I should have heeded other reviewer's warnings before staying here but oh well, we stayed there the week of July 14th. Check in was at 3 but we arrived early and alerted the front desk that we were here. They advised us to either leave the bags with the concierge or holding our bags until check in. Upon seeing that the concierge keeps the bags in the bar unattended and unsecured we opted to watch our own bags! Oh before I go on if you are using a vehicle I do advise you to valet your car instead of self park. Trying to cross busy Collins avenue to get to your car is taking a chance. Beside you have to hunt for an open space if THERE IS AN OPEN SPACE. I reserved 2 rooms and at the 3pm check in time I waited in line to check in and they said one of the rooms wasn't ready and they wanted to give me a room on a different floor and I refused as I wanted both rooms on the same floor. They advised me that it will take 15 minutes because the cleaning staff was still preparing and cleaning the rooms and they gave me vouchers for free drinks at the tiki hut. 15 minutes later I waited in line again to find out that they are still cleaning the room and I had to wait until 4. 4Pm came and was advised again that they are still cleaning so they gave us glasses of champagne for our wait. 5pm came and the rooms were ready and I was pleasantly surprised at how nice they were.
The elevators are slow and small because the hotel is constantly crowded, doesn't matter if it's 3am. I didn't bother to go to the pool because it was overcrowded with kids, I just went straight to the ocean which was a treat. The beach is well kept and the water is crystal clear with fish swimming around you. I don't know how the restaurants food was because I was mostly out of the hotel. The thing that put me over the top on the negative side was one day before checkout I looked at my bank statement and noticed a $200 hold and went straight to the front desk to find out what it was. I was advised that they put a $200 hold on my credit card because the cleaning staff found evidence that I was smoking in my room. I don't smoke people and I have asthma!! After arguing with them for a while they said they will talk to the head of the cleaning staff to see if the charge was false or not. I didn't get an answer until the day I checked out that they were going to take the hold off my card for the smoking charge. Maybe the incompetent cleaning staff was so inefficient at their job that they thought that I left cigarette residue laying around.
Needless to say you've been warned!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just minutes from Miami and Fort Lauderdale, Newport Beachside Resort offers world-class services combined with outstanding value in a beautiful oceanfront setting. 300 guest rooms include those with an ocean or cityscape view and those with balconies overlooking the ocean. Resort amenities feature oceanfront pool, on-site restaurants, cabanas, children's playground and historic pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Priceline, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Newport Beachside Hotel Sunny Isles Beach
- Newport Beachside Resort
- Newport Miami Beach
- Newport Hotel Miami Beach
- Newport Beachside Hotel Resort
- Newport Beachside Hotel And Resort Florida/Sunny Isles Beach