cost to go on the pier when you stay at the hotel. We wanted on it once a day just to see the stingray, fish and manatee and a sea turtle one day. There is now a restaurant on the pier- walking there with the kids was very convenient. The food was good as well.
We enjoyed a cabana on the beach a couple of mornings, the girls enjoyed poolside activities, and we were able to rent a jetski right down from the hotel. Kids loved that.
Staff was also polite and so helpful when we needed anything. We enjoyed eating at the pool bar as well several lunches. Grilled fish sandwich was a good size and tasted GREAT!
We valeted the car and there were always a ton of people working down there and we never waited long- especially considering how busy they were. Felt very taken care of there.
We'll go back- and I'm sure there won't be much resting since there's so much within a short drive we still have left to do- horse races one winter! Gambling when the kids are older!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. 300 guest rooms include those with an ocean or cityscape view and those with balconies overlooking the ocean. Resort amenities feature oceanfront pool, on-site restaurants, cabanas, children's playground and historic pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach