“FROM BAD TO EXCELLENT” 3 of 5 stars

Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
3.0 of 5 Resort   |   16701 Collins Avenue, Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160   |
“FROM BAD TO EXCELLENT”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We stayed there March 10-12/14, check in is 3:00pm we got on a line of people to the lobby to be told that our room was not ready. My family and I were waiting for more than 40 minutes until I got up on line again to speak to the receptionist that had taken our credit card and other information to discover that she was gone for the day and we had to wait more; after a while room 212 was provided. Night came we could not sleep do to noise from neighbour's room actually the noise was coming under a "connecting door" that exist between rooms at this hotel I didn't know about it, I was running out of patience...went out looking for manager that's when everything changed for better, Mr. Jameson Rahim (Guest Services Manager) was not tired sowing us different rooms one with no "connecting door", gave us tickets to free breakfast. Thanks to Mr. Rahim we had an excellent at the end.
P.S. Just be careful with using the hotel transportation which has nothing to do with the hotel, After dropping me off at Miami airport noticed that I forgot a bag in his van Mr. Carlos(from Colombia) tried to apply an extortion of $40,00 in order to give my bag back I had already paid him $55,00 for the supposed $50,00 trip. Thanks for Miami police I got my bag back with no pay.

I do recommend the Hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms four floor up with no "connecting doors" between rooms.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
Winter Haven, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a beach wedding and it was everything that I had imagined. The staff was awesome and very helpful. The beach was right at my back door. Very convenient location. We didn't have to drive anywhere to restaurants because they were in walking distance. The hotel also had a bar for night life and entertainment. I will definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and it won't be my last time staying here.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

I attended a wedding at Newport Beachside the staff and hotel personnel were super accommodating and very friendly! For the actual wedding the staff were proactive in keeping the ceremony space clear of non-wedding guests and did a great job acting as "security" around the seating area. The flow of the wedding was enhanced by the layout of the hotel when guests had to move from ceremony to cocktail hour and on to the reception area. The food was very tasty and delivered to the guests in a timely manner, the servers were more than willing to help when needed. The experience was excellent and I would definitely recommend a stay to other patrons.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Roselle, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Let me preface this review by saying nothing in sunny isles is cheap. Hotels, parking and food are expensive everywhere. We stayed 2 nights with our 2 kids end of February and had a great time. First off you have to pay for parking $15 for self park or $20 for valet per night. We did valet, guys were great and car comes back quickly. There was damage on our rental that had to be from the valet but we couldn't prove it so make sure u check car before leaving. Check in took about 20 min but manager came around with champagne to make you feel welcome. Lobby was beautiful and our kids loved the birds on display. Elevators were often slow but it wasn't terrible. Rooms are nice, hotel is being upgraded so not all are top notch. We had an outdated one but called and asked to be switched which was done the second night. They have a restaurant on site which has some lobster special on Wednesdays. We made a reservation but they wanted us to wait 45 min. We were extremely upset about that because of our 2 young ones and ended up leaving the hotel for dinner. Reservations should be honored especially for hotel guests. Breakfast is very expensive and mediocre at another restaurant they have onsite. We spent the day at the beach which is well maintained. Chairs are free for guests but huts, and padding are charged. The pool was amazing, water felt like 90 degrees perfect for kids. We took another shot at dinner at kitchen 305 and only had to wait about 5 minutes on Thursday. Food was extremely good but came to about $80 for 2 adult and 1 child entree 2 drinks. Overall had a great time, if not for the overpriced nature of parking and food as well as the restaurant mishap we would have given a 5 star. Bell service was fantastic, front desk needs more friendly women. Would go back but do not advise going with small children as this is more of a couples hotel.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

My friends held their wedding at the Newport Beach Resort in early March, and it was such a pleasant experience! While I did not sleep at the hotel, I spent about 16 hours there the day of the wedding.

I served as the Day-of Wedding Coordinator, so I had the opportunity to interact with many of the hotel's staff from various departments. My two main contacts were Pam (Newport Wedding Coordinator) and Vladimir (Newport Banquet Manager). I have to acknowledge both as well as their staff because they exceeded all of my expectations. The entire staff went over and beyond to ensure everyone had a great time. It was quite the experience!

The ceremony was on beach. It was absolutely beautiful. We were very pleased at how the weather held up and the view was spectacular.

After the ceremony, guest moved to the cocktail hour which was held under the Tiki hut outside the pool area. I missed this portion of the wedding as I was preparing for the reception. But all of the guest were pleased with hors d'ouvre and drinks.

The reception was great! The food was good, warm and each course came out just in time. The crab cake appetizer was fantastic! We also had a great time. I'd like to attribute it to great planning on our behalf but it was definitely a reflection of the banquet staff. They were all polite, courteous and accommodating. The staff take pride in creating memorable experiences for guests.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I attended my friend's wedding on March 1st and was pleasantly surprised by the level of service provided. As soon as I arrived, the valet, walked my gift (an oversized crock pot that was heavier than I realized) inside. Her wedding was beachside and the hotel had multiple staff members there to keep noise levels at a minimum & kept bystanders at bay. The food provided by the hotel at her reception was phenomenal. And as we all know, aside from the nuptials, the food is the next most important part of the wedding. Vladimir, the event coordinator, made all the guests of the wedding feel as important as those being wed.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I stayed at the hotel briefly for a wedding and I was pleasantly surprised. The beachside view from my room was beautiful and exactly what I would expect for a beach side resort. I had one issue with housekeeping that was quickly resolved by management. All in all I would stay here again for a romantic get away and some much needed R&R.

• Stayed March 2014

Been to Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!